Time For Sony To Ante Up Come Dec 6

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for frankiebotzkidd
frankiebotzkidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 frankiebotzkidd
Member since 2014 • 68 Posts

i love my ps4 ( except for the ds4 that consistently has problems ) but besides the order , bloodborne and uncharted 4 all the exclusives are out already . i think in dec when they hold that playstation event , its a smart time for them to show a couple more of their cards to get people excited . i own both new gen consoles and i love both but I'm definently more excited right now game wise about xbones upcoming games and i think with that with this holidays 50 buck price cut microsoft is definently starting to gain some real steam. id love to see maybe one or two reveals from sonys enormous stable of 1st party devs so i can get nice and hyped for my ps4 again . also hoping god of war 4 is being made somewhere in this world because it gives me chills when i think about how good that game can look considering how they pushed the ps3. gow 3 imo gives some ps4/xbone games a run for their money .probably almost 15 million sold by now so i think its time to reward their fans with some new exclusives. what do you guys think they'll show (if anything ) at this event ?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Someone forgot LBP3

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Your right, Sony does need to step it up a bit, but the reason you are more excited for what MS is doing is that they have a better marketing strategy, and that's all it is....marketing.

I will be getting a Xb1 as well but I'm not getting caught up in any hype!

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

Sony is killing it, Microsoft had been playing catch up from day one. So M$ has been doing all that can pulling out all stops. Sony can just focus on what they want to do with a plan at their own pace. I own both system and buy multi platform games on ps4. I will say I've gotten more enjoyment from games on my xbox 1. They've had the better exclusives.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

What exactly do MS have tho???? all there exclusives are out except for Halo and that's it for them this year, Sony has LBP3 still to come yet, and then The Order is Feb,

MS hasn't got anything confirmed for release after Halo, we know whats coming but nothing is concrete, it's a very sad thing your excited for 1 game :S

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MarcRecon

@bezza2011 said:

What exactly do MS have tho???? all there exclusives are out except for Halo and that's it for them this year, Sony has LBP3 still to come yet, and then The Order is Feb,

MS hasn't got anything confirmed for release after Halo, we know whats coming but nothing is concrete, it's a very sad thing your excited for 1 game :S

Agreed, MS is doing a great job getting the fanbase excited with their announcements, but nothing has been set in stone.

Excitement won't drive me to buying the XB1, it will be the actual games that come out.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

@MarcRecon: right now if you shop right you can get a xb1 for $250 to $350 with a free game. That alone is a nice incentive to pick one up.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Sony certainly isn't delivering like they promised. PS4 is a pretty ho-hum console at this point, however I know that this situation will improve over time. It's pretty insane but I am actually considering picking up an xbone, which I didn't expect to happen for a long while.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MarcRecon

@gagit811 said:

@MarcRecon: right now if you shop right you can get a xb1 for $250 to $350 with a free game. That alone is a nice incentive to pick one up.

The price isn't the issue for me, I'd gladly pay full price if they had one of my favorite exclusives or a system selling tittle available! I was really tempted with Rise, but that wasn't enough to make me pull the trigger.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MarcRecon

@doozie78 said:

Sony certainly isn't delivering like they promised. PS4 is a pretty ho-hum console at this point, however I know that this situation will improve over time. It's pretty insane but I am actually considering picking up an xbone, which I didn't expect to happen for a long while.

I kinda fell you on that, but I'm not giving into temptation, because if I do, I'd have 2 next-gen systems sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

frankiebotzkidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frankiebotzkidd

@MarcRecon: this year only sunset and halo but im only really talking about announced games i guess rather than specifically by year . so far ms has announced a new gears , new crack down, halo 5 , quantum break , tomb raider, scale bound . sony has bloodborne(best one imo) , the order ( which looks cool but has had pretty crappy reports about it ) , lbp3( not my kinda game ) , and uncharted which will inevitably be amazing but thats really it . i just want sony to let us know maby theres a new god of war in the works , that alleged concept art from guerrillas new ip with robo dinosaurs looks freegin awesome lol ( i think dinosaurs are sadly underused in a cool way ) and the rest of sonys enormous stable of devs . i just think its time for them to show a couple more cards to get people excited thats all . i understand lbp3 is a game a lot of people like but i personally cant get into it so to me they really only have 3 announced exclusives coming . they all look cool i just wish there were a few more that i knew about it so i can be hyped. all those ms games I'm super interested in so id have to say I'm more hyped for their lineup . they definently are playing catch up in one way but u gotta remember ps4 is a freak in the sense it sold 10 + mill already .its pretty insane. but xbone is no slacker by any means . i mean it is outpacing the og xbox and 360 by a large margin in sales so its not doing bad by any means . i don't care because i own both but i guess if your into the whole console war thing , ms cutting the price for the holidays is a HUGE deal to consumers when they're weighing out which one they want . oh yeah and drive club doesn't work lol so i really don't count it.

frankiebotzkidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frankiebotzkidd

with all that being said I'm 100% positive sony is aware of the behemoth they have created with the ps4 and would be stupid not to support it . so i guarantee we see something big at that playstation event . i guess I'm just kind of wondering what it will be . ill freak if they show a trailer for gow4 :) lol. if yu think about it killzone and uncharted are the only established ip that have come out or been announced so far so i wouldn't be surprised if we hear about god of war . it got me excited when ms announced a new gears even though its years off which I'm sure god of war would be a ways off also . i just want to become more excited for the future of this thing !

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

Sony is doing great but I gotta hand it to MS and the exclusives this year. Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive. I hope that this encourages PS4 to invest in getting games but since I own both consoles, I don't care really who gets the exclusives, I just want the two to be real competitive with each other.

frankiebotzkidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 frankiebotzkidd

@BronxBomber: my feeling exactly

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@BronxBomber:

i just bought an xbox one for the exclusives last week (well, driveclub helped a lot, i have reached level 22 there, but it's nothing new and the selling point was clubs, which does not work, hence forza ftw :)), however ps4 is my weapon of choice for multiplat games... :)

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

a French journalist (Game one) said that a big fighting game license that was multiplatform will become PS4 exclusive

I bought the PS4 as PS never disappointed me (didn't buy an exclusive this year, possibly Infamous but having to change your power by seeking different power sources seems the contrary of fun to me), and MS's policy of money hatting exclusives, most of the time being "timed exclusive" but announced as "full exclusive" and often rushing games that become a mess (Last remnant, Infinite undiscovery) or totally lose their soul (FFXIII) makes me want to go back in time and prevent them from existing.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@frankiebotzkidd: For those wanting more news on exclusives, I mean honestly this is what i find strange about Microsoft, why show all your cards right now, when there not coming out anytime soon??? Sony are good at holding off information, it's better, it builds hype, if we new everything Sony was bringing out then, we'd have nothing to be hyped about, a staggered reveal is so much better, the games you listed for Sony is great and enough to warrant why i have my PS4, and the rest are bonuses, plus half of Sony's first party dev's haven't revealed what they are walking on and we'll soon know at this even and then E3 won't be that long off.

@TheTenth10: Yes that is the big let down for me with Infamous, having to swap powers this way, we should of been allowed to have all the powers and switch on the fly, it did suck a bit of the fun out of it.