4 Million PS3's Shipped!

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
http://www.kabutocho.net/news/livenews/dl_79854.html Last weekend Ken said 4 million PS3's have shipped. For those of you don't know what shipped means, it means sold to retailer or whole sellers. That is, the PS3's are not owned by SCE anymore, Instead someone like Gamestop, Best Buy, K-mart, has to pay for the wearhousing and wait for someone like us to buy it. http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=59719
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
[QUOTE="Telekill"]http://www.kabutocho.net/news/livenews/dl_79854.html Last weekend Ken said 4 million PS3's have shipped. For those of you don't know what shipped means, it means sold to retailer or whole sellers. That is, the PS3's are not owned by SCE anymore, Instead someone like Gamestop, Best Buy, K-mart, has to pay for the wearhousing and wait for someone like us to buy it. http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=59719

DING, you win a prize since half the people on here dont understand how business works, nice post
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
awesome. I am assuming that is worldwide. that was a pretty quick jump from 2 million to 4 million. the 6 million shipped goal seems obtainable now.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="Telekill"]http://www.kabutocho.net/news/livenews/dl_79854.html Last weekend Ken said 4 million PS3's have shipped. For those of you don't know what shipped means, it means sold to retailer or whole sellers. That is, the PS3's are not owned by SCE anymore, Instead someone like Gamestop, Best Buy, K-mart, has to pay for the wearhousing and wait for someone like us to buy it. http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=59719

linked for you.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gzus666
i seem to remember so many that thought they wouldnt sell more than 1mil, HAHAHAHA
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
its not suprising to me
now the track is set for domination
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"]awesome. I am assuming that is worldwide. that was a pretty quick jump from 2 million to 4 million. the 6 million shipped goal seems obtainable now.R-Dot-Yung
i think they made it 4 million from 6 million so they hit 4 mil

I don't remember that. Earlier this month, they were still committed to the 6 million shipped by the end of March. I don't remember that changing. care to provide a link?
gayguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gayguy
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts
shipped to where? US?
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eclipsed4utoo
shipped to where? US? gayguy
no. this probably includes the 1 million shipped to Europe since Sony stated last week that they had already shipped the 1 million units to the PAL countries.
Avatar image for AssKick-U-Lator
AssKick-U-Lator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 AssKick-U-Lator
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

lmao im one of the people who would have thought shipping something was juset sending to the store, didnt know they actually sell it.

SICK!

i want more people to own a PS3 so theres more people on online games ! :D

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eclipsed4utoo

lmao im one of the people who would have thought shipping something was juset sending to the store, didnt know they actually sell it.

SICK!

i want more people to own a PS3 so theres more people on online games ! :D

AssKick-U-Lator
Sony "sells" the console to the retailer. The retailer actually has to pay Sony for the console before they receive it.
freediro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freediro
Member since 2006 • 3782 Posts
let it begin!
zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts

shipped??????? really. no...

i seriously doubt it.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gzus666

i seriously doubt it.

zhuojloh
hard to doubt when there is a direct link and its from the company, remember they have shareholders they cant lie too either, cause if they find out, thats some deep crap for them
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
Bump
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
Take this to SW , watch the lemmings Tear it up for it saying shipped
zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
[QUOTE="zhuojloh"]

i seriously doubt it.

Gzus666
hard to doubt when there is a direct link and its from the company, remember they have shareholders they cant lie too either, cause if they find out, thats some deep crap for them

you are right about the share holder, but that's too much scandal flying around esspecially corporate scandal, sometimes they will lie a little bit to boost investor confident and yeah, deep crap they will be if they find out. But I think you have a very good valid point. Since This is a public announcement, If they lied, crap will catch up to them so fast they won't even know what happen.It will be stupid to lie. Yeah I think I will trust the figures.
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Uzburacuz9
[QUOTE="gayguy"]shipped to where? US? eclipsed4utoo
no. this probably includes the 1 million shipped to Europe since Sony stated last week that they had already shipped the 1 million units to the PAL countries.

i dont think so dude. but hey if they ARE including the 1 mil for europe then they apparently will have even more available for our euro buddies.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"][QUOTE="gayguy"]shipped to where? US? Uzburacuz9

i dont think so dude. but hey if they ARE including the 1 mil for europe then they apparently will have even more available for our euro buddies.

Sony stated last week that they have already shipped out the 1 million unit allotment for the PAL launch. Why wouldn't they include those numbers in their shipped figures?
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts
Thats FANTASTIC, I guess Sony will keep their promise of shipping 6 million by the end of march after all
__Maximus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 __Maximus__
Member since 2005 • 1247 Posts

If the European allocation has already been shipped does anyone think that Sony will bring the launch forward? Surely it won't take 3 whole weeks for them to arrive to the stores!!

