am i the only one ?????

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts

who is getting tired of being let down by sony. don't get me wrong i love my ps3 but everytime the announce something big and we get our hopes up it gets delayed ( resistance map packs, motorstorm update, rainbow six vegas, graw 2 is pushed back until september, and the darkness is delayed until july 20th) i think it's time for sony to walk the walk give us something please anything a demo more ps1 games anything

Japan-Japanese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Japan-Japanese
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts

who is getting tired of being let down by sony. don't get me wrong i love my ps3 but everytime the announce something big and we get our hopes up it gets delayed ( resistance map packs, motorstorm update, rainbow six vegas, graw 2 is pushed back until september, and the darkness is delayed until july 20th) i think it's time for sony to walk the walk give us something please anything a demo more ps1 games anything

patrickjw333

The only thing that Sony let me down on is making PS3 games region free but not PS1 or PS2 games Region Free. Also as fare as more Playstation One game you can forget about that the only country left getting new Playstation One games is Japan and they are mostly re-releases or budget titles.

GeneralX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GeneralX84
Member since 2007 • 768 Posts
[QUOTE="patrickjw333"]

Japan-Japanese

The only thing that Sony let me down on is making PS3 games region free but not PS1 or PS2 games Region Free.

maybe not PS2 games, but true, PSX games are not even sold anymore, why not make them region free?

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

patrickjw333

i'd like to know where you got that information since everywhere i just checked still has the Darkness for the 25th and june and GRAW 2 for August 21st.

banunn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 banunn1
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
...yes I have been disappointed, I really hope they make some major strides to make it up to the consumers, however I am still looking forward to drake's fortune!
namcoman67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 namcoman67
Member since 2003 • 633 Posts
i dont really see the problem because when something gets delayed it means they can fix more things and work on it more. making it better i rather wait a long time than get a rushed game full of bugs
Jhoffman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jhoffman89
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
I completly agree with namcoman.  As long as the game is good i dont care how long i have to wait
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
[QUOTE="Japan-Japanese"][QUOTE="patrickjw333"]

GeneralX84

The only thing that Sony let me down on is making PS3 games region free but not PS1 or PS2 games Region Free.

maybe not PS2 games, but true, PSX games are not even sold anymore, why not make them region free?

Imported games are very valuable.

jacky531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jacky531
Member since 2007 • 1121 Posts
I need a demo until a game comes out like transformers
Kruegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Kruegmeister
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts
I too would rather wait for a game to come out as opposed to being rushed out. Rushed games are never good.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Am I the only one that noticed that AT LEAST 3 of those gripes you mentioned are not even made or controlled by SONY?!!

SONY does not directly control or dictate, to UBISOFT for instance, the release dates for said games. They are an inferior and lackluster company that is known for its production delays and poor ports.

As for the Motorstorm update, I would much rather the patch come out and take care of the issues it was release for than to introduce new problems so some impatient gamer can be pacified.

foxbait95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foxbait95
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
err none of those games u listed are sony games?? they dont push them back, the developer does.
9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts
well the things you all listed are being delayed because of it might have had a problem or two or they might be making it better so it doest get rushed and turns out crappy. like resistance map packs, and motorstorm update. but rinbow si vegas, ghost recon, and darkness as being pushed back ha nothing to do with sony. so its not their fault the games got pushed back. so dont blame everything on sony
player2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 player2k
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
not to mention Ubisoft's games are on bad discs half the time
9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts
^ case and point
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

Am I the only one that noticed that AT LEAST 3 of those gripes you mentioned are not even made or controlled by SONY?!!

SONY does not directly control or dictate, to UBISOFT for instance, the release dates for said games. They are an inferior and lackluster company that is known for its production delays and poor ports.

As for the Motorstorm update, I would much rather the patch come out and take care of the issues it was release for than to introduce new problems so some impatient gamer can be pacified.

danjammer69

my thoughts exactly

good job

patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts

i'm just saying all this waiting is getting really frustrating like the firmware updates all of the updates we got should have been available at launch it's pathetic to wait 7 months and we finally get upscaling. and i work at gamespot and our system says darkness july 20th and graw 2 late september

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

patrickjw333

You can't really blame them for any of those things. It's more the game devs' faults. I suppose you could blame them somewhat for Resistance and a little more for Motorstorm because they own the Motorstorm producer and the Resistance producer is pretty closely related to Sony as well.

