Resistance changed it for me

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
i normally hate FPS, but this one is suprisingly fun. i didnt buy it cause i normally hate em, but i borrowed it from my brother, and wow, its great, not sure why it didnt get a 9+, the physics are great, gameplay is fun, weapons are cool as hell, online is great. sometimes i wonder about reviewers...
socomn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 socomn00b
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts
Same here, I bought my PS3 last night and they have it where you get a free rental once a month for the whole year so I rented Resistance. It's a pretty good game and I hate FPS's. I can't wait to take it online.
Ciocio313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ciocio313
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

resistence is cool

but its alot of biased reviewers that loves to suck microsofts privates

im a gamers gamer

ive been playing video games since i was a baby in the 80s and i know what are good games and what are not good games

because ive been playing games for so long

and resistence is better than gears of war to me or any fps on xbox

i dont know why they didnt give resistence fall of man a higher score than gears of war

halo is overrated, its just a graphics hore of a game, with boring gameplay

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gzus666
halo was fun, i will admit that, but i only liked the multi player, not the game. gears is a 3rd person shooter, not a first. i used to play FPS's a lot when i was younger, back when the original wolfenstein 3D, and played most of them like blake stone, hexen, doom, quake, etc. but just got sick of em. most of the games i played were like space quest, kings quest, etc. for a long time. this game though kinda put me back to liking the genre. although i will always love 3rd person shooters more, this one is very good
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
Yep that review made no sense at all.  The reviewer claimed that it does everything at least as well if not better then the best of the modern shooters.  He then goes on to rate it lower then all of them. haha
JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts

Yep that review made no sense at all.  The reviewer claimed that it does everything at least as well if not better then the best of the modern shooters.  He then goes on to rate it lower then all of them. hahaTOSgamer10

hahahah so true

Avatar image for functioningbadl
functioningbadl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 functioningbadl
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts

I really like playing FPS games, I liked Halo, it was a very good, loved Gears of War even though you can finish the game in one sitting, two at best. It's multiplayer is where it shines but I believe it would be more fun if you can have more people in, but that's just me.

Then came Resistance, good character, AMAZING weapon line-ups, engaging enemies, great graphics and excellent online play. This game can satisfy any FPS fan or have non-FPS players want to play.

babenjorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 babenjorge
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
I never liked FPS either until this one. I love resistance!!!!
yungboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yungboi
Member since 2003 • 1466 Posts

The physics in the glass breaking is incredible.

thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
Does anyone else love the feeling when you shoot a rocket launcher at an object and it actually explodes and the glass shatters so wonderfully?!
bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bkslayer
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
Does anybody love how you can engage in some huge battles and not experience any bit of lag on the system....unlike in GeoW. I love Gears alot, but it impressed me only for so long. Resistance has that lasting effect of, "how the heck they pulled this off??".

P.S. Anybody noticed that fanboy up there?
bytuiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bytuiop
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
I agree 100% I live in the uk have a *** ps3 and this game is fantastic.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

Does anybody love how you can engage in some huge battles and not experience any bit of lag on the system....unlike in GeoW. I love Gears alot, but it impressed me only for so long. Resistance has that lasting effect of, "how the heck they pulled this off??".

P.S. Anybody noticed that fanboy up there?
bkslayer

yea Rfom is freakin fun.  So is GeoW i play it daily basically, or use to.  multiplayer has too many flaws like shots missing and glitches and just stupid **** that shouldnt happen and everyone knows it.  the rating of 9.6 makes me question the reviewers as well.  sure maybe a low 9 but its far from being that perfect.  it has the graphics and weapons and fun gameplay but they fell short.

ahem sry about that i know this isnt about Gears.  I love the battles in resistance though, very intense.  i hope more games are 32+ players on PS3 from now on

oh_its_on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 oh_its_on
Member since 2004 • 248 Posts

Ciocio313
OMG i thought i was the only one that thought halo was boring, i never got into it the gameplay was just reptative and boring, i havnt played resistence yet but itll be the first ame i buy wen the PS3 comes out in march! i got gears of war and think thats a great game, but resitence souunds more like my kinda game.
Shacks210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#16 Shacks210
Member since 2006 • 4633 Posts

i normally hate FPS, but this one is suprisingly fun. i didnt buy it cause i normally hate em, but i borrowed it from my brother, and wow, its great, not sure why it didnt get a 9+, the physics are great, gameplay is fun, weapons are cool as hell, online is great. sometimes i wonder about reviewers...Gzus666

Dude I am the same way. LOL

I normaly hate FPS, but Resistance is so much fun!

