gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Can a Vita access the Internet through a wired connection? I know it does not have an ethernet jack, but can I sign in on the PS Vita if I have a usb cable connecting to a PS3 or PS4? I apologize in advance for the stupid question

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

No. Is your internet completely wired with no way of being able to use a router or something?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

@SoNin360: Yes that is correct.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

If you had a computer available with a wireless receiver and it was wired in, you should be able to connect the Vita to the wireless connection on the computer and use the computer to connect it to the internet.

Here's a quick tutorial I found. http://tnerd.com/2007/07/25/how-to-convert-laptop-wireless-wifi-hotspot/

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

What @guynamedbilly said should work. But imo, it's time to get a new router. Having WiFi at home will open a lot of new possibilities to you.

DJMMT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DJMMT
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@gamenerd15 said:

Can a Vita access the Internet through a wired connection? I know it does not have an ethernet jack, but can I sign in on the PS Vita if I have a usb cable connecting to a PS3 or PS4? I apologize in advance for the stupid question

Actually yes you can. When this was first posted I'm not sure but I just got a vita this week and I don't have access to wired internet because I live at a University with strict protocols. You can connect the Vita to the PS3 through USB and it does allow internet access to the Vita. I use it to DL games and such. I can send messages to PSN friends and do everything else. You can technically also do it with a PC. I tried it once and it did work, but it was much slower and the connection wasn't as strong. It logged me out of the store a couple times. But that may be my PC or the connection.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

That is a really nice capability. Even though there isn't a ton of game support, the PSVita is a really nice little gaming machine. I agree with one of the above posts. If you have the ability please get a wifi network. It makes things so much easier. All of my gaming consoles are wired through the router, but I use the wifi for my pc, tablets, phone, etc. I don't think my wife would stick around if it wasn't for wifi :)

Alkomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Alkomb
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

@Lhomity said:

What @guynamedbilly said should work. But imo, it's time to get a new router. Having WiFi at home will open a lot of new possibilities to you.

You're a guy in real life.