Watchdogs coming 21/03/2014?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

I know this is an old article but just came across a potential release date put up by shopto.net. Link below has the full article

http://www.examiner.com/article/watch-dogs-ps4-and-xbox-one-release-date-potentially-hinted-by-retailer

mythicgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 mythicgamer
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I hope it is coming out then. Seeing as how i pre-ordered it a while ago. My question though: Why does Ubisoft basiclly refuse to outright say if they have any idea of the release date?

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

don't believe anything you hear about the game until it comes from the developer or publisher of that game. the devs of watch dog said 2014 so its 2014. no specific date until they say so.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

This is not confirmed by Ubisoft.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I recall seeing that date floating around, which is interesting because that's the same day Infamous: Second Son releases. I doubt that will be the official date, though. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I mean surely a game which gets delayed about 2days before release, and they have no idea when it's coming out is absolutely crazy something is seriously wrong here, i mean 2days or a week or whatever it was (i know it was real short) the game must of been pretty much finished surely unless they knew it was going to be delayed way longer before, but kept the hype going, i put it down to the xbox one being harder to develop for, and there struggling to reach high marks for a game with such high demand.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Rumors have heavily centered around March, and it would line up with the Q1 release date.

Also Xbox Magazine supposedly leaked a March release as well. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Watch-Dogs-Release-Date-Scheduled-March-61723.html

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i really want to get Driveclub and Watch Dogs, but it's frustrating to see them being delayed and not getting a new date

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I really don't care when watchdog come out. I want follow it until the day I see many reviews and it better be a score of 90% or more

thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By thirdson1812
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

I doubt it will come out in march. When the game got delayed, ubisoft said something that it will come out in the middle of the year probably, april or may or june.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bezza2011

Hmmm i don't see it coming out in march when we have a load of games coming out that month,

but i think it could be delayed till about april, i mean the rumour was that it was going to be a japan/china launch title, and it got delayed again for that,

seriously i am worried about this game now, i mean it was so close to release to then delay it, surely they knew it wasn't ready, something is wrong, and i'm pretty wary of it now, but i've already had it pre ordered from launch so i'll get it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

its rumours

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@bezza2011: I am wary of it too and honestly turn off by it. This is how ubisoft does business? I am glad at least they aren't generating news about this damn game. I think just like initially that this game was ready and they wanted to milk us with AC black flag. I have black flag but have no desire to buy any expansion packs so they can milk me for another $30 after all the skins and the freedom mini game etc.

If it wasn't for the ship battles black flag would get very repetitive since the combat isn't engaging.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bezza2011

@ewalthour: I agree I've not enjoyed any of the ACs before 4 and the only reason i enjoyed 4 was because of the setting and themes and the ship battles and even that can't hide the fact how repetitive the combat is, i mean i knew exactly which enemy did what, they were all the same and it was always the same way to defeat them all, and how easy was it to kill all the bosses, it so rubbish, AC4 will be my last AC unless they actually add some good combat elements and actually give me a stealth game which an assassin is ment to be able to do, and lose the whole assassin robes not every era had the same look, it's pretty much the same character build through except with a face change.

i mean whats happened with watched dogs we were swamped with video's, previews, this and that, chats with the developers all this since E3 and what a week before it came out, it got delayed and we've heard nothing since, lol i honestly think it's either they can't get it to work properly on ps3/360 or xbox one is giving them a hard time with frame rate and what not, i just don't know i wish they would just be honest about it and tell us.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bezza2011

@geminontraveler said:

@bezza2011 said:

@ewalthour: I agree I've not enjoyed any of the ACs before 4 and the only reason i enjoyed 4 was because of the setting and themes and the ship battles and even that can't hide the fact how repetitive the combat is, i mean i knew exactly which enemy did what, they were all the same and it was always the same way to defeat them all, and how easy was it to kill all the bosses, it so rubbish, AC4 will be my last AC unless they actually add some good combat elements and actually give me a stealth game which an assassin is ment to be able to do, and lose the whole assassin robes not every era had the same look, it's pretty much the same character build through except with a face change.

i mean whats happened with watched dogs we were swamped with video's, previews, this and that, chats with the developers all this since E3 and what a week before it came out, it got delayed and we've heard nothing since, lol i honestly think it's either they can't get it to work properly on ps3/360 or xbox one is giving them a hard time with frame rate and what not, i just don't know i wish they would just be honest about it and tell us.

it was delayed to prevent a sales war with AC4.... it would not have benefited ubisoft to have 2 open world games on the market at the exact same time. by delaying the game 4-5 months, they have basically guaranteed that the same people that bought and loved AC4 will buy watchdogs...

and based on everything that i have seen, it looks to be the better game. with the extra dev time hopefully it will be even better now.

I do hope so this was the game which actually made me think about buying the next gen consoles. it's very funny how they have stopped completely and don't talk about it one bit, all we got every week was a new preview video lol

special-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#19  Edited By special-ops
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts

Watch Dogs will come out this year

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points