Avatar image for -_Aceofspades_-
-_Aceofspades_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -_Aceofspades_-
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
i normally hate FPS, but this one is suprisingly fun. i didnt buy it cause i normally hate em, but i borrowed it from my brother, and wow, its great, not sure why it didnt get a 9+, the physics are great, gameplay is fun, weapons are cool as hell, online is great. sometimes i wonder about reviewers...Gzus666
Me as well, Gzus. There is not much to hate about this game, innovative weapons, long single player, fun mulitplayer.... etc
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
I ususally prefer 3rd person shooters like Socom, but Resistance is an awesome game that I'm loving right now. It's definately the best FPS out right now. The games got the depth and detail to warrant it being in the category of a classic. There is a lot of on screen action always going on which keeps the game fun. If they were able to nail this game this well considering it was a launch title, this bodes well for Resistance 2 and for the upcoming releases on PS3 which will use more of the system's power, and more blu-ray space.
blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts
Why is it even when no one says a bad thing about R:FOM, people still can't but help compare it to Gears and Halo and "how much F@$&ing better it is"?

It's like fanboys just bait other fanboys.  Resistance is a great game, love it for what it is and stop putting other games down.
Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Odissius
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

resistence is cool

im a gamers gamer

ive been playing video games since i was a baby in the 80s and i know what are good games and what are not good games

i dont know why they didnt give resistence fall of man a higher score than gears of war

Ciocio313
Lol...Judging by your writing style you are obviously 13 or younger...you are not 20+ as you claim to be... And the reason why it didn't get the rating you guys say it should have is because the game is just a regular FPS...nothing incredibly innovative... Please get real fanboys.
F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts
wow you guys are getting me excited about the ps3, i won a poker tournament for 2k yesterday, i was thinking of taking some of my winnings and buying one.
halloweenfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 halloweenfan
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts
Resistance didn't get a high grade for three reasons: 1. Greg Kasavin reviewed it 2. It's not for Xbox 360 3. It's not Halo
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Ciocio313"]

resistence is cool

im a gamers gamer

Odissius
Lol...Judging by your writing style you are obviously 13 or younger...you are not 20+ as you claim to be... And the reason why it didn't get the rating you guys say it should have is because the game is just a regular FPS...nothing incredibly innovative... Please get real fanboys.

um, i would say the innovation would be the great physics, the amazing AI (they dont just sit there when you fire at them, and if they see you they move, especially when you try to snipe em close, they also flank you) the weapons are cool as hell, it changed the FPS genre for me, cause i was very bored of it otherwise. as i said, halo was fun, i preferred the 1st one the most, but only the multiplayer, and it wasnt amazing in any of the categories i just named, it was just pretty fun with other people
Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Odissius
[QUOTE="Odissius"][QUOTE="Ciocio313"]

resistence is cool

im a gamers gamer

Gzus666

um, i would say the innovation would be the great physics, the amazing AI (they dont just sit there when you fire at them, and if they see you they move, especially when you try to snipe em close, they also flank you) the weapons are cool as hell, it changed the FPS genre for me, cause i was very bored of it otherwise. as i said, halo was fun, i preferred the 1st one the most, but only the multiplayer, and it wasnt amazing in any of the categories i just named, it was just pretty fun with other people

Good god, are you serious? The A.I freaking blows in Resistance...some of the worst I have seen... And as for innovation in physics, have you ever heard of Half-Life 2... Try Again....
blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blue-fish
[QUOTE="Odissius"][QUOTE="Ciocio313"]

resistence is cool

im a gamers gamer

Gzus666

You are joking right?  Are we supposed to take you seriously?
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Odissius"][QUOTE="Ciocio313"]

resistence is cool

im a gamers gamer

Odissius

Good god, are you serious? The A.I freaking blows in Resistance...some of the worst I have seen... And as for innovation in physics, have you ever heard of Half-Life 2... Try Again....

yes, i played half life 2, my brother used to live on that game, half life has pretty good physics, but not as good as R:FOM, my brother, who touted half-life as one of the greatest FPS's ever even said he sees the difference. how is the AI crap? you obviously dont test it out, im starting to think you dont play the game at all. which game has better AI that you can name? especially console games
socomn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 socomn00b

The physics in the glass breaking is incredible.

yungboi
I finally noticed last night how awesome the physics are. Driving around on one of the levels in a jeep and all these Chimera are shooting at me, running them down and how realistic they fly through the air and hit the ground or buildings. Blew me away.
Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Odissius
[QUOTE="Odissius"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Odissius"][QUOTE="Ciocio313"]

resistence is cool

im a gamers gamer

Gzus666

yes, i played half life 2, my brother used to live on that game, half life has pretty good physics, but not as good as R:FOM, my brother, who touted half-life as one of the greatest FPS's ever even said he sees the difference. how is the AI crap? you obviously dont test it out, im starting to think you dont play the game at all. which game has better AI that you can name? especially console games

