Why can't PSN maintenance be during the overnight hours?!

#1 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

This 6 hour or longer(expecting it to be longer) maintenance today during is very ignoring.

Why can't Sony do these maintenance downtimes during the late night/early morning/overnight hours when there are way less people trying to use the Playstation Network for many reasons. It would way less of a hassle for most people to not do this type of thing during the day.

I just got a PSN card off of eBay that I want to make sure it works so I can get a season pass for a game and buy and download a digital only game, but oh well I guess not.

The hours of the maintenance is....

Starts:

9:50AM PT/12:50PM ET

Ends:

3:30PM PT/6:30PM ET

#2 Edited by Namgis (3592 posts) -

Maybe Sony wants their staff to work on it during regular hours. I'm fine with those down hours as I am at work myself for a good portion of them.

Say they did perform their maintenance during the late night, like you suggest, who's nights are we talking about? NA, Europe, Asia etc..? Going to annoy people regardless.

#3 Posted by Threesixtyci (4300 posts) -

Japan only cares about Japan... that's why.

#4 Edited by GTR12 (10054 posts) -

@ghstbstr:

Cos no-one gives a flying $%#@ about the US, for some of us, it is night-time, your not the centre of the world, learn that fact.

I hope Sony, MS and Nintendo and every other company do maintenance at precisely this time so people like TC will learn.

#5 Posted by Lhomity (465 posts) -

It's always night time somewhere.

#6 Posted by BattleSpectre (6853 posts) -

It was for us in Australia, like 2am to 8am. Sucks to be an American *pokes tongue out*.

#7 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8580 posts) -

I didn't notice any down time. They should do rolling down time depending on region though.

#8 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12210 posts) -

SONY isn't out to solely please you. They'll do it when it's most convenient for them. I'm sure their staff would rather work during the day, provided the staff that are working are based in the US. If not, then the "America is not the only place on Earth" argument would seem to apply.

#9 Posted by bezza2011 (2716 posts) -

I was a bit annoyed with the psn maintenance yesterday but o well I got on and did something else,

#10 Edited by mooooo99 (1250 posts) -

unfortunately night time for you doesnt mean night time for everyone..

#11 Edited by freedom01 (894 posts) -

its called "different time zone"