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 eclipsed4utoo

If the European allocation has already been shipped does anyone think that Sony will bring the launch forward? Surely it won't take 3 whole weeks for them to arrive to the stores!!

__Maximus__
it can take up to 6 weeks to ship by sea.
chembro84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chembro84
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
Is this really good news? 4M shipped 1.5M sold? That means 2.5M are sitting there pissing off retailers. , even if it counts the 1M for Europe that means for half the PS3s in the world are sitting in regions where they are available, unsold.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="zhuojloh"]

i seriously doubt it.

zhuojloh

you are right about the share holder, but that's too much scandal flying around esspecially corporate scandal, sometimes they will lie a little bit to boost investor confident and yeah, deep crap they will be if they find out. But I think you have a very good valid point. Since This is a public announcement, If they lied, crap will catch up to them so fast they won't even know what happen.It will be stupid to lie. Yeah I think I will trust the figures.

so refreshing to talk to someone who can reason through something, thank you, thank you so much, ha, i lost faith in people on here not being able to read everything i write and see what im saying :)
__Maximus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 __Maximus__
[QUOTE="__Maximus__"]

eclipsed4utoo

it can take up to 6 weeks to ship by sea.

Doh! Oh well, at least we now know for sure that we are getting the amount Sony promised for launch. This means all preorders should be fulfilled. 

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 eclipsed4utoo
Is this really good news? 4M shipped 1.5M sold? That means 2.5M are sitting there pissing off retailers. , even if it counts the 1M for Europe that means for half the PS3s in the world are sitting in regions where they are available, unsold.chembro84
and until better games come out, they will continue to sit there. But March is going to be a big month.
chembro84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chembro84
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
[QUOTE="chembro84"]Is this really good news? 4M shipped 1.5M sold? That means 2.5M are sitting there pissing off retailers. , even if it counts the 1M for Europe that means for half the PS3s in the world are sitting in regions where they are available, unsold.eclipsed4utoo
and until better games come out, they will continue to sit there. But March is going to be a big month.

no doubt that they will sell, I'm just pointing out, for a system that just launched, have 2.5M unsold and 1.5M sold, isn't good news to put on a forum with all sorts of !!!! and cheering.
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
Is this really good news? 4M shipped 1.5M sold? That means 2.5M are sitting there pissing off retailers. , even if it counts the 1M for Europe that means for half the PS3s in the world are sitting in regions where they are available, unsold.chembro84
whered you get 1.5m sold? let me guess, nexgenwars? give me a break... ngw is full of BS. they update their site every 1 minute, or even after seconds. do you honestly think they get new data every minute of the day? keep refreshing the page if you don't believe me. they've sold over 1m alone in the US/Can as of the end of January (not including Feb sales) according to NDP. that does not include Japan and Mexico (Mexico probably didn't sell that many however). the sold numbers are probably closer to 1.8-2m sold. and i'm guessing the 4m includes the 1m+ being shipped to Europe.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"][QUOTE="chembro84"]Is this really good news? 4M shipped 1.5M sold? That means 2.5M are sitting there pissing off retailers. , even if it counts the 1M for Europe that means for half the PS3s in the world are sitting in regions where they are available, unsold.chembro84

no doubt that they will sell, I'm just pointing out, for a system that just launched, have 2.5M unsold and 1.5M sold, isn't good news to put on a forum with all sorts of !!!! and cheering.

to Sony, shipping is, "they have left our company". Sony is no longer sending the PS3s by air like they were for launch. We have no idea when the retailers will actually receive these said units. it can takes weeks, sometimes months, to ship by sea. basically, nobody really knows how many are sitting on shelves and how many are still in transit. also, nobody knows how many PS3's have been sold worldwide. you also seem to be counting the 1M PAL PS3s as being "unsold". they are not available....so why count them as basically "sitting on shelves"? They will be gone on day one.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gzus666
[QUOTE="chembro84"][QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"][QUOTE="chembro84"]Is this really good news? 4M shipped 1.5M sold? That means 2.5M are sitting there pissing off retailers. , even if it counts the 1M for Europe that means for half the PS3s in the world are sitting in regions where they are available, unsold.eclipsed4utoo

to Sony, shipping is, "they have left our company". Sony is no longer sending the PS3s by air like they were for launch. We have no idea when the retailers will actually receive these said units. it can takes weeks, sometimes months, to ship by sea. basically, nobody really knows how many are sitting on shelves and how many are still in transit. also, nobody knows how many PS3's have been sold worldwide. you also seem to be counting the 1M PAL PS3s as being "unsold". they are not available....so why count them as basically "sitting on shelves"? They will be gone on day one.

