why does my ps3 lag so much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spearslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spearslim
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
whenever i play mw2, my PS3 lags like hell. even when nobody in my house is using a computer or the internet, it still lags. EVERY game when i play MW2, i always have 1 bar of internet. im always teleporting around, through walls, even when im not touching the controller. i checked the connection in settings on the PS3, and it was fine. can anyone tell me why im having major lag? is it my router? or my PS3? should i contact Sony about this?
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
You using wireless or do you have an ethernet cable running to your PS3? If you're using wireless, the PS3's adapater is notoriously bad, plus wireless isn't the most ideal thing to use for online gaming in the first place. If you can, run a cable from your router to your PS3.
Peabody99224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Peabody99224
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
It could be a lot of different factors. Check your wireless settings on router sometimes the firewall can be a bit tricky with the PS3's wireless adapter. Otherwise, I'd recommend what everyone else is suggesting wire your PS3 to your router.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't have any problems with my wireless. At times i even allow my brother to play Black Ops online whilst im on the internet and it still doesn't lag.

I'd say it's your internet connection. Maybe it's due for an update?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Either he has a 2 dollar router"OR" it's flamebait guys!!! I have 2 pc's a macbook pro, PS3 and a 360(before it bit the dust) all running flawlessly on a wireless network.

yannick256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yannick256
Member since 2010 • 292 Posts

You using wireless or do you have an ethernet cable running to your PS3? If you're using wireless, the PS3's adapater is notoriously bad, plus wireless isn't the most ideal thing to use for online gaming in the first place. If you can, run a cable from your router to your PS3.DJ_Lae

you could buy a cable internet for 15$ buck.a cable 20' long