About purchasing Warhawk...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mutill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mutill
Member since 2005 • 458 Posts

Okay so today's my birthday and I got 60 bucks from an uncle. I don't wanna buy a full game since there aren't many out there that catch my eye but some PSN games do.

I'm planning to buy Warhawk but I don't know if I should buy the CD or just download it. I mean, if I download it my friends can play it with my account when I'm not using it. And also there's no risk of disc scratching.

But just buying the disc itself makes me feel more comfortable.

So, what do u think, should I download it from the PSN store or just buy the disc?

Thanks

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

well for one i have never seen a scratch blu-ray disc before so no worries there. the thing is if you can find the game for 30 than fine but if the blu-ray disc game is still 40 bucks download it for 30 instead and get the 15.99 dollar expension packs.

if you want the head set the buy the blu-ray disc if you can still find it for 50.

again download is $30 so make sure the blu-ray disc is also $30 and not $40.

have fun it is my most played game. also you are going to suck at first and i mean suck so don't give up because once you get the hang of it you will be hook.

i suggest getting good at ground support in stead of air because it takes more time learning the warhawks take it from me i have been playing over a mouth strait and still not great in flying the warhawks.

but im great on the ground.

good luck.

mutill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mutill

Alright thanks, but is there like a benefit I can get when buying the disc instead of downloading it? Because I find plenty of benefits when downloading them but not really when buying the disc itself.

Also, are expansions really necessary?

reef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 reef
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts

get the disc

if u have other user acounts u cant share the game with them

but the disk u can

Rich1631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rich1631
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts
I'd say get the disc version. It is the same price and you get the box and manual. Not to mention that Warhawk has a steep learning curve and ou might want to read the manual to get used to the different controls and game modes.The expansions are not crucial but they do add alot of great features. You can get all three for $15.99 which is a bargain, it is buy 2 get 1 free.
mutill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mutill

Alright then, thanks I guess I should get the disc. Then I'll wait for Wipeout HD that would make it 50 bucks.

And maybe SSF2THDR (thats a really long name) will be 10 bucks so ill save those 10 bucks ;) thanks.

E8_UFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 E8_UFO
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts
I was on Warhawk tonight and there doesn't seem to be that many online these days. I think the ones that are, are the ones that had originally downloaded it like myself. I used to love Warhawk but since playing Bad Company online it now seems a little dated. So if I had some spare cash I would look for Bad Company in a pre owned or bargain bin if you've not already played it......
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

get the disc

if u have other user acounts u cant share the game with them

but the disk u can

reef

Yes you can use it on other accounts.

They patched this a few months back. I found out when my son told me that he can finally "Play Warhawk on his account"

The only limitation is that you need to play it on a system that has the origianl purchasers password stored on it.