So far are you guys impressed with GTA V?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I know it came out today but so far what do you guys think?

I think it lived up to the hype.

Im only on the third mission but I spent a few hours driving around the city and getting familar with the area. So much detail its incredible.

I must say this game looks great. Shooting feels miles better than GTA 4. Cover system works great. Driving is fun and better than GTA 4. The draw distance is incredible.

Very much worth the wait. I have nothing bad to say. Hope you guys are enoying it.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I'm happy with it, and I was never a huge GTA fan.   I'm loving this one though.   I think it is so much better than part 4

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

It has met my expectations. Most of the time so far has been spent exploring Los Santos, but I also got to see the race track, an oil refinery with a train going past it, and a prison.

There's so much to see.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the game is amazing it feels like a next gen game.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts
Completely impressed. I can't believe they achieved this on 8year old hardware. I see myself putting 100+ hours into the single player on my 1st playthrough and multiple replays. We haven't even seen the online yet:-P I see me playing this game for years to come even when the PS4 is out.
SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts

Im totally impressed with it. Was flying the blimp around the area during a sunset and the view was amazing. The only thing i noticed when i had the game paused and check out the stats was that there is only 69 main missions. i kinda figured there would be more but thats just me i guess.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr

Im totally impressed with it. Was flying the blimp around the area during a sunset and the view was amazing. The only thing i noticed when i had the game paused and check out the stats was that there is only 69 main missions. i kinda figured there would be more but thats just me i guess.

SgtNumNum

Yea I noticed that too. But Im only on mission 4 and im going to take a break from the main game and explore more and do the side stuff like hobbies and the stranger missions. I feel like im doing too much too soon and I want it to last a really long time.

Also its a nice touch that you can replay missions to get 100 percent which makes it replayable and adds playing time.

Lets not forget about DLC down the road which rockstar is notrious for and GTA online hasn't even came out yet.

I couldn't care less about next gen at this point.

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SgtNumNum

[QUOTE="SgtNumNum"]

marcheegsr

Yea I noticed that too. But Im only on mission 4 and im going to take a break from the main game and explore more and do the side stuff like hobbies and the stranger missions. I feel like im doing too much too soon and I want it to last a really long time.

Also its a nice touch that you can replay missions to get 100 percent which makes it replayable and adds playing time.

Lets not forget about DLC down the road which rockstar is notrious for and GTA online hasn't even came out yet.

I couldn't care less about next gen at this point.

Couldnt agree with u anymore on what u just said. Im doing the same thing, i might do a mission now and then,but usually just go drive around and see what i can find to get into. Rockstar did a awesome job and with the 260 million dollars that had to make this game, i knew it wouldn't disappoint.
eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

my girlfriend walked in on me getting a lap dance in gta5.she hasent spoken to me since.i love this slutty game!

Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

I had the day off to study for a course that I'm taking, but once my GTAV PS3 Bundle arrived, I just couldn't resist. I spent the last few hours crusing through Los Santos, enjoying the scenery. I really enjoy the characters, storylines, and mission variety so far. It took me a bit to get use to the vehicle handling, especially the motorcycles, as I'm so use to playing GTAIV, which definitely handled differently. All in all, I'm loving every minute of this game. I think my favorite part so far was playing tennis, as I just discovered it and got my ass handed to me multiple times before I got good enough to steal a win. So much to do in this game, and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. I love you Rockstar!!!

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
To say im loving it would be an understatement, absolutely incredible game that gets better after every mission!
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
I was in the camp that enjoyed GTA IV as well as past GTAs and the fact that this so far feels like a perfect mix of San Andreas and IV means I'm liking the game as well. Only a few hours in so far.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

SgtNumNum
69 missions? 69? Really? Oh, Rockstar you... :P
Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts
[QUOTE="SgtNumNum"]

lancea34

69 great missions over 90+ mundane ones. Remember that GTA 5 is massive and something was gonna have to be compromised. But Add in GTA online and we have 300+ missions.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
best game this year for me and one of the best game ever created and this gen for me thanks ROCKSTAR NORTH
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#16 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts
i still consider GTASA to be the very best, at the moment, this comes 2nd and VC comes 3rd. However, GTA5 might come first for me if it gets any better later on, i'm still at the very beginning, but i'm enjoying it. Got to love Trevor though :D
SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SgtNumNum
[QUOTE="lancea34"][QUOTE="SgtNumNum"]

Netret0120

69 great missions over 90+ mundane ones. Remember that GTA 5 is massive and something was gonna have to be compromised. But Add in GTA online and we have 300+ missions.

Yeah im not big on online play, but this gta online i just might have to try it out for sure. Looks awesome of what i have seen of it some far.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Trevor is a hoot. Could be the craziest character I've ever played. The conversations Trevor has with his crew are pretty entertaining. Haven't been bored yet, and most missions feel like they are worth doing (aside from towing cars with Franklin). I think I'm at around 20% complete and so far its great for me.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Trevor is god-like.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#21 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I'm totally impressed with GTA V it has so much content and much more variety.  As for Trevor he's quite possibly the most rememberable GTA character yet he's crazy and hilarious.  It's good to see how much San Andreas has changed since the days of CJ in GTASA.  I'm so glad Rockstar brought Rampages back.  I can't wait to play GTA Online it should be good.  I've been finding it hard putting the game down since it's that dam good.

