Seeking advice: i have an Xbox360, want to get PS4 or PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deathamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Deathamus
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Well the situation is that i have an xbox360 and would like to play PS exlusive titles (like God of war (played the ones that were on PS2), Last of us and so on). The thing is that as you all know at the moment PS4 doesn't have the option of letting you play any PS3 exlusives (well atleast not the ones that are being remade). I heard about the PS now cloud system, but i'm a bit sceptical about it since i live in europe (lithuania to be exact and they don't even have my country as an option if i want to create an account :D). So the dillema is that i have the money right now to buy the PS4 or PS3 and after a couple of months i might not have that money, so i'm wondering is it worth buying the PS3 solely for it's exlusives (since everything else i pretty much played on Xbox360) or risk it with PS4 which doesn't really have much to offer right now.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome, thank you for you time :)

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

The answer depends on how many PS3 exclusives do you plan on playing/trying? What type of game genres do you like? Off the top of my head I can name the following PS3 exclusives worth playing:

The Uncharted series

The Infamous series

Metal Gear Solid 4

The Resistance series

The Killzone series

God of War 3 & Ascension

Ratchet and Clank(TOD, CIT, ITN, QFB)

Heavy Rain

Valkyria Chronicles

Journey

Catherine(not sure of this came out on 360)

Demon's Souls

Little Big Planet series

The Gran Turismo series

the "Tales" series

Puppeteer

If you're the type to try anything and everything then I say the above list of games should keep you busy for the foreseeable future. If you only like certain genres like shooters and action/adventure then I'm not sure and perhaps you should invest in the future and get a PS4(come October, the library should expand a bit).

Deathamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deathamus

I play pretty much any genre game as long as it's good :) all the games you mentioned are pretty much why i always questioned my choice to buy xbox360 in the first place. Well thank you for your input I'll most probably buy PS3 even though i love the idea of having the next gen console instead of buying a second console of the same gen. Too bad the Playstation Now is a bit too big of mistery right now: will it work, when and where,

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

I'm still not clear on how PS Now works out ,but if it somehow enables you to play PS3 games on PS4 ,then I'd recommend you to buy PS4.
Don't worry ,they'll eventually bring the technology to Europe as well.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I'd take a look at the games currently out for PS4 and the ones coming before the end of the year. How many of these do you like the look of? If you can see even a few you really want to play go ahead and get one.

There's no point getting a PS3 if you can afford a PS4 it's a backward step and you played the multi plats on 360 already. Even Uncharted is rumoured to be coming to PS4 in some kind of collection too so yeah, PS4 all the way in my opinion.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'd say get a PS3 at this point. They are cheaper, and have tons of games. The PS4 is a great system, but right now there is not much good exclusively on it. Pick one up later when the price drops.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

I'd say get a PS3 at this point. They are cheaper, and have tons of games. The PS4 is a great system, but right now there is not much good exclusively on it. Pick one up later when the price drops.

It has a ton of games he's already played on 360 and he doesn't care that it's cheaper he has the money for a PS4. I doubt he's worried about what's exclusive on PS4 unless he has an X1 as well and he hasn't mentioned that so let's assume this is his new main console in which case buying a PS3 would be pretty stupid.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'd get a PS3 now and a PS4 in the future.

You have A LOT of catching up to do on PS3 and the PS4 is still young and doesn't have a lot of games.

That said, I own all of the machines.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@coasterguy65 said:

It has a ton of games he's already played on 360 and he doesn't care that it's cheaper he has the money for a PS4. I doubt he's worried about what's exclusive on PS4 unless he has an X1 as well and he hasn't mentioned that so let's assume this is his new main console in which case buying a PS3 would be pretty stupid.

The PS4 only has what at this point that you can't play other places? Shadow Fall, Knack, and Second Son. There are quite a few games on the PS3 that are not on the 360. See # 2 above for a good list.

Of course if the TC is talking about making the console his new main console, then sure the PS4 might be the better future proof console. I'm guessing the TC knows this, and is mainly interested in which console has the most exclusives he can play now, that aren't on the 360. Like he said in the OP.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

you should go to metacritic and decide. Compare what you like and dislike. PS3 has loads of games, but the games are kind of dated with graphics and gameplay. There are a lot of games coming this fall. So it depends on what you want

Deathamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Deathamus

Thank you all for your input and advice. As someone pointed out i did play pretty much all the games that are on both consoles, so my main reason to buy PS3 is only for it's exclusives mentioned in the list (and those that are not mentioned as well). If i buy PS4 that would be my main console since i do not have the money to buy both ps4 and x1. As i mentioned before, buying ps4 seems like taking a leap of faith, right now they do not have that much to offer which i cannot play on PC (well infamous and some other titles, but i'd like to play the first infamous parts before the new one). So buying PS4 would be with hopes that the upcoming games will make it worth while plus that PS Now will actually work in Europe (including my country which is not in the list when trying to create an account in their forums). The most reasonable choice is to probably wait, although i'm afraid i'll spend the money elsewhere that way... If luck will be on my side i just might find someone willing to swap consoles with me, that would probably be ideal, since having both consoles is really unnecessary at this point (unless there's going to be an xbox360/x1 exclusive in the future so great it could melt my brains).

Well to sum it up I have another question: do you think paying about 200-300 (or 100 pounds if i can swap/sell my xbox for ps3) pounds (right now i'm in UK) is worth the chance to play PS3 exclusives or patience is the key and I should wait and see what happens with PS4?

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Get PS4

Its called cloud gaming

locus-solus