The PSP is awesome!!!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Alright, I know this sounds like a "noob" post. Sounds like someone just bought a PSP and is in love with the first few moments I've had with it. But no, I've had my PSP since Christmas of '05 and I'm still loving it. I just recently bought Daxter for it I'm in love with the game. It's such a great platformer. Then there's the Socom online PSP experince - awesome. Then there's Gun Showdown, a great port of the PS2 game. GTA LCS and VCS are just like freaking Playstation 2 games on the run. Who the freaking heck said the PSP doesnt have any games?!? THE PSP IS AWESOME!!!

Sorry for the "noob" post, lol.

04ecrawf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 04ecrawf
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts
i forgive you because your right the PSP ROCks (note: i didn't say ROXX because i'm not gay
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

Are you getting the new Star Wars game coming out this month. I'm getting it.

Fooshie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fooshie
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
I agree....it's a great handheld....I'm feeling nostalgic..I just thought of the old GameBoy.....LOL....we've come a long way from thatrectangular bulky piece of machinery, that didn't show color at the time....nothing like playing a game in black, white, and grey! LOL
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

Alright, I know this sounds like a "noob" post. Sounds like someone just bought a PSP and is in love with the first few moments I've had with it. But no, I've had my PSP since Christmas of '05 and I'm still loving it. I just recently bought Daxter for it I'm in love with the game. It's such a great platformer. Then there's the Socom online PSP experince - awesome. Then there's Gun Showdown, a great port of the PS2 game. GTA LCS and VCS are just like freaking Playstation 2 games on the run. Who the freaking heck said the PSP doesnt have any games?!? THE PSP IS AWESOME!!!

Sorry for the "noob" post, lol.carljohnson3456

That's awesome! I just recently got the Daxter PSP slim pack but I have been playing Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters since I got it. I was a little iffy on Daxter since I'm not really a fan of him but how's the game? I know you said you like it but can you give some details about how it plays, what it's about?

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
The PSP is great.
hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts
Dont forget the not released Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep game coming... Sometime...
PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
The PSP is awesome you are a smart person. I cant wait to get FF T hopefully today i also really want Disgaea and Logan's Shadow. I'll probably get one of those two after i play FF T for awhile.
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts
Yep. Sure is.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

carljohnson3456

I dont understand how ppl can say PSP doesnt have anygames.

Dualmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#11 Dualmask
Member since 2004 • 1639 Posts
It truly is a wonderful piece of hardware. I've been a Nintendo supporter, I've had all their handhelds, but for a while I had a PSP and a DS Lite...my DS broke, but the PSP was so wonderful I almost didn't care. I do want to replace my DS eventually because I want to play Phantom Hourglass and the forthcoming FFIV remake, but for now, given everything one can do with the PSP, I'm not exactly in a rush. The PSP is more than enough entertainment for me.
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
the PSP is an amazing handheld that's for sure. And I haven't even tapped into the greatest hits having only played a few games on it. Damn college life of being poor!
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts
Awesome! good for you man!
I also love PSP.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

Sorry for the "noob" post, lol.thegame1980

That's awesome! I just recently got the Daxter PSP slim pack but I have been playing Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters since I got it. I was a little iffy on Daxter since I'm not really a fan of him but how's the game? I know you said you like it but can you give some details about how it plays, what it's about?

Well, I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the Jak and Daxter series either, but this game is just pure fun man. It plays like a great platformer, kinda like Crash Bandicoot only alot more action and scenarios, with vehicles and climbing and stuff, lol. It's really fun, trust me. The story line is kind of cheesy, but what do you expect? Daxter becomes and exterminator and Jak gets captured, so Jak goes to find 'em. lol. Great story huh? It's awesome fun though.

Arsarabies22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Arsarabies22
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Are you getting the new Star Wars game coming out this month. I'm getting it.

casey7672

I have renegade squadron and its abosolutely amazing! Well, its way better than the previous but still great!

ps3rule2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 ps3rule2
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

psp are awsome there are cool games like god of war and metal gear solid :D

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#17 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

PSP107

I dont understand how ppl can say PSP doesnt have anygames.