cause that makes it seem like they are dumb, which seems like the goal of a lot of people, not sure why. once they ship the units, sony sold em, so they got the money, that means sold.
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

That's such a misleading and mostly useless number.  I mean, it's great that Sony has sold 4 million units to retailers worldwide, but when half of those units or more are still not in the hands of consumers, it doesn't mean very much.  Sony probably wouldn't lie outright about how many they shipped, but that doesn't mean they didn't up thier shipping numbers to retailers and those retailers don't have a crapload of units stockpiled that nobody wants. 

Sony is losing thier place as the number 1 console in the world, MS has a strong foothold this gen, and the Wii is murdering the PS3 in sales, yeah the price difference, but nobody still expected that to happen, Nintendo has already sold to consumers nearly 5 million units, not just crammed them in a boat and patted themselves on the back. 

Sony is hanging in there with the PS3, I'm not questioning the things ability or it's worth, but these are facts people, if you can't see there is trouble at Sony, then your blind.  Upping the shipped numbers to retailers is a double edged sword, it looks good and can be a sign of sales, but it can also be an easy way to show corporate that they are moving units even though they are not.  It can be a way to make waves that they are doing well now, but the reality may be that they are sacrificing the future to do that, since it may take months for them to actually move all those units to consumers, and take forever to ship out a sizable amount more units. 

I hope it's a possitive thing, and I know some areas can't get a PS3 at all, but where I live, I can go to 30 different stores in my area, and walk out with a PS3, they can't hardly give them away.  2 Best Buys, 3 Ebs, and 2 CCs in my area, all but one of the EBs has double digit inventory of the PS3, meaning more than 10 just sitting around, and that other EB has 8.  The Wii is not even close to in stock, and the 360 has less inventory at most of those stores, so atleast where I am, the PS3 is not moving.  So that bothers me. 

rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rahzel54
and considering they've only shipped 2m by mid january, i doubt they've shipped 2m more to N/A and Japan within a month, especially considering they had to manufacture the PAL models as well.
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
YAY!!!
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 eclipsed4utoo

That's such a misleading and mostly useless number. I mean, it's great that Sony has sold 4 million units to retailers worldwide, but when half of those units or more are still not in the hands of consumers, it doesn't mean very much. Sony probably wouldn't lie outright about how many they shipped, but that doesn't mean they didn't up thier shipping numbers to retailers and those retailers don't have a crapload of units stockpiled that nobody wants.

Sony is losing thier place as the number 1 console in the world, MS has a strong foothold this gen, and the Wii is murdering the PS3 in sales, yeah the price difference, but nobody still expected that to happen, Nintendo has already sold to consumers nearly 5 million units, not just crammed them in a boat and patted themselves on the back.

Sony is hanging in there with the PS3, I'm not questioning the things ability or it's worth, but these are facts people, if you can't see there is trouble at Sony, then your blind. Upping the shipped numbers to retailers is a double edged sword, it looks good and can be a sign of sales, but it can also be an easy way to show corporate that they are moving units even though they are not. It can be a way to make waves that they are doing well now, but the reality may be that they are sacrificing the future to do that, since it may take months for them to actually move all those units to consumers, and take forever to ship out a sizable amount more units.

I hope it's a possitive thing, and I know some areas can't get a PS3 at all, but where I live, I can go to 30 different stores in my area, and walk out with a PS3, they can't hardly give them away. 2 Best Buys, 3 Ebs, and 2 CCs in my area, all but one of the EBs has double digit inventory of the PS3, meaning more than 10 just sitting around, and that other EB has 8. The Wii is not even close to in stock, and the 360 has less inventory at most of those stores, so atleast where I am, the PS3 is not moving. So that bothers me.

Schumi7WDC
I will agree that it is a pretty useless number. But it does show that Sony is committed to not having shortages. It also goes to show that all of those "analyst" who believed that Sony would only ship around 4 million units by the end of March were wrong.
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rahzel54

That's such a misleading and mostly useless number. I mean, it's great that Sony has sold 4 million units to retailers worldwide, but when half of those units or more are still not in the hands of consumers, it doesn't mean very much. Sony probably wouldn't lie outright about how many they shipped, but that doesn't mean they didn't up thier shipping numbers to retailers and those retailers don't have a crapload of units stockpiled that nobody wants.

