2016, The Year of Crash Bandicoot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

As you might know, 2016 marks the 20th anniversary of our furry little orange friend. If you ask me, that year would be a perfect opportunity for them to release new Crash game. The game in question? A remake of the PS1 Crash trilogy for starters with new additions like adjustable difficulty settings and a challenge mode. What about you? Do you wish that they release something Crash related next year?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Well Activision hold all the rights to it, and they like milking the crap out of everything...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Crash is a pretty awful game by today's standards.

In 2016 the first game would be a pretty mediocre mini game, not something you would release on it's own.

That's the problem with some games, they do not age well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

Well, obviously they would add some modern touches but otherwise it would be nearly the same experience as it was back in 1996.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Crash is a pretty awful game by today's standards.

In 2016 the first game would be a pretty mediocre mini game, not something you would release on it's own.

That's the problem with some games, they do not age well.

Yeah... as great as the games were on PS1 (and a very important part of my early gaming life), not sure how the series would hold up nowadays.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#6 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Tomb Raider is also 20 to so hopefully we get Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Vaffeldamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Vaffeldamen
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

I think it could be great if they re-envisioned the first game (or even the first three). But what I would really want is another Crash Team Racing game!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Next year is the 20th anniversary of quite a few gems including Resident Evil and Tomb Raider. It's not just Crash's year.

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

I honestly don't see why Crash needs to come back. Sony would have to pay a large sum of money to get him back from Activision and then what? Those types of games aren't being made anymore for better or worse. Charging $60 for a new Crash Bandicoot would be a hard sell. Or does Sony sell a game for like $20-$30 after spending money to purchase the rights on top of development costs? Either way, I don't think it's a good business idea. Sony has the rights to character platformers that are more modern and easier to market including Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper. I have fond memories of playing Crash, even more so for Spyro. But I think nostalgia gets in the way of how good those games were and whether or not they would work today.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

@LauriAJ said:

As you might know, 2016 marks the 20th anniversary of our furry little orange friend. If you ask me, that year would be a perfect opportunity for them to release new Crash game. The game in question? A remake of the PS1 Crash trilogy for starters with new additions like adjustable difficulty settings and a challenge mode. What about you? Do you wish that they release something Crash related next year?

HD version would be actually pretty cool....

EDIT: Except for Crash I wish there was a New Wipeout... shame the studio has closed...

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

@LauriAJ: Hopefully our furry friend makes a comeback. I predict the game selling like sliced bread if it comes out. There are so many middle aged and young adults that enjoyed the ps1 crash games. This just might be the game or remake that will shoot the ps4 sales thru the roof. Plus, all them middle aged or young adults will buy the game for their kids. I really hope crash makes a comeback.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

@Vaffeldamen said:

I think it could be great if they re-envisioned the first game (or even the first three). But what I would really want is another Crash Team Racing game!

Right on. If SONY could somehow regain the rights and hype up another Crash game, they should also release CTR along with it. Maybe United Front Games, the devs who made Modnation Racers and Little Big Planet Karting, could make the sequel to CTR. I would love to see what they could do with it, since MR and LBPK were good games.