What Happened to Mercenaries 2: World in flames exclusivity?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
Just got my new copy of game informer, and it has a preview for Mercs 2....for the Xbox 360! Maybe this has already been discussed today but Im wondering just when it went multiplatform?

It was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive....but I gues like most other PS3 games its going Multiplatform. Dont really have a huge problem with that, but I would like to see some games stay exclusive to the PS3 platform.

Again sorry if old but I just got the mag today, and its new news to me. This makes me now wonder if MGS4 and DMC, are'nt coming to the 360 as well.....Sony cant seem to keep very many of there exclusives....exclusive. Heres to hoping the PS3 version will be the best, and not just some port, like other games have been.

Would post screen shots but thats not allowed to post Magazine pics etc.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts
It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TE_Lawrence
Member since 2005 • 6934 Posts
Unconfirmed guessing from the journalist but knowing EA he shouldn't be far from the truth. Concerning losing Mercs 2 as an exclusive, the franchise wasn't exclusive in the first time around and the devs only seems to have been calling it an exclusive in the hope of Sony paying for it, like a big sales tag saying "please come and support us financially" (just a theory I got).
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RabbidDawg
It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.Xanog1

Then why does game informer have a preview of it for the Xbox 360? Im looking right at it, it says Xbox 360..PS3 isnt even mentioned. If this is true I think it stinks. The PS3 needs some great exclusives. If it isnt true why would they have a preview of it for the 360?
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TE_Lawrence
[QUOTE="Xanog1"]It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.RabbidDawg

Then why does game informer have a preview of it for the Xbox 360? Im looking right at it, it says Xbox 360..PS3 isnt even mentioned. If this is true I think it stinks. The PS3 needs some great exclusives. If it isnt true why would they have a preview of it for the 360?

Do you consider Mercs 2 as a great exclusive? :?
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

[QUOTE="Xanog1"]It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.RabbidDawg

Game Informer does a lot of guessing in regards to things like that.

Just like how they had a preview for "Frontlines: Fuel of War" with PS3, when the game wasn't coming to PS3.

RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RabbidDawg
[QUOTE="RabbidDawg"][QUOTE="Xanog1"]It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.TE_Lawrence

Well yea. I like that game (the first one) and Im not getting MGS4, DMC, or FF13, so what other great exclusives do I have to look forward to? Motorstorm for sure, but Assasins Creed, Unreral Tournament, and some others are going multiplatform console wise, and while Im not to terribly upset by Mercs 2 going multiplatform (maybe) Im starting to wonder why I bought a PS3?

I have a 360 and alot of these games are going to the 360, which bums me out a bit. Just my opinion, maybe you dont like those kinds of games, but I do, and I would like to see it remain exclusive.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
Mercs is one my favorite franchises ever... i want it nOW
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RabbidDawg
Mercs is one my favorite franchises ever... i want it nOWKaptainKernal

Exactly, and I just dont want to have to pick the best of the 2 versions if it is multiplatform, which Im hoping the PS3 will have better physics and lighting and stuff....The graphics are trivial because they should both look the same, but I just dont want a crappy port because the devs decide to make it for the 360 and then port it to the PS3.....we all know how ports turn out..not very good.
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
What 3rd part exclusives does Sony even have anymore? It seems like most are 1st party or extremely loyal 3rd party *** developers... I still can't help but think whats-his-name totally F'ed up PS3's desirability when he passed up exclusive deals for GTA4 and the like. Plus any time you pass on exclusive deals you limit what said game can do on the PS3... developers will spend time working on a game that is functional on both systems... That means they won't take advantage of Bluray, the Cell, or any other leg up the PS3 has on 360. Just ridiculous.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Mercenaries was on the xbox , so why would you really be upset if it goes to the 360  ?

TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TE_Lawrence
[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="RabbidDawg"][QUOTE="Xanog1"]It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.RabbidDawg

Well yea. I like that game (the first one) and Im not getting MGS4, DMC, or FF13, so what other great exclusives do I have to look forward to? Motorstorm for sure, but Assasins Creed, Unreral Tournament, and some others are going multiplatform console wise, and while Im not to terribly upset by Mercs 2 going multiplatform (maybe) Im starting to wonder why I bought a PS3?

I have a 360 and alot of these games are going to the 360, which bums me out a bit. Just my opinion, maybe you dont like those kinds of games, but I do, and I would like to see it remain exclusive.