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
you had me worried for a second, but im pretty shure the darkness has NOT been delayed. 
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Actually the developers are trying to utilize the power that's been put before them. This alone can be mind boggling for anyone. Also with multi-ports there having to strip the game down to the core and develop from the ground up. Also they are adding a large amount of data to the Blue-Ray disc just to use as much space they possiblycan.
LeDavester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LeDavester
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts
it's because microsoft are secretly paying these companies to delay r6v, and graw and darkness.
mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mindworm22
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts

I'm very disappointed. The game selection is nothing short of terrible at this time. I got my PS3 with the initial run before the holidays, and there has been NOTHING of substance -- in actual game selection, that has come out of late. I'm a huge Sony fan, but there performance with the PS3 has been brutal. Their poor numbers are deserved.

madmancd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 madmancd
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I agree with "mindworm22". I am taking off my rose colored glasses. It has been several months since the PS3 release and the game library is definitely lacking. In addition, the latest sales articles are not looking good as noted by the article linked below. I am not giving up hope yet, however, I must admit that I am concerned. :?

Dallas News Article

mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mindworm22

I'm all in favor of supporting the system I spent my hard earned money on, but this is absolute crap. The game selection is deplorable, and the fact that every other post on this board is "I can't wait until....". It seems like that's all anyone can say about the PS3. And don't think Sony isn't to blame. It's fine to put out a system that's hard to program for, but they're woeful efforts to help developers with kits and the sort along the way serves them right. So far the PS3 is nothing more than a great idea executed about as poorly as one could imagine.

And that's an absolute shame.

SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts

patrickjw333

Your not my friend but this is life nothing is easy.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
At least blame the right people. Most of the time, Sony has nothing to do with those things. If a game is delayed, most of the time, it's the devs fault. (and I'm not even counting the fact that delays are positive)
yanks1112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 yanks1112
Member since 2005 • 867 Posts

you had me worried for a second, but im pretty shure the darkness has NOT been delayed.kreestoph

AMEN!! Tell that troll! lol

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deadkingdg

I'm all in favor of supporting the system I spent my hard earned money on, but this is absolute crap. The game selection is deplorable, and the fact that every other post on this board is "I can't wait until....". It seems like that's all anyone can say about the PS3. And don't think Sony isn't to blame. It's fine to put out a system that's hard to program for, but they're woeful efforts to help developers with kits and the sort along the way serves them right. So far the PS3 is nothing more than a great idea executed about as poorly as one could imagine.

And that's an absolute shame.

mindworm22

The X360 didn't came out with the library it has now. In fact, when it was about 6 months old, its library was also seriously lacking. The Wii is pretty much the same. Two worth owning IMO. Zelda is the only Wii game I bought, while I bought 2 PS3 games so far. X360 has a great library NOW, but PS3 will as well once Fall arrives.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
I'm really happy with my PS3, the fact a couple of expansions and games are pushed back a bit, doesn't bother me at all, you should focus more on what youDO have, and time will seem to pass much faster 8).
stevo9204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 stevo9204
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yup the more time they take the better the game
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

At least blame the right people. Most of the time, Sony has nothing to do with those things. If a game is delayed, most of the time, it's the devs fault. (and I'm not even counting the fact that delays are positive)deadkingdg

Actually, Sony could have prevented the lull were having right now by sending out there deve kits earlier. I don't mind waiting, I am a patient person, but Sony is definitely to blame for the current lull.

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts
YES you are the only one, PS3 is fine, I use it features well and play the games it already has out.
deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deadkingdg

[QUOTE="deadkingdg"]At least blame the right people. Most of the time, Sony has nothing to do with those things. If a game is delayed, most of the time, it's the devs fault. (and I'm not even counting the fact that delays are positive)vegetattack15

Actually, Sony could have prevented the lull were having right now by sending out there deve kits earlier. I don't mind waiting, I am a patient person, but Sony is definitely to blame for the current lull.

