Star Wars Battlefront

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dewc1
Member since 2005 • 725 Posts

First I would like to praise Dice/EA for actually developing a new battlefront. I would also like to compliment them on the graphics ( if they are actually in-game). And most importantly, for being honest and forthcoming about what features this game will/will not have this early. As a huge Battlefront fan (favorite games of all time) it saddens me to say that I will not be purchasing this game.

I have played Battlefront for more than ten years across a variety of platforms, but rarely ever played them online (I did get pretty hooked on cloud city on BF1 P.C). I will admit that I am absolutely terrible at online fps. I am a 41 year old former victim of carpal tunnel syndrome who has terrible reflexes now. It's not fun for me nor any younger kids to play a game just to get killed every few seconds. To me there should at least be an option to play against some brain dead bots in an instant action mode. I am happy they added a split screen option, but how much playtime would my son and I get from a few "spec ops" style missions. Is it really worth it to us to spend $60 knowing we will never play the rest of the game? I am sure glad I waited to purchase a ps4 or xbox one. if this is going to be indicative of all games this generation, I will stick to my old consoles. Time to get a 360 and find an copy of bf1 & bf2 I guess. I know what is coming....get with the times and play online, but I think Dice may lose many many more sales than they think over a combination of Not having instant action/campaign. End of rant!

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

This battlefront series is my favourite series of all time. This Battlefield with star wars skin, is not battlefront. It shouldn't even be called as such. It's literally missing 9/10ths of the content present in battlefront 2 and the psp version of the series. I won't be buying and supporting this kind of business. This is literally a cash grab dlc focused piece of garbage that barely resembles the series. I'm so disappointed that for the next 10 years I'm going to get junk like this from EA and dice, when even the last gen canceled battlefront 3 from lucas arts looked more appealing while being a much much larger and flushed out game.

No space battles

No bots

No SP campaign

No galactic conquest

No clone wars

And only 4 whole planets out of the whole of the star wars universe to fight on.

NO THANK YOU!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@ribstaylor1 said:

This battlefront series is my favourite series of all time. This Battlefield with star wars skin, is not battlefront. It shouldn't even be called as such. It's literally missing 9/10ths of the content present in battlefront 2 and the psp version of the series. I won't be buying and supporting this kind of business. This is literally a cash grab dlc focused piece of garbage that barely resembles the series. I'm so disappointed that for the next 10 years I'm going to get junk like this from EA and dice, when even the last gen canceled battlefront 3 from lucas arts looked more appealing while being a much much larger and flushed out game.

No space battles

No bots

No SP campaign

No galactic conquest

No clone wars

And only 4 whole planets out of the whole of the star wars universe to fight on.

NO THANK YOU!

The last Star Wars game was going to be you in underground tunnels but thanks for blowing things out of proportion.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

So ready for this game. If it is 1/2 as good as the originals it will be worth the money. I thought I was done buying games for the year as I preordered The Witcher 3 and figured that with my backlog would get me through, but I will be on the first preorder special I see. Hoping there is one, but if not I can wait.

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dewc1
Member since 2005 • 725 Posts

@mgools: I am such a fan of these games, that I have been patiently waiting for information on this one game to help me decide which system to get to play it on (ps4 or xbox one). After the lack of instant action with bots and split screen with bots, my interest is gone!!! This is the only game I was going to purchase a next gen console for. I am so disappointed. I really like to play games locally coop or competitive with my kids, and there just are not enough next gen games to make it a worthwhile purchase. Who knows if TT can still make new lego Star Wars or Indiana jones games (sorry, but we are not into avengers, batman, Harry potter, etc.) with Disney owning Lucas now. We do like lord of the rings, but the new ones ( SOM) is single player as well. I don't get spending $60 on a 10-15 hour game with Sure replay value

So for me, next generation offers absolutely nothing. Everything I enjoy in gaming is pretty much gone. Racing games are Single player/online only, Call of duty is now only two player, they have stopped making Fight Night games for that stupid UFC crap. Even the madden games I used to like during the ps2 era now all suck. Final fantasy has not been good since psone ( guess 10 was okay).

I purchased a wii u ( I know...stupid) because I have always loved nintendo games and really wanted mario kart 8. Well, that game is fun and so is mario bros., but until the new zelda comes in 2020, I will not be buying anymore games for it either. Sorry to be such a Debbie downer all the time, but I hate to see where my favorite hobby is headed....always online digital download only games that are just like iOS games ( in app purchases and when the servers close it ' s Game Over!). Surely I am not the only one who feels this way?

daniel79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 daniel79
Member since 2006 • 509 Posts

It looks good, granted. But the sad thing about it all is the simple fact it's in EA's hands. It wont be a simple affair that will hark back to the best bits of Star wars but a platform from which to rinse money from like some over bloated cow. DLC DLC DLC, a gawdy 'season passes' and all of the usual bunkum trimmings that you get thrust upon you with EA games.

If they was smart they would bung out a complete game and say 'here you go'. Have fun.. But oh no..

The greed will be strong in this one.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ribstaylor1

@Jaysonguy: it didn't house the name battlefront so it doesn't bother me. If had battlefront as its name I'd have been pissed like I am about this turd being shit out of ea.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

@ribstaylor1: No bots and no clone wars? Are you serious?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ribstaylor1

@GameboyTroy: Yep. It's literally a Battlefield game with what seems like less control and more scripted events (Can't control AT-AT, and bombers that destroy it our called in like an airstrike). Galactic conquest was the best thing about those games. It's why I still every once and while play it. Not to many ps2 games have that kind of long lasting appeal. This next one will have zero of that appeal since it's online focused, and probably going to have yearly releases...