But that's personal preference, looking at the first title it didn't manage to gather that big a crowd and did have noticable issues (not bugs but design issues). Not saying Mercs is bad but it's more likely to be a "what should I play between the big releases" than a "I need to buy this console so I can play it" game. I do understand you liking Mercs and there's also tons of small (in terms of sales) games which I love but them being exclusive or not makes little importance in the long run or compared to big titles. We just aren't that important compared to Hot Shots Golf's audience (:? indeed).
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.Xanog1
Its not a ps3 exclusive, Sony may want you to think that. This will follow the same route as Assassins Creed, C'mon man its being published by EA! Come to think of it, the lase dev diary they had all the programmers were smiling with 360 controllers in there hand, I think everyone of those shots had A. either a 360 in the picture, or B. a programmer smiling with a 360 controller in his hand.
biosc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 biosc1
Member since 2003 • 1144 Posts
Could be "timed exclusive"? After 6 months, it'll come to 360. I really think, though, that the day of the "exclusives" is done. Too much money to be lost out on, if a company ignores part of the market. For me, I'd rather just have them come out for all consoles and then just choose the best version of the game among them all.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TE_Lawrence
What 3rd part exclusives does Sony even have anymore? It seems like most are 1st party or extremely loyal 3rd party *** developers... I still can't help but think whats-his-name totally F'ed up PS3's desirability when he passed up exclusive deals for GTA4 and the like. Plus any time you pass on exclusive deals you limit what said game can do on the PS3... developers will spend time working on a game that is functional on both systems... That means they won't take advantage of Bluray, the Cell, or any other leg up the PS3 has on 360. Just ridiculous.sportwarrior
What are you talking about? The so called 3'rd party exclusives which PS3 supposedly is losing are from franchises which always have been multi plats or moved multi plat last gen. Ok so they were announced for PS3 first but that's not the same as losing an exclusive. Also the console defining Playstation franchises (what people expect to get when buying the console) are still exclusive. Ok GTA got a simultanious launch on both consoles, but should Sony really have thrown money out of the window so we could brag in SW about a time exclusive for a few months? I mean the reply would like last gen just be "we might get the version later but it will also be better", yeah it's our Oblivion response.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cubs360
[QUOTE="sportwarrior"]What 3rd part exclusives does Sony even have anymore? It seems like most are 1st party or extremely loyal 3rd party *** developers... I still can't help but think whats-his-name totally F'ed up PS3's desirability when he passed up exclusive deals for GTA4 and the like. Plus any time you pass on exclusive deals you limit what said game can do on the PS3... developers will spend time working on a game that is functional on both systems... That means they won't take advantage of Bluray, the Cell, or any other leg up the PS3 has on 360. Just ridiculous.TE_Lawrence
What are you talking about? The so called 3'rd party exclusives which PS3 supposedly is losing are from franchises which always have been multi plats or moved multi plat last gen. Ok so they were announced for PS3 first but that's not the same as losing an exclusive. Also the console defining Playstation franchises (what people expect to get when buying the console) are still exclusive. Ok GTA got a simultanious launch on both consoles, but should Sony really have thrown money out of the window so we could brag in SW about a time exclusive for a few months? I mean the reply would like last gen just be "we might get the version later but it will also be better", yeah it's our Oblivion response.

GTA's win console wars, as proved by last gen. That game had a major impact on the outcome!
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
Ya...Kutiragi....I spell his name wrong on purpose caue I am not a fan of im and therefore do not want to waste enery looking it up. Trenton is good though and....that one guy....lawl

anyway i think they were making the PS3 versian first anyway...Capcom is the only dev i have full confidence in porting games. RE4 on PS2 was still a masterpeice despite being a port
zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
this exclusives is much like bio shock. Game Informer and OPM UK, all speculating.
ninjacat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 ninjacat11
Member since 2004 • 5008 Posts
RabbidDawg, remember when they said Condemned was coming to the PS3? This may be one of those instances.
MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 MGSFan27285
Member since 2004 • 850 Posts
my friend showed me that too. but no matter where i look it says "ps3 exclusive" and in an article, either here or on ign, it was talking about how the game devlopers were wanting to to take tv shows and have them play on the tvs in-game cause they have an extra 23 gbs...the 360 discs dont even hold 23gb. so yes its still exclusive, sony CAN hold some titles to themselves lol
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

[QUOTE="RabbidDawg"][QUOTE="Xanog1"]It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.Xanog1

Just like how they had a preview for "Frontlines: Fuel of War" with PS3, when the game wasn't coming to PS3.

