To those that played the GoW2 demo...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bkslayer
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
What are your thoughts on it? I have it, played it, got disappointed so much i took it out. Im a huge GoW fan but playing this game made it feel like it was a mockery. Of course, its just a demo, but this isnt from E3 now is it? Am I the only one who feels this way?
mskrft007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mskrft007
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
Greatest 20-30 mins of my life.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
What are your thoughts on it? I have it, played it, got disappointed so much i took it out. Im a huge GoW fan but playing this game made it feel like it was a mockery. Of course, its just a demo, but this isnt from E3 now is it? Am I the only one who feels this way?bkslayer
How did it make it feel like it was a mockery? Please explain.
bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bkslayer
[QUOTE="bkslayer"]What are your thoughts on it? I have it, played it, got disappointed so much i took it out. Im a huge GoW fan but playing this game made it feel like it was a mockery. Of course, its just a demo, but this isnt from E3 now is it? Am I the only one who feels this way?MusashiSensi

I dont know for sure, but i can give one example. In the demo you are limited to one magic, Poseidon's Rage. When you activate it and use it...instead of hearing the lightning sound effects from the original you hear him saying cheesy lines like "You cannot defy me". It may not seem like a big deal, and i know poseidon's rage is only available after you complete the whole game and want to do another run, but if this is implemented in the final version what else are they going to change. I know its just a demo, but why remove something from the original to add a poorly made voice line to a magic thats well known. Thats just one thing though, so dont be like "oh so u hate the entire demo because of a sound effect". I just want a response to the demo, not comments about the final game.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="bkslayer"]What are your thoughts on it? I have it, played it, got disappointed so much i took it out. Im a huge GoW fan but playing this game made it feel like it was a mockery. Of course, its just a demo, but this isnt from E3 now is it? Am I the only one who feels this way?bkslayer

I dont know for sure, but i can give one example. In the demo you are limited to one magic, Poseidon's Rage. When you activate it and use it...instead of hearing the lightning sound effects from the original you hear him saying cheesy lines like "You cannot defy me". It may not seem like a big deal, and i know poseidon's rage is only available after you complete the whole game and want to do another run, but if this is implemented in the final version what else are they going to change. I know its just a demo, but why remove something from the original to add a poorly made voice line to a magic thats well known. Thats just one thing though, so dont be like "oh so u hate the entire demo because of a sound effect". I just want a response to the demo, not comments about the final game.

Where do they start you in the demo?
widowmaker71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 widowmaker71
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
I still have to beat Aries in GoW1 but it felt like the first game to me. I liked what I played and I have had it reserved for a few months now. The demo will not change my purchase but I hope its not a rehash.
bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bkslayer
You fall from Olympus onto some city. I dont think they tell you the name or maybe i missed it. But you land right in the middle of a fight with soldiers while the Colossus is staring you down through windows.
msmith11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 msmith11
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts
For ps2 right? its not coming out for ps3 is it? theres no demo for ps3 right?
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MusashiSensi
Cool.
bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bkslayer
Yeah the demo is made for the PS2, and i've been playing it on my PS3. Don't go around thinking its available on the PS store, although it should be. You have to preorder the game to get the demo at EB Games or Gamespot....
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MusashiSensi
Yeah the demo is made for the PS2, and i've been playing it on my PS3. Don't go around thinking its available on the PS store, although it should be. You have to preorder the game to get the demo at EB Games or Gamespot....bkslayer
I know. I heard about the pre-order awhile ago. PS: No it should not be on the PS3 as a downloadable demo. I mean it's not a PS3 games, so they wouldn't do that.