So we do get to keep PS+ games from previous months?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Didn't own a PS3 last gen(I know, foolish me) but have a PS4 now. Last month I got it and Resogun along with Dead Nation were free downloads. Just downloaded Mercenary Kings(Contra + Borderlands? YES) but just to be curious I backed out and loaded both Dead Nation and Resogun, both still launch. I thought Dead Nation would take itself off after March.

Will it keep allowing me to keep them forever so long as I keep my PS+ account?

Please say yes

devantechisolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 devantechisolm  Staff
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

yes. you can still play it as long as you are a PS+ subscriber

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Spartan070

@theothernormal said:

This is the best news of the year so far for me

devantechisolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 devantechisolm  Staff
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

@Spartan070: I felt the same way when I found out lol

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

You keep all the games you downloaded for as long as you are a member.

Key word here is games you downloaded. If last month there was a game on PSN+ but you didnt download it and its not on there for free this month, then you missed out.

You can also download a game, delete it, and re-download it later on if you are still a member. So if you ever need space on your HDD you dont have to worry about losing your free downloaded game if you delete it.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow

@Spartan070 said:

@theothernormal said:

lol its been like that since 2009. I have games that i got from PSN+ from 3-4 years ago and i can still play them right now cuz Im still a member.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Spartan070

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Spartan070 said:

@theothernormal said:

lol its been like that since 2009. I have games that i got from PSN+ from 3-4 years ago and i can still play them right now cuz Im still a member.

Sigh...Why the HECK didn't I get a PS3 years ago! *kicks self*

CybaCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 CybaCowboy
Member since 2012 • 60 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Spartan070 said:

@theothernormal said:

PlayStation+ covers the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and PSP (PlayStation Portable)/PSP go too... That's a lot of potential games!

Of course some of those consoles are on their way out, but even if you count just the "modern" systems, that's still a lot of potential free games...

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Key word here is games you downloaded. If last month there was a game on PSN+ but you didnt download it and its not on there for free this month, then you missed out.

You can also download a game, delete it, and re-download it later on if you are still a member. So if you ever need space on your HDD you dont have to worry about losing your free downloaded game if you delete it.

I thought you could purchase games through psn store online, and even if you didn't download it onto your system, they will be there waiting for you when your ready or have the system???

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

If there is a instant game that you have a little interest in, you can click download and then immediately click cancel. It will save hard drive space and then say 6 months later you could always re-download it even if it is pulled off the instant game list.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Perhaps we should just have a PS+ sticky since this question has been ask ad nauseam.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nengo_Flow

@bezza2011 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I thought you could purchase games through psn store online, and even if you didn't download it onto your system, they will be there waiting for you when your ready or have the system???

yeah you can do that that you, go to them and click purchase then it would start to download, but you can just hit cancel download, but your download history would still have that game you canceled, and your purchase list would still say you purchase it.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

Yes, once you download it once, it is forever linked to your account, so say for instance, you need to get a new PS4 - they will be in your download list accessed via the store to put on new system, you cannot lose them.

Awesome or what. I am with PS+ and have games I have yet to play, I just download while available and I will play when I can.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

yeah you can do that that you, go to them and click purchase then it would start to download, but you can just hit cancel download, but your download history would still have that game you canceled, and your purchase list would still say you purchase it.

yea thats what I've sort of done, I've got every PS Vita game downloaded just through the psn store online and not on a system and when i buy a PS Vita i should have all the games ready and waiting for me to download onto the system.