Sony is hanging in there with the PS3, I'm not questioning the things ability or it's worth, but these are facts people, if you can't see there is trouble at Sony, then your blind. Upping the shipped numbers to retailers is a double edged sword, it looks good and can be a sign of sales, but it can also be an easy way to show corporate that they are moving units even though they are not. It can be a way to make waves that they are doing well now, but the reality may be that they are sacrificing the future to do that, since it may take months for them to actually move all those units to consumers, and take forever to ship out a sizable amount more units.

I hope it's a possitive thing, and I know some areas can't get a PS3 at all, but where I live, I can go to 30 different stores in my area, and walk out with a PS3, they can't hardly give them away. 2 Best Buys, 3 Ebs, and 2 CCs in my area, all but one of the EBs has double digit inventory of the PS3, meaning more than 10 just sitting around, and that other EB has 8. The Wii is not even close to in stock, and the 360 has less inventory at most of those stores, so atleast where I am, the PS3 is not moving. So that bothers me.

Schumi7WDC
once again, only 3m are in Japan and N/A, 1m are being shipped to Europe. they've sold close to 2m units between those 2 markets. the ps3 has yet to see its big names get released, like Lair, Motorstorm, Tekken, DMC4, MGS4, FFXIII and vs, Heavenly Sword, half of those pretty much guaranteed to be system sellers. more games = more sales. its good sony is supplying a s*** load of ps3's (far more than the 360 did in its first few months i might add).
__Maximus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 __Maximus__
[QUOTE="Schumi7WDC"]

rahzel54

once again, only 3m are in Japan and N/A, 1m are being shipped to Europe. they've sold close to 2m units between those 2 markets. the ps3 has yet to see its big names get released, like Lair, Motorstorm, Tekken, DMC4, MGS4, FFXIII and vs, Heavenly Sword, half of those pretty much guaranteed to be system sellers. more games = more sales. its good sony is supplying a s*** load of ps3's (far more than the 360 did in its first few months i might add).

Don't forget GTA4! That'll definitly sell consoles!

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gzus666

That's such a misleading and mostly useless number.  I mean, it's great that Sony has sold 4 million units to retailers worldwide, but when half of those units or more are still not in the hands of consumers, it doesn't mean very much.  Sony probably wouldn't lie outright about how many they shipped, but that doesn't mean they didn't up thier shipping numbers to retailers and those retailers don't have a crapload of units stockpiled that nobody wants. 

Sony is hanging in there with the PS3, I'm not questioning the things ability or it's worth, but these are facts people, if you can't see there is trouble at Sony, then your blind.  Upping the shipped numbers to retailers is a double edged sword, it looks good and can be a sign of sales, but it can also be an easy way to show corporate that they are moving units even though they are not.  It can be a way to make waves that they are doing well now, but the reality may be that they are sacrificing the future to do that, since it may take months for them to actually move all those units to consumers, and take forever to ship out a sizable amount more units. 

I hope it's a possitive thing, and I know some areas can't get a PS3 at all, but where I live, I can go to 30 different stores in my area, and walk out with a PS3, they can't hardly give them away.  2 Best Buys, 3 Ebs, and 2 CCs in my area, all but one of the EBs has double digit inventory of the PS3, meaning more than 10 just sitting around, and that other EB has 8.  The Wii is not even close to in stock, and the 360 has less inventory at most of those stores, so atleast where I am, the PS3 is not moving.  So that bothers me. 

Schumi7WDC
the PS2 sold over 210million units, good luck anyone else, no one is going to touch that for a while. sony is fighting their own console more than anyone else at this point. the PS2 has been selling more than any new system out, hard to say the PS3 isnt selling well, cause its doing better than the PS2 did when it came out. competing with your own best selling system ever is hard to do when they are still producing great games for it (ex. God of War 2). i went to my local gamestop, there were 5 PS3's and 6 wii's, but they were empty boxes, most of the time they do that just to show they have them in stock, but they did have them both in stock, just pointing out most display units are empty so you dont grap and run. also, you dont know when they got their shipments, they might have just run a large shipment through in your area, and thats why they are there right now. there are lots of places that still dont have them unless you catch them on a shipment day. no one has hard numbers on how many have been actually sold except sony and the individual retailers. i doubt your privilaged to this info, so hard to say. its hardly a failure like people say, just media blown out of proportion, and remember, no publicity is bad publicity, keeps people thinking about you:)
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Uzburacuz9
[QUOTE="Uzburacuz9"][QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"][QUOTE="gayguy"]shipped to where? US? eclipsed4utoo

Sony stated last week that they have already shipped out the 1 million unit allotment for the PAL launch. Why wouldn't they include those numbers in their shipped figures?

