What's Wrong with Madden?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Phantasm
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Every year I hear mediocre reviews and lots of negative comments on the newest versions of Madden....this has actually kept me from playing the game at all in about 4 years. However, I just had to try the next-gen football simulator out and am blown away. I know the game doesn't change much and mostly that's the bad stuff I hear, but if it ain't broke don't fix it! It looks amazing and one of my quibs with the game has gotten better, the bland announcers....there is more intuitive talk through the whole game. Online games are fun too and you can even co-op. Graphics are obviously different since I've played but I had to keep reminding myself it was a video game. Updating players and playing with players I'm watching on Sunday's is so cool and being the Panthers is more than awesome. Realistic AI makes it feel and play very intense and realistic, and it seems like there are more offensive and defensive options than ever before. This is by far the best football game I've ever played but folks always have to complain about other games and not judge this one on it's own by itself.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@phantasm:

Play FIFA 09 and then FIFA 15, now try Madden 09 and Madden 15, the quality is very different and the improvements for FIFA are big, while Madden is meh.

WeazelMan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 1

#2 WeazelMan311
Member since 2004 • 9620 Posts

They have no competition, that's what's wrong with it. The pressure isn't there to do anything significant with the game.

It's not terrible; they've kept the the good improvements in over the years and removed most of the things that didn't work. It just has a long way to go in my opinion. Also, the announcers are terrible from my experience. They've called the wrong down and distance and said things that don't pertain to the current situation several times.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

it's the same game made over and over again