What Indie Games are you Playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

We all know the Vita is a great place to play indie games, and because of that, what indie games are you all into right now?

I'm currently playing the demo of Spelunky and will be getting the full game shortly.  The challenge is definitely there but it's just so addicting, which seems to be a trend with most indie games (prob because a lot of them have the feel of classic games, meaning they're usually simple to play but hard to be good at). 

Since there are so many indie games on the Vita it should be interesting to see what's being played.

puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

I just finished up Guacamelee on it and am now playing Spelunky co-op with the PS3 and its really works well. As far as I'm concerned Vita is the best place to play Indie games right now.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
None on my Vita, since in comparison to PC they're absurdly overpriced and come with DRM. Humble Bundles and GOG for me, thanks.
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

Spelunky right now

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Right now? None

Otherwise I have Machinarium (really fun game) and Retro City Rampage on the Vita.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#6 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

On the Vita? Nothing. No real reason to pay more for games that have usually been out longer on the PC. Some of the games might have some improvements but if I've already beaten them I'm not going to pay full price (or more than I paid in the first place most likely) again that fast.

I really like that the Vita is supporting indie games but I have no reason to get those games on it.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I only buy indie games on Vita if I liked it so much to the point I am willing to buy another copy to support the devs. So far, I only bought Hotline Miami on Vita (and played sh*tload of it too), and will be getting Dustforce when it comes out on PSN.
puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

On the Vita? Nothing. No real reason to pay more for games that have usually been out longer on the PC. Some of the games might have some improvements but if I've already beaten them I'm not going to pay full price (or more than I paid in the first place most likely) again that fast.

I really like that the Vita is supporting indie games but I have no reason to get those games on it.

Legolas_Katarn

I guess I get where your coming from. PC gaming has alwyas been the place for Indies to go first and some of those games are ridiculously cheap on steam but I just really like Sony's messenging toward Indie games for next gen and I want to support them plus for better or worse earn some trophies while doing so.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#9 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Spelunky and when I have some time I'll give Rymdkapsel another go.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
limbo and spelunky