Because different people have different tastes and the PSP is seriously lacking in a few genres of games, such as (decent) RPG's and original games. I for one think the PSP is only recently starting to pick up speed on this with Fat Princess, Lunar, Kingdom Hearts and such.
njdevilsfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 njdevilsfan85
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

Why was a thread bumped from Oct 2007? I did find it funny that hack-shinobi said "Dont forget the not released Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep game coming... Sometime..." on Oct 10, 2007. Here it is April 2010 and we're still waiting lol.

XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

Why was a thread bumped from Oct 2007? I did find it funny that hack-shinobi said "Dont forget the not released Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep game coming... Sometime..." on Oct 10, 2007. Here it is April 2010 and we're still waiting lol.

njdevilsfan85

I can't believe we've been waiting for that long.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Yeah. Got Tekken 6 off of PSN. Amazing for a handheld game.
ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ABRed
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

What is cool, (for the psp 3000 at least) is that I can buy most of my games for about 20$ on UMD. Games on PSN are a little bit too expansive in some cases or they are just missing... But since a month, some great deals are coming out each weeks so it's kinda cool. Yeah it took them a lot of time, but hey! Better later than never!

BTW, I've just bought SW: Battlefront Elite Squadron for 20$. Loving it and there's a lot of people online. So if your game isn't cheaper than 20$, just w8 a lil but and it will drop (MotorStorm: Arctic Edge (I think...) that dropped from 40$ to 20$ in a day). Or even better, Fat Princess that will be release at 20$. Yeah, for such great games for 20$, we can say PSP is awesome!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
The PSP is good but it could of been better in every way.
optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

i still have mine from 05 and it and its earbuds still work perfect! although i did replace the battery once.

BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BonsaiMet
Member since 2010 • 542 Posts
It makes me happy to find people who actually like it. I'm sick of seeing people slag it off with the same old excuse "there's no good games". Well if you still think that you haven't looked hard enough. And I agree I love the PSP. I've got more games for it than I have for my 360.
ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ABRed
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

i still have mine from 05 and it and its earbuds still work perfect! although i did replace the battery once.

optiplex7

How long is suppose to last our battery? Any signs that shows we should change it? I think I can play about 4 hours in a row then I have to plug my psp. Should I change my battery or 4 hours of gaming is still alright?

whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 whitefirex
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts

i wont lie, i haven't played my psp for years... i been playing ds and such, but now im getting back into the psp and tommorrow ima pick up a few games for it actually cant wait to start things up with psp again ^^

BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BonsaiMet

[QUOTE="optiplex7"]

ABRed

How long is suppose to last our battery? Any signs that shows we should change it? I think I can play about 4 hours in a row then I have to plug my psp. Should I change my battery or 4 hours of gaming is still alright?

It depends what type of game but your battery life sounds fine. If your playing a graphics heavy game you should expect about 3 hours non stop play from a full charge. That's playing the game from UMD. Playing a downloaded one should, in principle, increase the battery life.
optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

i bought my new battery in 2009 mostly because i suddenly wondered...hey... they dont make psp 1000 anymore why would they make batteries for them? So i ran and grabbed one more battery before they all disappear from existence!

pspfanboy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pspfanboy6
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts

it truly is an underappreciated game system. definitely the best handheld evah....(until psp2 comesout :P)

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Daavpuke

[QUOTE="optiplex7"]

