Why all of the hate towards Silent Hill Downpour?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

Aside from some technical issues and repetitive enemy encounters, i thought it was the best attempt since Team Silent left.... So underrated and underappreciated.

It felt great to actually roam the town as well as the side missions were a nice touch... Atmosphere was also very well done. The town felt eerie, yet mysterious.

I thought the locales were fresh compared to Origins, Homecoming, and Shattered Memories.

The music was surprisingly also well done as well since Akira was replaced.

Story was fresh, since it focused from a Silent Hill 2 perspective to make Silent Hill a psychological hell instead of a generic cult...

Why all the hate?!

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Too many technical problems. It really started to get in the way. Trust me, Im a silent hill guy, but Downpour just didn't get there. I loved how they tried to incorporate side quests, but the save-system didn't play well with the open world structure. I thought Homecoming was great. Both games, however, did a bad job with the multiple endings.

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

bump

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4  Edited By pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

It had too many bugs and felt rushed out. I liked it but the controls felt like they were taking a page from Team Silent and the monsters were pretty lame. I liked the side quest which were pretty good.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

@pillarrocks: exactly this. Side quests were awesome, especially the gramophone one, only one that made me jump.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

actually liked this game, it was one of the better Silent Hill sequels imo, i especially loved the fact you had the option to kill the pig at the end, now if only there had been an entire sandbox to explore as that big hammer wielding monster..