Vita storage space??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

I want to have pleanty of storage space on the Vita, Sony should at least give us 32GB of space if not more for games and media if they want me to use the vita as my main media device, otherwise I will be very upset! :twisted:

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
Seriously i don't think they will put that much space and maybe they already got rid of it and will launch it without internal space. They won't be selling it at a loss and give the costumer everything they want for less. This is a business.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I want to have pleanty of storage space on the Vita, Sony should at least give us 32GB of space if not more for games and media if they want me to use the vita as my main media device, otherwise I will be very upset! :twisted:

OmegaAK47

Then you will just have to be very upset because 32Gbs isn't happening. You will be lucky if they decide to include 16Gbs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I'm doubtful they're going to include internal space at all. It will probably come with a 4-8gb storage card at best.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

[QUOTE="Crossel777"]

I'm doubtful they're going to include internal space at all. It will probably come with a 4-8gb storage card at best.[/QUOTE

]There is no internal storage all data will be stored on the Vita cards or memory sticks....the real question is how big will the first sticks be?

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

I want to have pleanty of storage space on the Vita,

OmegaAK47
Then I hope 0 is enough for you. I thought that has already been confirmed.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AmazonTreeBoa

To all you that are saying there will be no internal storage. Do you have a link to your source? Because last I knew it was still undecided.

lordlunch2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 lordlunch2
Member since 2006 • 544 Posts

Theres no internal storage announced so far, and it uses a new proprietary Sony memory card format like the pro duos were when PSP released. So far they've been shown with 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. My bet is that 32GB is going to be one hella expensive card though....Heres an article on my site with a pic of 'em.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="OmegaAK47"]

I want to have pleanty of storage space on the Vita,

nethernova

Then I hope 0 is enough for you. I thought that has already been confirmed.

It has been confirmed since Jan 27th there was no internal storage. Only removeable flash cards.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Coolyfett

Theres no internal storage announced so far, and it uses a new proprietary Sony memory card format like the pro duos were when PSP released. So far they've been shown with 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. My bet is that 32GB is going to be one hella expensive card though....Heres an article on my site with a pic of 'em.

lordlunch2

Thank you very very much for the link. This is very valuable information. Coolyfett will have to sell his 32GB sticks and switch over. They look to be the size of SD cards and look like they may work in SD card slots but the PSVita will not take SD Cards. The lil notch is interesting.

lordlunch2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 lordlunch2
Member since 2006 • 544 Posts
Yes, that little notch is Sony's way of making it Vita only. Hopefully it won't be super expensive like the pro duos were
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

There is no internal storage but you can put a card in the Vita which allows internal storage check it:

"It will also be able to download games to internal storage. The PS Vita will have an internal storage slot, so players can decide how much memory they want on their devices."

Source

I guess that's pretty good, hopefully it's a standard card and not proprietary.

Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts

They should have just stuck with MS Pro Duo or Micro SDHC cards instead of forcing us to buy new memory cards grrr.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmazonTreeBoa

I bet they do the samething with the Vita memory cards that they did with the PSP memory card. They have an adaptor that you can put two Micro SD cards in that fit in the PSP. I will probably be going that route myself. Here is what I am talking about, it is two 16 gig Micro SD cards and the adaptor to make it one 32 gig card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-2-X-16GB-Micro-SD-32GB-MS-PRO-DUO-MEMORY-STICK-CARD-/360374940765?pt=Digital_Camera_Memory_Cards&hash=item53e805345d Once the Vita releases, you best believe they will have an adaptor for it as well.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Coolyfett

Yes, that little notch is Sony's way of making it Vita only. Hopefully it won't be super expensive like the pro duos were lordlunch2
They look just like the the smaller SD cards. Coolyfett will have to buy the 32gb card. Should be about 80 bucks.