ABRed

It never had a decent charge rate to start with, so 4 hours is still good. I think mine still gives me about 4 hours as well.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I know this is an ancient thread, but it would be nice to see current threads praising the PSP or a game on it. The system is seriously underrated- I think it catches a ton of flak simply because it doesn't have a second analog, but it's so close to emulating last gen systems (graphics-wise) that it frustrates reviewers.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
well i dont have my PSP yet ( i pre-ordered the big boss bundle) but from my past experience when i did own one, yes it did rock!
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Daavpuke
I know this is an ancient thread, but it would be nice to see current threads praising the PSP or a game on it. The system is seriously underrated- I think it catches a ton of flak simply because it doesn't have a second analog, but it's so close to emulating last gen systems (graphics-wise) that it frustrates reviewers.LongZhiZi
I LIKE the fact it doesn't have too much analog crap. then again, I grew up on joysticks and D-pads, so I might be biased. but I've never been a big analog fan.
BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BonsaiMet
I think one of the reasons PSP games get poor reviews (when the game is actually good) is that all the reviewers are comparing it and the games to home consoles. Which is a stupid thing to do as it's a "handheld" not a home console. We don't compare the DS to the Wii so why do constantly compare the PSP to the PS3. They are very different systems. Game websites (including Gamespot) need to realise that.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Yes, it's a good system with some very good games on it. :)

njdevilsfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 njdevilsfan85
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

Seriously, go out and buy Dissidia, Monster Hunter, Metal Gear (any of them, they're all great), Star Ocean, Tekken, Soul Calibur... Okay, I could go on for a while, but the PSP is an amazing handheld console... Oh, and LittleBigPlanet.meconate

Agreed! I hate when people say there are no games on the PSP. I have tons of games and have a wish list of more I want to get. I absolutely love my PSP!

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
[QUOTE="LongZhiZi"]I know this is an ancient thread, but it would be nice to see current threads praising the PSP or a game on it. The system is seriously underrated- I think it catches a ton of flak simply because it doesn't have a second analog, but it's so close to emulating last gen systems (graphics-wise) that it frustrates reviewers.Daavpuke
I LIKE the fact it doesn't have too much analog crap. then again, I grew up on joysticks and D-pads, so I might be biased. but I've never been a big analog fan.

I like it when the developer actually takes time to make a decent camera. Designing a good camera seems to be a lost art, though. Now developers just say, "well, we'll just use the second stick for that so we don't have to do anything." I can still play Mario 64 to this day without camera issues on one stick- a feat that most games can't claim. Monster Hunter would probably be my favorite game if it had a better camera.
GT500R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GT500R
i reckon that the PSP is one of the best modern handheld console and a lot of the games are not arcady (unlike the nintedo ) and enjoyable to play. it also feels great to hold and has some weight to it compared to the DS which feels flimsy and light. i think the best one is the 3000 series because it has the best screen and still has a hard copy of the came that you own so you can trade it in and get money for it
GT500R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GT500R
i get 6 hours on low brightness on my 3000
Bloody-_-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bloody-_-Fang
man psp is my fav system and im getting a go tonight.
GrandTheftDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GrandTheftDog
Member since 2010 • 679 Posts

carljohnson3456
Welcome to the club bro :) Now just get a ps3 and you can do Psp to ps3 HOOKUP :)
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#43 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Its definetly a great handheld!

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#44 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

carljohnson3456

The PSP does have plenty of greatness on it!. Its a wonderful device. Glad many are enjoying it.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts

carljohnson3456
your UMD drive still works??? O.o
the2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 the2gamer
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
man psp is my fav system and im getting a go tonight.Bloody-_-Fang
Good choice. The PSPgo is awesome. Sony knows what theyre doing
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#47 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I agree. :D
isaiah26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 isaiah26
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts

I ALSO LOVE MY PSP!! I love CRISIS CORE,JEANNE D'ARC,WARRIORS OROCHI 2,PERSONA 3, DISSIDIA, FFT.....and I will play Disgaea 2 soon..! :))

Eyad-93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#49 Eyad-93
Member since 2009 • 717 Posts
I agree dude THE PSP IS REALLY AWESOME
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

Haha, I got my PSP for Christmas 2005 as well :). I haven't played it for a while though besides an hour tonight on WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006. But I am now wanting to purchase some titles for my PSP again. There's a unique feeling about PSP games... it's everything. The graphics, the gameplay... everything. :)