what do you think of the ps4 v2.02 update?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haimesy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 haimesy1
Member since 2014 • 92 Posts

I feel like it's not changed much really

in v2 they added youtube, themes and the store loads better. but everything else feels that same.

your opinions guys??

something to discuss

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I didn't think anything about it. What I would like though is to visit the store without having super sized giant tiles of some featured game or movie I don't want shoved in my face with each section I go through.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I didn't even notice the differences.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

2.02 is just bug fixes, it doesn't add anything.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

my ps4 was freezing every time I tried to boot from sleep mode (or whatever it's called now)

Is this the update the was supposed to fix it?

I'm pretty sure I had 2.01 when it was doing that. Now,I'm afraid to put it on sleep mode, and possibly lose all my data, or worse.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts
@dhmatt90 said:

my ps4 was freezing every time I tried to boot from sleep mode (or whatever it's called now)

Is this the update the was supposed to fix it?

I'm pretty sure I had 2.01 when it was doing that. Now,I'm afraid to put it on sleep mode, and possibly lose all my data, or worse.

2.01 was the update that was meant to fix the rest mode issues - but from what I hear some people are still experiencing the problem. 2.02 doesn't have any patch notes but Sony commented saying it improves stability on the console. It's worth seeing if this update has finally fixed your issue.

I'm just glad I have never used the rest mode feature on my PS4 since getting it at launch, so therefore have had no problems with my console.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@BattleSpectre: Yea, I think I'll avoid rest mode for now.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts

Speaking of which. Does anyone here play Killzone Shadow Fall here? Reason being, I just picked up my PS4 a few days ago, and I got PS+. It's my understanding that the games will usually update themselves or give you an alert when it's time for an update similar to what PS3 did. I keep getting an error message and saying there is a patch problem every time I try to play it online. Sorry if I'm I'm on the wrong topic, but I thought it may pertain to the new update creating this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

haimesy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 haimesy1

im hoping in the next update they bring in a piece of software that we can play some ps3 games on ps4 that would be great :)

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Was this the update that was supposed to fix the bugs from 2.0? If so, it didn't work on my PS4. I just got mine back from Sony today and was expecting everything to be ok...nope. The UI is still lags a lot and my internet speeds are still in the kilobyte range. Should not take over minutes and counting to download a damn youtube app. Yet my WiiU and laptop works just fine with the wireless. My final idea is buying one of those powerline adapter kits to see if that gets my ps4 acting right. If not, I will just trade this in a buy an xbox one. Have been extremely irritated with Sony since this update.

haimesy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 haimesy1

@Kingpin0114: they seem to mess up most of the time on there updates they should double check everything before they release the updates