Thinking bout getting a PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sumotaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sumotaii
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts
Got the Wii, got the 360, thinking of selling the 360 and picking up a ps3, not that i hate the 360 just i dont game as much like i use to, and the dvd/blu ray interest me cause im more into movies then games these days and its pretty neat to me to do both. I really am having a blast with playing the wii (takes me back to the old school days where it was just about games and nothing else) But i also would like to have the other system for the movies and the hd graphics..just wondering how has the PS3 worked so far for you guys , hows the movies look esp. the blu ray, and is it true playing movies to much on it will screw up the drive in the long run? Also any 360 and PS3 owners could give me some oppinions also. Well thats bout it, thanks.
sm66612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sm66612
Member since 2004 • 453 Posts
PS3 works great for watching DVD's and Blue-Ray movies. I tested my Final Fantasy Advent Children DVD and a backup DVD and it all looked crystal clear. I also tried Talladega Nights for Blue-Ray and it looked great of course.
PS3 is a great investment if you love High Def movies and great games.:)
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
Everything has been superb!!!:D
craigx42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigx42
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
The movies look great. The best blu ray movie so far has been crank, if you like action movies its a must have. Also the prestige is coming out on blu ray, probably my favorite movie from last year.
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
I watched Superman Returns the other night and it was by far the best looking movie I've seen yet to come out on Blu-Ray.
Gamerzone23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Gamerzone23
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts
Get a Playstation 3 indeed!
sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
it's worth owning a ps3 because of blu ray movies and games. you can actually do more than just games. my friends with 360 are planning to get a ps3 after they gotten a chance to mess around with mine. it's a beauty you can't deny that. after i loaded the bluray movie "Crank"... my friends were blown away because they could see the littlest scratch on the actors' face. hey watch out for the boobies and booties scenes. take cover! lol
Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts
it's worth owning a ps3 because of blu ray movies and games. you can actually do more than just games. my friends with 360 are planning to get a ps3 after they gotten a chance to mess around with mine. it's a beauty you can't deny that. after i loaded the bluray movie "Crank"... my friends were blown away because they could see the littlest scratch on the actors' face. hey watch out for the boobies and booties scenes. take cover! lol sxs_alex
Ooh i get crank then if it has all that......:D
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
The movies look great. The best blu ray movie so far has been crank, if you like action movies its a must have. Also the prestige is coming out on blu ray, probably my favorite movie from last year.craigx42
I thought Crank was an awesome action movie how's it look in high-def anyways
craigx42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigx42
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
[QUOTE="craigx42"]The movies look great. The best blu ray movie so far has been crank, if you like action movies its a must have. Also the prestige is coming out on blu ray, probably my favorite movie from last year.2beers_in_hand

it'll make you want to watch all movies in high def
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 2beers_in_hand
[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"][QUOTE="craigx42"]The movies look great. The best blu ray movie so far has been crank, if you like action movies its a must have. Also the prestige is coming out on blu ray, probably my favorite movie from last year.craigx42

it'll make you want to watch all movies in high def

Damn now I have to buy a hi-def TV.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
is it true playing movies to much on it will screw up the drive in the long run?Sumotaii
What is this? One more of haters rumors.:lol: What's next, playing games on it will screw up the drive also. Oh no, we're doomed!
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2beers_in_hand
[QUOTE="Sumotaii"]is it true playing movies to much on it will screw up the drive in the long run?lusitanogamer
What is this? One more of haters rumors.:lol: What's next, playing games on it will screw up the drive also. Oh no, we're doomed!

I actually heard that rumor as well it was one of those I heard from a guy who heard from guy type of b.s rumors
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
... Did someone really ask if using the PS3 will shorten its life? The obvious answer is yes. It's called wear and tear. It's why I buy cars to park in a garage only. It's why I buy a computer to just stare at. It's why I buy game consoles as beautiful paperweights.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
If wear and tear is a problem you are probably a woman - example buying shoes that are never worn and just sits in the damn closet....... I remember a guy in fifth grade that brought a new soccer ball to school, but didn't want anyone playing with it so it wouldn't break....... he probably was a woman too
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I say if 360 gaming is getting boring for you. Then you will probably not really care about PS3. And at some point even Wii will become less important.

blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
Got the Wii, got the 360, thinking of selling the 360 and picking up a ps3, not that i hate the 360 just i dont game as much like i use to, and the dvd/blu ray interest me cause im more into movies then games these days and its pretty neat to me to do both. I really am having a blast with playing the wii (takes me back to the old school days where it was just about games and nothing else) But i also would like to have the other system for the movies and the hd graphics..just wondering how has the PS3 worked so far for you guys , hows the movies look esp. the blu ray, and is it true playing movies to much on it will screw up the drive in the long run? Also any 360 and PS3 owners could give me some oppinions also. Well thats bout it, thanks. Sumotaii
I had the 360 for a year and while it was fun at first, the games just couldnt keep up. Even Gears of War gets old fairly quick (unless you love repetitive gameplay). I got the PS3 at launch and while that didnt have a lot of games, I do regret trading my old ps2 in for an xbox back in the day and I had missed out on so much so I decided to stick w/ Sony this generation and I ebayed the 360. PS3 seriously looks promising for the next year and after 2 gaming generations of dominance, I think PS3 will soon, once again reclaim the title of best console. The price tag for now is keeping most little kids off it which is nice but it'll eventually drop and thats when the sales and number of 12 year olds will probably start playing
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 HunAndras1984
Member since 2005 • 647 Posts
I'm not buying DVD's anymore. It's the past. Blu-ray for me from now on, that the future. If you love movies just as much as I do....than buy the PS3. It's worth the price!
rpgfayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rpgfayth
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts

well in the game department the ps3 is superb but i haven't tried Blue-Ray movies yet.

22Falcons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 22Falcons
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Same question came to me in December and had a 360 as well. Asked myself, what are the odds of not purchasing a PS3 ever and it was 0% so I went ahead and purchased when it was available at retail price. I have been pretty happy with it and have gotten 5 Blueray discs since (watch out for those buy one get one free specials at BestBuy and Fry's). Still exploring other non-gaming features of the PS3 - photos and video clips etc...