Who said that the announced delays for various games were due to late dev kits? Sometimes delays are due because devs found a major bug that has to be corrected or that they decided to add something new later on. Projects are planned, and they are usually planned with their current ressources. If an employee falls sick or leaves the job, it can get a game delayed for weeks. Sony is responsible for this? Of course not. People plan how long it should do different things depending on their difficulties. Sometimes they are wrong because they forgot about something, but dev kits have little to do with it.

snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
Although it is true that if they take their time making a game it will be better, it's going to be hard this fall trying to figure out how to budget in all of the great games. Be patient, before you know it Uncharted, R&C FTOD, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, + many many more great games will be available for the system.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vegetattack15
[QUOTE="vegetattack15"]

[QUOTE="deadkingdg"]At least blame the right people. Most of the time, Sony has nothing to do with those things. If a game is delayed, most of the time, it's the devs fault. (and I'm not even counting the fact that delays are positive)deadkingdg

Who said that the announced delays for various games were due to late dev kits? Sometimes delays are due because devs found a major bug that has to be corrected or that they decided to add something new later on. Projects are planned, and they are usually planned with their current ressources. If an employee falls sick or leaves the job, it can get a game delayed for weeks. Sony is responsible for this? Of course not. People plan how long it should do different things depending on their difficulties. Sometimes they are wrong because they forgot about something, but dev kits have little to do with it.

Wish I could give you a direct quote, I think its on gametrailers.com, on the bonus round. Some factiods were that producers were not getting dev kits until last ...August, I think. Some were not even getting them until October.

I don't have the direct quote though, so I won't push the matter. Like I said Im patient, and although its my opinion that Sony is to blame for the current lull (if you can call it that, the system is less than a year old), I don't mind waiting.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vegetattack15
Also Im sure such a state of the art peice of hardware has got to be difficult to design for, a real learning process. The games we see for, oh I'd say the next couple years, are hardly going to be indicitive of what the PS3 can really do. Again, no quotes or references to back up what Im posting here, just my opinion.
RFNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 RFNeo
Member since 2003 • 233 Posts

I'm very disappointed. The game selection is nothing short of terrible at this time. I got my PS3 with the initial run before the holidays, and there has been NOTHING of substance -- in actual game selection, that has come out of late. I'm a huge Sony fan, but there performance with the PS3 has been brutal. Their poor numbers are deserved.

mindworm22

I am not saying you are not right, but those were my thoughts exactly during the first year I owned my 360. I used my console for the longest time just to watch ripped episodes of Lost. Then Gears Of War came along and things got brighter. But it was a good year before I could really enjoy my console. What I see right now on the PS3 is exactly the same situation.

I am sure things will get better starting this fall, and in the long run I trust Sony better than any other console maker,when it comes to variety of titles. Just look at the size of the game library for PS2 and PS.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deadkingdg

Wish I could give you a direct quote, I think its on gametrailers.com, on the bonus round. Some factiods were that producers were not getting dev kits until last ...August, I think. Some were not even getting them until October.

I don't have the direct quote though, so I won't push the matter. Like I said Im patient, and although its my opinion that Sony is to blame for the current lull (if you can call it that, the system is less than a year old), I don't mind waiting.

vegetattack15

I don't know if they told the dev that they would get them in march then once april arrives they say it will be after the summer, THAT could cause delays because they planned their work with devs kit in march in mind, but if they were planned for the end of summer from the beginning, then it shouldn't cause any DELAYs because that's how it was planned from the start. Yes the game will arrive later, but it wouldn't be delayed and the customers will never know. If a delay is announced now, in 2007, then it has nothing to do with devs kits because they've had more than enough time to replanify their work since they got the kits.

I'm patient as well, and I prefer having a good game late than a game with bugs and not much content early. If a game is delayed, it's because it is not ready, simple as that. If it's not ready, then I want the devs to delay it rather than put the game in a box and ship it as it is.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vegetattack15
[QUOTE="vegetattack15"]

deadkingdg

I don't know if they told the dev that they would get them in march then once april arrives they say it will be after the summer, THAT could cause delays because they planned their work with devs kit in march in mind, but if they were planned for the end of summer from the beginning, then it shouldn't cause any DELAYs because that's how it was planned from the start. Yes the game will arrive later, but it wouldn't be delayed and the customers will never know. If a delay is announced now, in 2007, then it has nothing to do with devs kits because they've had more than enough time to replanify their work since they got the kits.

I'm patient as well, and I prefer having a good game late than a game with bugs and not much content early. If a game is delayed, it's because it is not ready, simple as that. If it's not ready, then I want the devs to delay it rather than put the game in a box and ship it as it is.

Agreed

mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mindworm22

--- Some factiods were that producers were not getting dev kits until last ...August, I think. Some were not even getting them until October ---

Exactly. They didn't have their act together and are paying the price now. Someone said that things aren't Sony's fault, when much of this certainly is. If they had their act together and got the dev kits out on time, half of the "serious bugs" being found wouldn't have taken place since developers would have been able to harness the power appropriately rather than figuring it out as they went along. Timing is everything, and anyone who doesn't think that Sony has botched this launch big-time is fooling themselves. I'm NOT saying they can't make it up, since I think the PS3's abilities are the best on the market, but that power edge doesn't mean victory in and of itself. And it certainly won't mean squat if developers abandon ship and go to the easier to program but limited by capacity XBox360.