hey im not complaining. that should mean there will be more ps3's available for launch.
Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
whatever shipped means nothing. 
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gzus666
whatever shipped means nothing. Truth01
odd since shipped means Sony sold it to the retailer, but whatever you like to fool yourself into thinking
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

well to me, selling at least 1.8-2 million units to comsumers is quite an accomplisment considering it has only one or two games worth playing

i'll gaurantee you the media will never say that

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gzus666

well to me, selling at least 1.8-2 million units to comsumers is quite an accomplisment considering it has only one or two games worth playing

Absynthetic
actually its quite impressive when you think about it, think about when they get the really good stuff. i guess the media has to eat their words just like on the PS2, i seem to remember them saying that was a overpriced box with no games that would never make it, and when you think about it, they only sold more than any other console in history, only like 210million, jeez, slackers :P
Avatar image for VanillaCremePop
VanillaCremePop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VanillaCremePop
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts
Yes I'm sure there are 2 million PS3's sitting on shelves Even if that is true 1 million of those will be sold on launch day in Europe, and none of the most popular games have even come out yet. Sure Wii will sell now, but look at the future, which console is best suited for the upcoming years. I want to play the most technologically advanced games not some other games I could play on Gamecube. I mean if it was all about being low cost why would new consoles come out? Sony has ps2 for the gamers on a lower budget and that still sells like hotcakes, and then if they want to upgrade the ps3 is there and offers the most advanced console gaming, not the ps2 redesigned and with a different controller. And why is it such a bad thing there are PS3's in stores? I mean everyone was complaining when there weren't any and now they are complaining when there are lots of them. Just wait until more games start coming out, and Sony will even further their lead in the gaming market.
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
that great now the only problem is waiting for people to find the money to buy it, after all everybody wants one.
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts
[QUOTE="Absynthetic"]

Gzus666

actually its quite impressive when you think about it, think about when they get the really good stuff. i guess the media has to eat their words just like on the PS2, i seem to remember them saying that was a overpriced box with no games that would never make it, and when you think about it, they only sold more than any other console in history, only like 210million, jeez, slackers :P

if the ps3 can sell 1.8 - 2 mil under just one game thats barely worth getting imagine how many will be sold once the blockbuster titles come out.

its almost funny. if you take every negative aritcle made about the ps2 and swap out the word ps2 with ps3 you get the same article

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Absynthetic"]

Absynthetic

if the ps3 can sell 1.8 - 2 mil under just one game thats barely worth getting imagine how many will be sold once the blockbuster titles come out.

its almost funny. if you take every negative aritcle made about the ps2 and swap out the word ps2 with ps3 you get the same article

haha, i know, and vice versa, i saw one where the same media site said those things about the PS2, and now they basically said it word for word for the PS3, they never learn i guess. but, attention is attention when it comes to the media. Sony probably loves it to be honest, cause people are constantly talking about it, PS3 is on everyone's tongue, even people who didnt know it existed.
Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
[QUOTE="Truth01"]whatever shipped means nothing. Gzus666
odd since shipped means Sony sold it to the retailer, but whatever you like to fool yourself into thinking

:roll:Thanks for the help, I obviously couldn't figure out what the word shipped meant. I would in no way be referring to the fact that shipment numbers are completely useless to anyone, except to maybe Sony.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Truth01"]whatever shipped means nothing. Truth01

:roll:Thanks for the help, I obviously couldn't figure out what the word shipped meant. I would in no way be referring to the fact that shipment numbers are completely useless to anyone, except to maybe Sony.

ok, so what numbers were you looking for? if you dont want em, dont look at em, it shows that sony kept up with the demand so far, and it shows that if they shipped 4mil, they obviously have enough demand to sell those relatively quickly. not sure i see your complaint, if you dont want to know them, then move on. shipped may mean nothing to you, but it means they are prepared and getting units out there. what crawled up your ass, jeez
Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts

Not only does shipped mean sold to retailers but the retailers are also selling.  Ok let me dumb it down for people basic economics for those who actually payed attension in High school...

A customer wants a ps3 so they go to the retailer,  (with me so far?) The retailer gets them from the company, i.e. sony.    ok in order for sony to ship to the retailers they have to be bought.  And in order for the retailers to buy from Sony they have to have a demand for them from the consumers, i.e. us!     Basically what Im saying is that companies will not order from Sony unless they are selling to some degree, becaus  buying something in bulk and wishing that someone will buy them is not a very good business plan.    I hope this clears up most things and that I say at least 2.5 million are in consumer hands. 

and if you still dont get it than damn I dont know!!!