So? When did GTA4 get online hackers - and where do i report them?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

I remember hearing about COD getting hackers or whatever the name was for the particular players who could cheat online from hiding inside buildings or being invincible and so on. I was playing GTA4 about an hour ago and i never knew GTA4 was another one of those games where players can cheat online, let alone edit things

Granted some of the cheats looked awesome like changing you're car and it's colour without having to find one or going to a pay and spray, or making you're car jump over things or teleport from one part of the map to another. They where even able to create things like huge ramps at the airport which i might confess, i had a little bit of fun jumping over them, pretty much everyone did.

However, for other players, myself included, we where all playing a game that prevented you from killing one another, but these 2, maybe 3 players had the ability to kill us and do much much more. One even was able to remove my whole weapon list when i attacked them after they kept making me fly a million miles in to the air or delete my car/helicopter while i was using it. Think of Skyrim when you get attacked by a giant, now and again when you get clobbered, you would fly so high in to the sky, that's what they where able to do to me be in the car or out the car.

Near to the end, many players wanted to kick the 3 players in this invincible 4 by 4 rover, a red one with sirens. I don't know if it had weapons on it, i did see and hear explosions come from it so i don't know if someone was chucking grenades or if it was the car itself.

I don't know which one of the 3 it is that was able to hack/cheat and alter everything, but i was able to write the names down and hope to ask if anyone can tell me where to report them. I don't want to do it, but they seriously annoyed the other players and although it might be just the one player, all 3 where in the same truck together so it's difficult to know.

Not to mention, there was a 4th player, but he or she left the game, that player didn't seem to bother/bug anyone, but i knew this player was a hacker of somesort due to the ability to change his car, have the ability to drive super fast and have his player on fire. Asuming the player was on fire that is, it looked like it, but like i said, he/she was driving very fast so it wasn't easy to get a full picture of it

Any info on where to report them would be helpful, thanks :)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

You can add Starhawk to the ever-growing list of online games that get hacked a lot. I hardly play it any more because of it. I've seen grizzlies that can fly and kill you with just one pulse shot, starhawks that fly faster than you can target and can barely be seen, jet packs that never run out of fuel and can fly under space levels and not be targeted by rocket locks, players that can't be killed, and so on.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mickeyminime
i've not played that game before, the only online games i play are GTA4, Red Dead, COD, Little Big Planet and that's really it. The other games like RE5 are not big open worlds in the ways of so many players in one game like GTA4. I've never heard of GTA4 having online cheats or getting hacked, i thought it was one of the safer games, but after today, it looks like i was wrong. At first i didn't mind them doing whatever they where doing, after all, i didn't attack and neither did they, not to mention, it was a no killing player game, but after awhile, i kept seeing other players dying, myself included. So after that, everyone, myself included sent "so and so wants to kick this and that player" I was minding my own business, but then this red 4 by 4 landed on me, and these 3 players kept on stalking me and other players, killing us, deleting our cars and even taking my weapons away. I left after i wrote down the players names that where in this truck, but i don't know where to report them, after all, they spoiled the game and broke the rules. If they kept to themselves, no body would have gotten angry but it got pretty bad in the end with so many kicking messages popping up. Do you know where to report players by any chance
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mickeyminime
also is there something going on with the Playstation site, i keep getting logged off ever 5 seconds, i keep getting a You are signed out or your session has expired. Sign in again or, if you do not have a PlayStation Network account already, you can create one is really becoming annoying now :(
colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts
Yeah that sucks, but the game really sucks more. You could go to RockstarGames and send an e-mail, but I doubt even they care about it to tell you the truth. They didn't really start with reports and serious online gaming before after GTA IV.
jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#6 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

They've had hackers since a few months from launch in 2008. I remember playing against people whose pistols fired RPG rounds.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mickeyminime
since 2008 :S, wow, i honestly thought some games might be tougher to hack. I've been gaming online since 2009 and never met a online cheat before until now. I don't mind people cheating, i some times don't mind people cheating online, that of course depends on what they are doing. If they cheat to make things more enjoyable or to help other players, then i'm ok with it, but when it comes to using cheats against people, then that's what i'm against. The GTA4 game i was playing prevented anyone from killing one another, however these 3 players where stalking and killing everyone, they even somehow took away my entire weapon list from rifles, rocket launchers, grenades, Uzis and so on, i had some decent firepower but after i got attacked and noticed i had lost health because of them, i fired back only to lose my whole list 3 seconds later. I even shot a rocket launcher at them one time later on, the missile hit them, but the car they where using didn't even explode, when they knew who it was, i flew in to the air and died The other thing that drove me and maybe the other players was the fact that when i reached the 2nd island not far from the 3rd island. These 3 players where at the airport and the next thing i saw, they suddenly appeared right in front of me like they teleported. They honestly annoyed so many players, all i saw was this and that killing so and so. Even when you respawn, you die by flying over and over again. It happened twice but after things got from bad to worse, i left the game. I couldn't even play the game without losing everything
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

glad im not the only one x360 has alot of that bs

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#9 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I think the online went to shit pretty quickly. I doubt Rockstar is going to do anything about hackers or whatever else for the online portion.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
online hackers are some of the most pathetic people on the planet
Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Ne-Plus-Ultra
Member since 2012 • 281 Posts

I haven't played GTA IV in a while, but the last time I was playing, there was a player that didn't even flinch when I put two clips into him/her, then they just turned my way fired one shot and I was dead. Then another time I was playing, and there was someone flying around in an apartment building ( I admit that was pretty funny.)

I'm pretty sure you must jailbreak your PS3 in order to use these hacks, if Sony catches someone doing this, they will brick their PS3, at least that's what I've been told. By the looks of it, from the last time I played, I don't think Sony or the devs are really doing much about it. I bet for someone to get punished for hacking, they probably need to be reported many times, or else a bunch of jealous, immature, whiny little co#k sucking bit@hes would be getting peoples PS3s bricked and or their accounts suspended all the time.

Personally I really don't care if people hack for fun or entertaining items, but when they start using things like God mode, or have the ability to jump higher, run faster, warp, unlimited ammo with no reloading, it just takes the fun out of the game for everyone else.

It would be nice if the devs just made a game mode just for hackers, so they could just go wild. I have a feeling though that they get off on praying on non-hackers to inflate their tiny false egos, and to make themselves feel like they've owned someone, since in real life they're more then likely sub-par humans that don't even have the balls to stand up for themselves or talk to a woman, so the only chance they get to ever feel like they accomplished something is by cheating (sorry about the small rant, it's just that bullies, liars, thieves, bigots, and cheaters tend to get me pretty pissed off.) So with that said, I doubt any mode just for hackers would help anyway.

I found THIS GameSpot thread on hackers, you might want to check it out.

Also found this video, here's the LINK for reporting hackers that's mentioned in the video

I just hope Sony has a better way figured out for dealing with problems like this with the PS4.