With PS4 you don't even need Turtle Beach.

#1 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

I just plug in my iPhone headphones into the PS4 controller....hold down the ps button and pair them. I can hear better on the iPhone headphones than with turtle beach, I can hear footsteps in FPS games soooo clearly and gunshots from whichever direction they come from. Very basic but cool feature that the ps4 has.

#2 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

LOL iphone headphones. get a pair of sennheisers.

#3 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

@stationplay_4 said:

iphone 5 headphones do the job, and their in ear so i won't look like a douche with a football helmet sized earmuffs on my head.

#4 Edited by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

iphone 5 headphones do the job, and their in ear so i won't look like a douche with a football helmet sized earmuffs on my head.

you are really missing out on quality then. you can get a pair of sennheiser earbuds for like 10 to 30 bucks that will shit on most headphones

#5 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

@stationplay_4 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

you are really missing out on quality then. you can get a pair of sennheiser earbuds for like 10 to 30 bucks that will shit on most headphones

whatever these came with my phone, the quality is awesome on them. i tried beats before and don't see what all the fuss is about.

#6 Posted by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

whatever these came with my phone, the quality is awesome on them. i tried beats before and don't see what all the fuss is about.

always name drop beats when talking with audiophiles

#7 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

i'm not talking about beats. beats suck and are a scam marketed at teenage kids who don't know anything. SENNHEISER, German engineering yo.

#8 Posted by GTR12 (9652 posts) -

@stationplay_4:

AT's are better.

#10 Edited by BattleSpectre (6219 posts) -

That's the beauty with the PS4, plug in any headphones into the controller and you're good to go.

#11 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Great design choice by the hardware team.

#12 Posted by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

fighting aside from what ever head phones you where or what ever (I have a $200 set up and it blows every type of headphone you all mention to pieces.lol)

sony did a good job by allowing you to use pretty much any headphone with a headphone jack.

#13 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

stock iPhone earbuds are terrible,just like beats

#14 Posted by crewe8 (690 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames: I have got turtle beach headset ( px5 ) had it for the ps3 and brought a £10 cable for them so they would work on the ps4. . The sound is excellent and so is the mic, so u carry on with your iPhone headphones, while I'll talk and listen to my team mates !

#15 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@BattleSpectre:

But your still stuck with crappy Bluetooth audio not to mention the DS4 does not properly drive a lot of the better headphones out there. Your best bet is the Astro Mixamp with one of the following headphones or headsets. The AKG'a would require additional amping as well.

Sennheiser HD598

Sennheiser HD558 (after you perform a simple mod)

Sony MDR MA900

AKG Q701

AKG K612 Pro

AKG K712 Pro

AKG K702 65th anniversary edition

Philips Fidelio X1

Denon D7000

Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset

Audio Technica ADG1 headset

If on a budget

Samson SR850

Superlux HD668b

#16 Posted by BattleSpectre (6219 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@BattleSpectre:

But your still stuck with crappy Bluetooth audio not to mention the DS4 does not properly drive a lot of the better headphones out there. Your best bet is the Astro Mixamp with one of the following headphones or headsets. The AKG'a would require additional amping as well.

Sennheiser HD598

Sennheiser HD558 (after you perform a simple mod)

Sony MDR MA900

AKG Q701

AKG K612 Pro

AKG K712 Pro

AKG K702 65th anniversary edition

Philips Fidelio X1

Denon D7000

Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset

Audio Technica ADG1 headset

If on a budget

Samson SR850

Superlux HD668b

I think you're directing this message to the wrong person, lol.

#17 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@BattleSpectre:

Wasn't really directed at you. Just started out quoting you because you talked about plugging into the DualShock.

Now the other thread regarding Sonys shitty gaming headsets? That is directed at you.

#18 Edited by danjammer69 (4120 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@stationplay_4 said:

always name drop beats when talking with audiophiles

Exactly what I was thinking....and I am nowhere near an audiophile.

#19 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

@crewe8 said:

@ps4hasnogames: I have got turtle beach headset ( px5 ) had it for the ps3 and brought a £10 cable for them so they would work on the ps4. . The sound is excellent and so is the mic, so u carry on with your iPhone headphones, while I'll talk and listen to my team mates !

i can talk and listen to my teammates on the iPhone headphones too, and i hear footsteps and gunshots from every direction they come from. but good for you man.

#20 Edited by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

The DS4 controller is a big improvement over the DS3 for many reasons. The only thing that isn't a big improvement was battery life with each charge.

#21 Posted by juboner (462 posts) -

Not worth mentioning imo, the hardware and battery in the ds4 is low-cheap quality for audio. I read that Apple redesigned their ear buds and now they say the quality is better, whatever maybe slightly.

#22 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@clr84651:

You could buy a DS3 battery for around $11 on the web. It's not hard to install into the DS4.

#23 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@clr84651:

You could buy a DS3 battery for around $11 on the web. It's not hard to install into the DS4.

The DS3 is 5v 500ma. The DS4 is 5v 800 ma. Different current demands. I wonder how it works in a DS4 & why Sony wouldn't have put a longer lasting bettery in the DS4? I watched a vid on how to do it. Have you done it?