They did not preview frontline for PS3 They did it for 360/PC. I'm looking at the article in my book right now.
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="RabbidDawg"][QUOTE="Xanog1"]It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.RabbidDawg

If your wondering why u bought the PS3 then there was no reason for you to get it in the first place.

PSN: Meeks

dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

[QUOTE="RabbidDawg"][QUOTE="Xanog1"]It is PS3 exclusive, this was confirmed as recent as last month when the publisher was announced.Xanog1

Exactly. Take predictions from GI with a grain of salt.
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="sportwarrior"]What 3rd part exclusives does Sony even have anymore? It seems like most are 1st party or extremely loyal 3rd party *** developers... I still can't help but think whats-his-name totally F'ed up PS3's desirability when he passed up exclusive deals for GTA4 and the like. Plus any time you pass on exclusive deals you limit what said game can do on the PS3... developers will spend time working on a game that is functional on both systems... That means they won't take advantage of Bluray, the Cell, or any other leg up the PS3 has on 360. Just ridiculous.Cubs360

GTA's win console wars, as proved by last gen. That game had a major impact on the outcome!

Naww that's not true. GTA didn't win ANY war last gen...the PS2 dominated the xbox and GC because of it's REAL exclusives, and GTA was NOT a complete exclusive to Sony, and it still isn't. What will win the console wars are exclusives alone, but that's about it. No Blu-ray function, no great online service, no other extra features, just exclusives. And, last time I check, the PS3 had more upcoming exclusives then its competitors.

Mercs franchise will prolly be multiplat, no doubt about it. Why would anyone think that Mercs 2 is PS3 exclusive...? It's EA. If the PS3 DOES get it as an exclusive, then that;s prolly a bonus. :)

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cubs360

[QUOTE="Cubs360"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="sportwarrior"]What 3rd part exclusives does Sony even have anymore? It seems like most are 1st party or extremely loyal 3rd party *** developers... I still can't help but think whats-his-name totally F'ed up PS3's desirability when he passed up exclusive deals for GTA4 and the like. Plus any time you pass on exclusive deals you limit what said game can do on the PS3... developers will spend time working on a game that is functional on both systems... That means they won't take advantage of Bluray, the Cell, or any other leg up the PS3 has on 360. Just ridiculous.glitch2424

Naww that's not true. GTA didn't win ANY war last gen...the PS2 dominated the xbox and GC because of it's REAL exclusives, and GTA was NOT a complete exclusive to Sony, and it still isn't. What will win the console wars are exclusives alone, but that's about it. No Blu-ray function, no great online service, no other extra features, just exclusives. And, last time I check, the PS3 had more upcoming exclusives then its competitors.

Mercs franchise will prolly be multiplat, no doubt about it. Why would anyone think that Mercs 2 is PS3 exclusive...? It's EA. If the PS3 DOES get it as an exclusive, then that;s prolly a bonus. :)

Well I'll guarantee you that 25 Million bought a ps2 because of the GTA series! Atleast thats what I think, I have two friends that had ps2's and the only games that had were Madden and GTA, thats it!
wiebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wiebs
Member since 2003 • 1221 Posts
game informer also says that crysis will be for pc, 360 and ps3. but its only confirmed now to be a pc exclusive.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
Print Magazines have a 3 to 6 month lead time, as such information that is up to the minute can be left out in key situations. I suspect Game informer will print a retraction in the next issue as this one was probably halfway through a 10 thousand book print run before the word came down about the exclusivity.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
[QUOTE="glitch2424"]

[QUOTE="Cubs360"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="sportwarrior"]What 3rd part exclusives does Sony even have anymore? It seems like most are 1st party or extremely loyal 3rd party *** developers... I still can't help but think whats-his-name totally F'ed up PS3's desirability when he passed up exclusive deals for GTA4 and the like. Plus any time you pass on exclusive deals you limit what said game can do on the PS3... developers will spend time working on a game that is functional on both systems... That means they won't take advantage of Bluray, the Cell, or any other leg up the PS3 has on 360. Just ridiculous.Cubs360

Well I'll guarantee you that 25 Million bought a ps2 because of the GTA series! Atleast thats what I think, I have two friends that had ps2's and the only games that had were Madden and GTA, thats it!

nice that your assumption is based on your 2 friends playing only 2 games on the ps2.