Sorry, but can someone help me with this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KuroiOokami45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KuroiOokami45
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts

Again, sorry, this is one of those pointless topics to most, but can someone maybe copy and paste the gist of these articles from 1UP's site for the PS3? Or even just summarize them?  Either 1UP's servers totally suck, or my connection is being stupid right now, but i can't access anything without an error and my windows exiting. 

Anyway, i hate 1UP, but i see they apparently got HANDS ON with UT3 for PS3 (unless it also links to the PC page) Final Fantasy XIII (unless its just really old and they haven't taken it down) and they have a review of VF5, which I'm interested on seeing wat flaws they can come up with for it(since it looks totally perfect to me).

So just those 3 things...

If its all just old crap, then NVM.

http://ps3.1up.com/

Thanks in advance.

And as a interesting tidbit (a thank-you of sorts i guess) I'm watching BET right now, some show called "Hotwyred" or something, and its showing VF5, Warhawk, Lost Planet, etc.

It showed the game designer of warhawk giving the host of the show a chance to play warhawk, and he said "Here is the brand new SIX-AXIS controller from Sony" and the middle button is glowing bright red (which it SHOULDN'T be) while he played.  Unfortuately, i don't know how old this episode is, so yea....

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

It's hard to believe that the most hallowed, the most hardcore, and at one point the most overpopulated of all gaming genres -- the fighting game -- is now a skeleton operation, supported by the final four pillars of Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Tekken, and of course, Virtua Fighter. While Sega's Virtua Fighter series helped steer the genre away from the 2D dominance of Capcom's Street Fighter and into the third dimension, it's rarely been the most popular 3D brawler. With the release of Virtua Fighter 5, however, that may begin to change.

Virtua Fighter has been, historically, a little bit tougher to get into than its closest rivals. The tap-tap friendliness of Tekken and the free-swinging mayhem of Soul Calibur, with cooler character rosters and harsher physics, had an edginess the more polite VF series could not provide. That all changed with Virtua Fighter 4 and VF4: Evolution, which came complete with great graphics, nimbler and more accessible controls, and a new realm of customization options that were closely tied to the new ranking system that carried over from the arcades and into the eventual PlayStation ports.

Now, instead of a rote selection of arcade, versus, training, and time attack modes, players could feel an actual sense of progress as they made their way through hundreds of increasingly difficult "rivals" in both games' Kumite/Quest modes. [Click the image above to check out all Virtua Fighter 5 screens.] That very same addictive quality arrives intact in Virtua Fighter 5, whether you're striving to unlock every last item for every one of the game's 17 fighters (good luck) via the Quest mode, which pits you against a half-dozen arcade's worth of competitiors, or if you're playing against human opponents.

The controls, as ever, are rapid-fire and responsive -- at least when the PS3's Sixaxis Bluetooth controllers aren't having data-transfer farts. The Sixaxis, it should be said, is just not up to to the task of letting players input the required motions to pull off some of the game's most powerful moves. If you have the means, absolutely do import either the Hori Real Arcade Pro stick for PS3, or Sega's own High Grade arcade stick (at least, once Sega of Japan has ironed out the stick's technical issues). VF5 definitely controls better with an arcade stick. While it's true that VF is a game of finesse, it's also now a game of pick-up-and-play, since every character has more than enough moves that are flashy, fun, and simple enough to bust out. But they still offer more powerful and complicated moves for those that have the dexterity and desire to discover them. Any concerns that the learning curve is too steep are quickly extinguished with a little time spent in VF5's comprehensive Dojo mode, which not only provides a virtual "Danger Room" for players to try out and master every move their character's capable of in nearly any conceivable situation, but also shows you how to perform the game's toughest moves.

The game is not handcuffed by its animations either. Players can always pull themselves out of a charged attack, ripping loose with rapid-fire jab interrupts and stagger moves and crumples. All of the familiar faces, save for VF3's Taka-Arashi, return, invigorated by new moves and balance tweaks. Players familiar with Pai, for example, will find some of her bread-and-butter combos adjusted, with the speed of some of her attacks increased while others are slowed down. This gives the roster a fresh feel instead of the stale same ol' same ol' that afflicts most of the competition. More significant are the new fighters, Eileen and El Blaze, two compact and speedy characters who offer more distinct and original playforbidden>

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 G-Legend

You've all heard the big news: Unreal Tournament 2007 will now be known as Unreal Tournament 3. And it's finally been confirmed for Xbox 360 in addition to PC and PS3. At the moment, Epic is working on the finishing touches of a balanced multiplayer component and a single-player campaign from Gears of War author Susan O'Connor, with the game set to ship in the second half of 2007. At a Midway press event yesterday, Epic demoed a map called Corruption, which takes place outdoors and features a Chinese temple which overlooks the ocean from the cliffside.

And yes, there is more than enough room for eight to play some good ol' capture the flag. The map provides those on foot -- players not lucky enough to grab a vehicle -- with secret passageways and trails that lead into the enemy base, which aren't accessible by vehicles... ...but those vehicles look so awesome! So for the majority of our time with the game, we ceased our cliff running antics and decided to find the nearest spawned vehicle and take the wheel, so to speak. Of the vehicles shown (the Goliath Tank returns), the Dark Walker was our preferred mode of transportation.

SCREENS: The entirety of our experience was using the tech from the Nexus Black Legion, who we assume to be the enemy alien race you fight off in the single-player campaign. Click the image above to check out all Unreal Tournament 3 screens.

Resembling something out of War of the Worlds, the Dark Walker is essentially a walking tank that can traverse any terrain on the level. Although it is slow to move, it is capable of seating two players -- one to pilot and one to operate the turret underneath the body carriage. Our supreme moment of joy came when we were able to get high enough to simply guard our base from any and all intruders, firing down a rain of energy lasers, turning soldiers into piles of clay.

And although we were a powerful alien-tank for a few minutes, we were quick to relearn that with the right weapon up your pipe, your day can end rather quickly. And it did. And so it goes. A major overhaul in terms of gameplay comes with the return to Unreal Tournament 1-forbidden>

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 G-Legend
It won't allow me to post the FFXIII one, but I got 2/3 hope it helps :D
KuroiOokami45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KuroiOokami45

holy crap, your awesome.  Yeah it helps a lot thanks!  Yeah, the FXIII thing was proly something old or stupid anyway, heh.

From that VF5 review, it sounds like they gave it a "4" or so?

Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
Yeah the FF one was just about the summons and how shiva turns into a motorcycle, old news.

I'm really kinda annoyed at the way they assume everyone's bluetooth controller freaks out. I've had my system sence black friday and i've never experienced this BS.
KuroiOokami45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KuroiOokami45

Yeah the FF one was just about the summons and how shiva turns into a motorcycle, old news.

I'm really kinda annoyed at the way they assume everyone's bluetooth controller freaks out. I've had my system sence black friday and i've never experienced this BS.
Alpha2

O okay, i knew if there was anything really important or new for FXIII, IGN would've had it on their front page already. 

And i thought bluetooth was by definition the highest quality wireless connection anyway?  I mean can't you play a game like behind walls and microwaves and phones and still get responsive gameplay?  What problems are people having with these controllers then?