So no PS Vita 2000 in America?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

I thought for sure Sony would announce at CES that the new LCD screened PS Vita 2000 would ship in America soon. I figured that the Vita's 2 year anniversary is next month, seems like a great time to introduce the second model but no. They even used regular Vitas in all the Playstation Now demos. What gives? The redesign handheld hit Japan months ago and I'm holding off on buying a Vita because I want the better battery life and the LCD screen. (less chance of OLED burn in)

The only thing I can think of is maybe they plan on bundling Minecraft once it hits Vita on the Vita 2000. Since the Vita 2000 has 1GB built in and Minecraft is like 100MB or less on consoles then they could ship Minecraft digitally and not even need to include a memory card with the system. This could be a great way to sell the system for $179-$199.

So when do you guys think we'll see the Vita 2000 in America? I was hoping late February at the latest but they didn't even acknowledge it at CES.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Battery life is not worth a screen that doesn't look as good

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bonesawisready5

@Jaysonguy: Irrelevant and off topic. Like I've asked you before, do you have to start a debate with everyone on the internet that may or may not have a differing opinion then you? Ok cool, you don't like X item. Well, this thread was started to speculate or get information on when X item will be made available in the US.

Go ahead and just post about your feelings about X item without contributing anything good to the discussion of WHEN X item will be sold here.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

@Jaysonguy said:

it has already been said that you can hardly tell the difference soooo...meh

I wouldn't underestimate the OLED screen. It really is a thing of beauty and renowned as the best screen available. Personally I wouldn't be satisfied knowing that my Vita games looked less than 100% on an LCD screen. Plus I know the 2000 will be cheaper but it is sacrificing some premium build materials to get the price down.

I'd always opt for an original Vita TBH.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy

@geminontraveler said:

@Jaysonguy said:

it has already been said that you can hardly tell the difference soooo...meh

There's a big difference between the screens.

I'd say it's the difference between an older car's finish and one just coming off the line.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i dont know when its coming out but i too am holding off from buying a Vita until the 2000's come out over here in america..i wish they would hurry the hell up cause im dying to buy a vita already! if they dont release/announce anything by april then im just going to buy the current vita.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bonesawisready5

@Jaysonguy: That's a horrible comparison because that new car off the line is going to look like crap and just as bad, potentially worse than the other car in your equation due to normal wear and tear within hours or days.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bonesawisready5

@FinalFighters: I waited for a black 3DS XL in America from August 2012 until July 10th 2013. I caved and bought a blue XL. Then, literally a month after I do so they release the black XL on August 10th lol. I hope that if I cave and buy a Vita 1000 before 2000 hits the US that they'll announce the 2000 for US release like the next month.

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts

Maybe the new model will be out later than scheduled? I'm thinking that it may be released together with the Vita TV some time after PS4 launches in Japan.

And as for the screen difference of the two models, I kinda agree there. Do note that there are games that are made with the OLED screen taken into consideration (playing Muramasa and Dragon's Crown is a sure treat for the eyes). And the rest of the games, specially with bright, vivid colors, receive a huge benefit from it.

That's not to say the new Vita's screen is bad though. It's probably as good, but people can't help to think the other way around because it's supposedly made to cut costs compared to the first model. So, expect people recommending/favoring the original model. But I don't think it's going to be a (significant) purchase factor for those who haven't got a (OLED) Vita yet.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

@bonesawisready5 said:

@Jaysonguy: That's a horrible comparison because that new car off the line is going to look like crap and just as bad, potentially worse than the other car in your equation due to normal wear and tear within hours or days.

Since you don't know about cars or paint I'll tell you, a new car's finish is pristine and at it's peak. A car down the line has abuse from simply being out in the elements and doesn't retain the luster of a fresh paint job.

That's how the screens look in comparison. You have a bright brilliant screen and then you have one that's just not up to snuff. Colors aren't as bright, blacks aren't as bold, whites don't look as clean.

I came in this thread to warm you because I know the difference. You're ok with something that has reduced visuals because you can look at those reduced visuals longer, that's fine.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

They might announce it soon.