And, to the person who said "enjoy what you have".....I am. But I can only play so much Resistance, Motorstorm, and Madden 07 with it's crap framrate. Right now I have a steallar Blu Ray Player and a system I hope will still be around to have games made for it in 2009 at this rate.

schesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 schesak
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts

I'm very patient, rushed games tend to end up being bad.

Games that try to stick to a pre-defined release schedule rather than push back said date if there are issues in development, are rushed games... and tend to be bad.

I don't want potentially good games to end up being bad games.

Personally always liked Blizzard's way of handling release dates. They don't give you a firm date until they are pretty much finished, prior to that their release date is always given as "When it's ready." .. I wish all game developers followed that policy.

mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mindworm22

--- I'm patient as well, and I prefer having a good game late than a game with bugs and not much content early. If a game is delayed, it's because it is not ready, simple as that. If it's not ready, then I want the devs to delay it rather than put the game in a box and ship it as it is. ---

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Again, these delays could have been shortened or eliminated entirely if Sony had their act together IMHO. Right now they're looking to win the Blu-Ray format war, but lose the console battle. And if you read Sony's financial reports at all, you'll know that the PS2's success was THE main profit center for them - as a whole - over the past few years. (In fact, it was the only thing keeping them out of the red at times...)

mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mindworm22

--- Games that try to stick to a pre-defined release schedule rather than push back said date if there are issues in development, are rushed games... and tend to be bad. ---

Like Madden 07, for instance. Ugh. I hope that Drake, Lair, MGS, Little Big P, and Home can make people consider buying the system going forward or there's going to be NO install base to develop for. It's simple economics folks. If the bodies aren't out there to consume the product, no matter how good it is it won't make $$$. And that's what it comes down to in the end.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deadkingdg

--- I'm patient as well, and I prefer having a good game late than a game with bugs and not much content early. If a game is delayed, it's because it is not ready, simple as that. If it's not ready, then I want the devs to delay it rather than put the game in a box and ship it as it is. ---

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Again, these delays could have been shortened or eliminated entirely if Sony had their act together IMHO. Right now they're looking to win the Blu-Ray format war, but lose the console battle. And if you read Sony's financial reports at all, you'll know that the PS2's success was THE main profit center for them - as a whole - over the past few years. (In fact, it was the only thing keeping them out of the red at times...)

mindworm22

You can't really say "losing". Being behind in score at half-time of the first round in a game of 7 rounds doesn't mean much. PS1 was losing to N64 after a year, yet it killed it in sales once games like FF7 came out.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vegetattack15

mindworm22

IMO, if they win the Blue-Ray, then the console war goes with it.

mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mindworm22
Things are much different now than 10 years ago. Sales are 4:1 almost in favor of Wii, and 2.5:1 in favor of the XBox360 (who already had a huge installed base lead). Again, you can make whatever sports analogy you'd like, but in the end if there aren't enough installed consoles to develop for, we'll wind up getting nothing more than ports for the existence of our system by 2009 essentially.
mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mindworm22

-- IMO, if they win the Blue-Ray, then the console war goes with it. --

Why? They're two separate things. DVD would have survived without the PS2 certainly.

mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mindworm22

And just so we're clear, again, I don't hate my ps3. I hate Sony's execution of a great idea thus far...

May 2007 US sales chart:

Nintendo Wii: 338,278
PlayStation 2 187,765
Xbox 360: 154,932
PlayStation 3: 81,604

Again, no base, no games, no fun. And with all those new Wii boxes sold, don't you think some developer is dying to make them a system winning RPG?

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vegetattack15

-- IMO, if they win the Blue-Ray, then the console war goes with it. --

Why? They're two separate things. DVD would have survived without the PS2 certainly.

mindworm22

Yes, but IMO, the PS2 would not have conquered the video game world quite as much as it did, without DVD.

mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mindworm22

With the advent of DVD, people only had to get the "box" to enjoy the huge upgrade in video and sound quality. Currently less than 1/5 households has an HDTV to enjoy the benefits of Blu-Ray, which makes this format war a different animal entirely. You're not only asking people to shell out $$$ for the Blu-Ray player, but also sink a huge chunk of $$$ into a TV to see the difference.

Apples and oranges, folks.