What's so bad about these HD collections?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psx2514
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

Silent Hill HD Collection

Devil May Cry HD Collection

Ratchet and Clank Collection

I've heard medicore to awful things about these collections. To be clear, I'm not referring to whether or not individual games are good games or not themselves, but rather the technical aspects of the games in HD collection. Are people comparing these HD collections to other HD collections, and say they aren't very good because they're not as good as the latter HD collections, or are they judging how good the HD upgrade is from the original PS2 versions. For example, do people say the Devil May Cry collection sucks because it's not on par with HD collections such as God of War collection or Team Ico collection, or do they say it sucks because it pales in comparison to the PS2 originals?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The Ratchet and Clank collection I never heard had any problems, but the Silent Hill collection I did.

Speaking from experience with the R&C Collection, I say it was great...as good as the Jak Collection in every way.

SH had bugs, but it was patched.

DMC I had no problems with, but I'll let someone else field that.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By psx2514

@SolidTy: I heard that the R&C collection was full of bugs and glitches.

Would you say that these collections aren't worth the HD upgrade if you already own the originals, and the PS2 versions are superior?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidTy

@psx2514 said:

@SolidTy: I heard that the R&C collection was full of bugs and glitches.

I got three platinums and I had no problems whatsoever. I also let my nieces borrow the R&C collection and and she got three platinums at her house. She LOVED the games and they were new to her and her sister. My lady also went through the games and had no problems. That's my experience, but I can't comment on others of course.

In my experience any of the Sony collections are very good (God of War, Ratchet, Jak, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus).

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By psx2514

@SolidTy: Have you played the PS2 originals? Can you compare them to the HD collection? Is it worth the upgrade? I bought MGS collection, GOW collection, and Team Ico collection because I felt they were vastly superior to the PS3 originals on a technical level, but I'm not sure about R&C collection and DMC collection. For Silent Hill collection, the HD version looks WORSE than the PS2 version.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy

@psx2514 said:

@SolidTy: Have you played the PS2 originals? Can you compare them to the HD collection? Is it worth the upgrade? I bought MGS collection, GOW collection, and Team Ico collection because I felt they were vastly superior to the PS3 originals on a technical level, but I'm not sure about R&C collection and DMC collection. For Silent Hill collection, the HD version looks WORSE than the PS2 version.

Yes, I played and bought the PS2 originals when they were brand new for $39.99. I reserved them even. The HD upgrade seemed nice as the Jak collection.

If you liked the quality of the Jak collection then it's comparable. I know you said in the other thread you had the Jak collection.

I do agree with GOW and ICO collections were technically great, imo better than the Ratchet and Jak collection. I would also point to the Sly Cooper Collection as another fine collection.

I owned all of these games on PS2 and beat them repeatedly on PS2 far before the PS3 existed.

Also, I enjoyed the ZOE collection, good as well both technically as well as the God of War ORIGINS collection. Very nice upgrade for the two previously only PSP GOW games.

Christiaan1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Christiaan1996
Member since 2014 • 98 Posts

Well...HD Collections IMO are great...but I'm struggling to find the Jak & Daxter Trilogy in new sealed condition...Ratchet and Clank I've never played them before so to me I think I'm actually going to get a load of these HD collections for PS3

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

The Jak Collection issues were for the Vita version which is blurry as heck and has a quite frankly terrible framerate.