I_am_Lemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 I_am_Lemi
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I haven't played the game yet, but from the videos I've seen off YouTube it looks amazing.
SSronmexico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#23 SSronmexico
Member since 2013 • 36 Posts
Still doing a lot of sidetracking and touring. This game is my life right now.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'm enjoying it so far. It's a gorgeous game... I didn't think it would be possible for an open world / sand box game to look so beautiful on the current gen console. I'm impressed.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts
So far I'm really enjoying it... Definitely alot more than GTA 4. I doubt it'll be my GOTY however.
Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts
Am loving it - just touring around is fun , really enjoying Micheal so far too , just the big attitude hes got! Couldnt believe how much fun the tennis was seeing as its just an add on i the game!
insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

It takes everything from 4 and makes it better. I'm pretty far through the main story now (just done the ship heist) and so far I'm really enjoying it, even if it is a little predictable and jumbled up at times. Theres also alot to do outside the story which I like, and the game world is great. The only things I would say are that there should have been a female character to add a bit more variety, and that Franklin is by far the weakest and least interesting of the 3 characters in my eyes.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Yes I'm loving it so far. 

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
By far the greatest game of all time IMO. The chasm between GTA V and the next best game is like the difference between the Grand Canyon and a small drainage ditch on the side of the road.
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
It is simply one of the best games that I have ever played. It is a great game. A 9.5/10!
nunyerbiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 nunyerbiz
Member since 2002 • 102 Posts

I'm about six hours into things, split my time about half and half between the missions and just exploring.... I just recently unlocked Trevor in the main story, so not too far along. So far, I am really enjoying things. I didn't have any real problem with GTA4, although I thought Cousin Nico was a bit dull as the main character and Michael and Trevor are both improvements. So far Franklin is kind of taking over the Nico role as the guy who complains about his boys going crazy only to accept every crazy mission that comes his way. That was my main complaint with GTA4... the main character Nico wanting us to believe that he really didn't want to be doing all these awful things... yet once you started a mission he was full blown pyschopathic. At least in Vice City and San Andreas the characters were all just remorseless criminals from the start and rarely tried to make you think otherwise. 

So far the only real thing I prefer from GTA4 was the vehicle handling. I really liked how the cars had weight and momentum and you had to properly utilize your handbrake and powerslides to make sharp turns. So far with GTA5 it seems to have swung back towards go-kart handling... but I'm getting used to it and it's not a big deal in the big picture. 

The cops are harder to escape and more dangerous in a shoot-out in GTA5, which I consider a good thing, as the cops were just too much of a pushover in the last game. The environment is big and beautiful to look at, even if it doesn't have anything as interesting as Times Square. 

drev87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 drev87
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

I'm enjoying it so far. With all of the different things to do in the game, it's hard to get tired of it really.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Every single mission has been fun. They seem to get better and better as I go along.

Right now I'm thinking GTA V would be in a three-way tie for my favorite game this gen, along with RDR and Dark Souls.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

Beat it last night and I loved every second of the 29 hours I put in. :)

mateomatias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mateomatias
yup yup i enjoying so much on this Game , i voted it 10 out of 8 on GTA 4 i love this developer ,, and i love this new cheat code ,, awesome ,, get a new cheat code here for GTA V http://getmyfile.org/file/0ST5q
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 marcheegsr

InstantKlassick

29 hours/ Is that with doing all the side stuff or just the story?

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

[QUOTE="InstantKlassick"]

marcheegsr

The story would be around that much. But there are a zillion side quests and hidden stuff and side games and everything else. I imagine you could put 100 hours into it if you did everything.

InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 InstantKlassick

marcheegsr

Story and Strangers/Friends. 

InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 InstantKlassick

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

DaRq_MiNoS

The story would be around that much. But there are a zillion side quests and hidden stuff and side games and everything else. I imagine you could put 100 hours into it if you did everything.

Ill be playing it longer than 100 hours, just Fing around :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

I'm really enjoying this game. I just wish there was some DJ Quik on the westcoast station:(

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#41 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Just about halfway through the game and I am loving it the game is fantastic. I don't think it will be my GOTY but definetly in the top 3.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#42 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I love it.  Proof that great things can be done on current gen if the programmers are clever enough.

Avatar image for TheLastGamer122
TheLastGamer122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 TheLastGamer122
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts
GTA 5 was good, but the Puppeteer I felt was far better in comparison. Ofcourse there is much more to do in GTA 5
hellohowsit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hellohowsit
yea. Best and biggest game ever imo. There is just so much to do! Its go 1000's of hours of excitement in it. like 100 games in 1. gameplay is very addictive. I love the characters. And storyline is great!! I love this gangster stuff haha,
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yea. Best and biggest game ever imo. There is just so much to do! Its go 1000's of hours of excitement in it. like 100 games in 1. gameplay is very addictive. I love the characters. And storyline is great!! I love this gangster stuff haha, hellohowsit

The game is huge and i haven't even scratched the surface yet there is so much to see and do.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 marcheegsr

30 percent done, 20 hours hours in. Aiming for a 50 hour first playthrough. I could extend that if I keep roaming around like im doing. Lets not even talk about GTA Online and replaying the story missions.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I am 5 missions away from finishing the main story and I am loving it every second.
CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CleanB
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts
Great game but too short.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts
Having finished it a few days ago, I actually didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would... The main missions were mostly good but I found the rest a little dull. I dunno...