What do you think about these 4 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

I'm stuck on which of these should I buy.

Motorstorm Apocalype
Killzone 3
3D Dot Game Heroes
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

I'm thinking of M:A only because I played the first one back when PS3 was released and it was (and is) the best racing game I've ever played. I'm not a fan of FPS games, except the occasional BF3 or Black Ops 2 match, but Killzone 3 looks slick, the guns are awesome and graphics are beast. After days of being harshly and ruthlessy battered by Dark Souls, I wanted a somewhat more casual game and I saw this game. The gameplay looks nice and the retro-style is quite welcoming. I played Dragon's Dogma, and I must say it's like a perfect mix of Dark Souls' difficulty and Skyrim's open world and was by slightly better than both of them. Dark Arisen seems to have that difficulty and the new huge expansion area also sounds nice. Plus, I get infinite Ferrystones (think instant fast-travel)!

I'm already getting Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3 and KOA: Reckoning. The other 4 games were going cheap but I was a little confused about some of the mixed reviews as most of them are in the 7-8 score category, so I thought about asking before I bought them. And I recently found myself with a thick wad of cash (probably won't last for long) so I decided to buy a bunch of final games before I move onto the PS4, so money isn't a limiting factor and I can buy all of them.

And could anyone suggest any other nice story-driven game? I feel very high after playing through the awesome and poignant Crisis Core.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I have 3D Dot Game Heroes.  It's an okay game, but it's basically a rip of the old Legend of Zelda games, and not necessarily as good.

Still pretty fun though.  There are even some references to Demon's Souls in the game.

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

i own all those games my fav is killzone3&dragons dogma dark arisen. if you only want sinhgle player dd-dark arisen would be my choice.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordTrexGuy

i own all those games my fav is killzone3&dragons dogma dark arisen. if you only want sinhgle player dd-dark arisen would be my choice.

atc-fanatic

As I said, I'm ready to buy all of them, if I can get what you guys think about all of the games.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
Ni No Kuni is long. Kind of a kiddie story, or a family style story. Maybe check that out, but I know KoA will also keep you busy. Fallout 3 is good. Killzone 3 was okay, but don't get if you don't like fps that much. Motorstorm is still fun. If you liked the first you will like that one. 3D dot is okay. Been done before. Now bout that wad of cash you got. You need me to take some for? Is it blood money or tainted?
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I'm stuck on which of these should I buy.

Motorstorm Apocalype
Killzone 3
3D Dot Game Heroes
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

I'm thinking of M:A only because I played the first one back when PS3 was released and it was (and is) the best racing game I've ever played. I'm not a fan of FPS games, except the occasional BF3 or Black Ops 2 match, but Killzone 3 looks slick, the guns are awesome and graphics are beast. After days of being harshly and ruthlessy battered by Dark Souls, I wanted a somewhat more casual game and I saw this game. The gameplay looks nice and the retro-style is quite welcoming. I played Dragon's Dogma, and I must say it's like a perfect mix of Dark Souls' difficulty and Skyrim's open world and was by slightly better than both of them. Dark Arisen seems to have that difficulty and the new huge expansion area also sounds nice. Plus, I get infinite Ferrystones (think instant fast-travel)!

I'm already getting Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3 and KOA: Reckoning. The other 4 games were going cheap but I was a little confused about some of the mixed reviews as most of them are in the 7-8 score category, so I thought about asking before I bought them. And I recently found myself with a thick wad of cash (probably won't last for long) so I decided to buy a bunch of final games before I move onto the PS4, so money isn't a limiting factor and I can buy all of them.

And could anyone suggest any other nice story-driven game? I feel very high after playing through the awesome and poignant Crisis Core.

LordTrexGuy

Ok, KZ3 is a great game. That may be a bit of a biased statement because I am a Killzone fan and have been since ps2 days. Just buy the trilogy.

3D Dot Heroes I havent played, but if u want a good old school Zelda style game buy Alundra from psn. Its puzzles are brutally hard, the story is dark and its a pretty long game. About 40 ish hour game.

DD is a good game and just like u said, the inbetween game for a open world hard game. 

I know your not a fan of fps, but i would reccomend you to get Singularity. Its like $9 used and very overlooked. It really surprised me and is one of my favorite game this gen.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

I give my approval to all four of them.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen is the only one of those that I would peek my interest.
LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LordTrexGuy

Ni No Kuni is long. Kind of a kiddie story, or a family style story. Maybe check that out, but I know KoA will also keep you busy. Fallout 3 is good. Killzone 3 was okay, but don't get if you don't like fps that much. Motorstorm is still fun. If you liked the first you will like that one. 3D dot is okay. Been done before. Now bout that wad of cash you got. You need me to take some for? Is it blood money or tainted?ez_moneymaker

Borrowed Ni No Kuni from my friend and played through the whole game. I think it was a slap on Final Fantasy's face of making JRPGs teens with huge eyes, spiky hair and huge swords. The protagonist of this game was a normal kid, who IMO turns a hero without actually aiming for it. Already got FO3 and clocked in more than a 100 hours not counting the time invested in all the DLC. The best game from Bethesda (yeah, better than Skyrim). I'll get Killzone 3 because it seems the gameplay mechanics are much better than those in CoD, probably even Battlefield. I'm only stuck about 3D Dot Game Heroes. Oh, and the money is tainted. Drove over a lone businessman, and took his wallet.:twisted:

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="ez_moneymaker"]Ni No Kuni is long. Kind of a kiddie story, or a family style story. Maybe check that out, but I know KoA will also keep you busy. Fallout 3 is good. Killzone 3 was okay, but don't get if you don't like fps that much. Motorstorm is still fun. If you liked the first you will like that one. 3D dot is okay. Been done before. Now bout that wad of cash you got. You need me to take some for? Is it blood money or tainted?LordTrexGuy

Borrowed Ni No Kuni from my friend and played through the whole game. I think it was a slap on Final Fantasy's face of making JRPGs teens with huge eyes, spiky hair and huge swords. The protagonist of this game was a normal kid, who IMO turns a hero without actually aiming for it. Already got FO3 and clocked in more than a 100 hours not counting the time invested in all the DLC. The best game from Bethesda (yeah, better than Skyrim). I'll get Killzone 3 because it seems the gameplay mechanics are much better than those in CoD, probably even Battlefield. I'm only stuck about 3D Dot Game Heroes. Oh, and the money is tainted. Drove over a lone businessman, and took his wallet.:twisted:

Save yourself money and just Buy Alundra.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordTrexGuy

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"]

[QUOTE="ez_moneymaker"]Ni No Kuni is long. Kind of a kiddie story, or a family style story. Maybe check that out, but I know KoA will also keep you busy. Fallout 3 is good. Killzone 3 was okay, but don't get if you don't like fps that much. Motorstorm is still fun. If you liked the first you will like that one. 3D dot is okay. Been done before. Now bout that wad of cash you got. You need me to take some for? Is it blood money or tainted?ristactionjakso

Save yourself money and just Buy Alundra.

Not interested in going so far back.