The original Halo had better A.I.....and F.E.A.R (on the PC) has better A.I. And I have a PS3 and Resistance (my only game).
olimcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 olimcool
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts
i definetly think resistance is better than any halo.  Although i think gears is the best out of all three because the gameplay is different, more intense, and more fun.  I wish so badly ps3 had gears.  I didnt think it would be that good at first because only eight people could play online at a time.  Yet, it is really good becauseyou get one life in a round so more weight is put on that life. Unlike in resistance or halo where if you die it doesnt matter because you are reborn.  Also i like the weapon use more in gears, even though there are more in resistance.  I love being able to chainsaw people or shotgun them to pieces.  More people online is not always better, sometimes i get really anoyed in resistance when you spawn and die right away because someone is right there.  I know it seems as if i am bashing resistance, but i do enjoy it and think it is a great game.  I just find gears more entertaining and hate it that i can not get it for ps3.
socomn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 socomn00b
And the guy who said the A.I. blows doesn't know a thing. For once I'm playing a FPS where the enemies actually TRY to get out of the way of my bullets by either moving side to side or ducking behind cover.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gzus666
the original halo AI was pretty junky, and i know for a fact they never flanked you in Halo. played fear, that game was crap all around, except for the completely explosive enviroments
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gzus666
And the guy who said the A.I. blows doesn't know a thing. For once I'm playing a FPS where the enemies actually TRY to get out of the way of my bullets by either moving side to side or ducking behind cover.socomn00b
i think he has some bone to pick with Sony, or he wants to just start an argument, either way, its sad
DarkNeji14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarkNeji14
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
i just played GoW today at a gamestore and my resistence is x2 better espiscally the online GoW's online sucks so bad (my opinion). But GoW does have better graphics and sound effects maybe why it got a better score. The gameplay of resistence is way better than GoW , the weapons are sick and creative
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
Same here man. Resistance changed it for me, and yes i played both halos b4 (completely overrated, i got the 1st one for pc tho). i gave resistance a a perfect 10, simply because it made me truly appreciate the FPS genre, and it's a hell of a game too
blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blue-fish
i just played GoW today at a gamestore and my resistence is x2 better espiscally the online GoW's online sucks so bad (my opinion). But GoW does have better graphics and sound effects maybe why it got a better score. The gameplay of resistence is way better than GoW , the weapons are sick and creativeDarkNeji14

HAHA, so now we know you're biased, lieing too maybe? So you played it for 10 min at a store and you judge it aginst a game you paid $600 to be able to play? Not only that but you judge it's multiplayer which you have just confessed to never touching.

Same here man. Resistance changed it for me, and yes i played both halos b4 (completely overrated, i got the 1st one for pc tho). i gave resistance a a perfect 10, simply because it made me truly appreciate the FPS genre, and it's a hell of a game too Rakuho

*sigh* So Halo is "completely overrated" but you gave resistance a perfect score...  *breaks down and weeps at the ignorance of his fellow man*

Resistance is a great game, leave Gears, Halo and your inner fanboy on your home page please.
Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Odissius
And the guy who said the A.I. blows doesn't know a thing. For once I'm playing a FPS where the enemies actually TRY to get out of the way of my bullets by either moving side to side or ducking behind cover.socomn00b
Are you serious? The enemies automatically know where you are no matter what...they shoot you from freaking far away... Honestly, the A.I was terrible in the game....just admit to it, please...
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

GregK's review is accurate. If you HAVE played any FPS's on consoles, Halo 1 is still the king. Not Halo 2, and not GeoW (since it's 3rd person). I was still impressed by Resistance tho, but it really didn't do anything dramatically different. This is teh reason why I skipped on buying resistance (rented it and beat it - one of the LONGEST FPS campaigns I've ever played...very impressive).

I am now waiting for Rainbow Six: Vegas, because it at least has teh behind-the-cover function I want so badly in FPS's nowadays.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gzus666
[QUOTE="socomn00b"]And the guy who said the A.I. blows doesn't know a thing. For once I'm playing a FPS where the enemies actually TRY to get out of the way of my bullets by either moving side to side or ducking behind cover.Odissius
Are you serious? The enemies automatically know where you are no matter what...they shoot you from freaking far away... Honestly, the A.I was terrible in the game....just admit to it, please...

ive never seen that, i snipe about half the normal chimera with the carbine, and unless they see me, which they usually dont unless im out in the open, and actually posing a threat to them, i take em out with a good head shot most of the time. i had one point where i was on a top level, and i could see one of the chimera through the boards, and i took a aimed shot, and he noticed me before i could aim, and ducked. thats not the only time, just an example, also we are talking a mutated creature, they might have better eyesight, and maybe that is reflected in game, but it is never unrealistically far. i have a good feeling your biased against Sony for some reason. while you say you own it, seems like there is a good chance you dont own it, if you dont like it, why not sell it?
Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Odissius
[QUOTE="Odissius"][QUOTE="socomn00b"]And the guy who said the A.I. blows doesn't know a thing. For once I'm playing a FPS where the enemies actually TRY to get out of the way of my bullets by either moving side to side or ducking behind cover.Gzus666

ive never seen that, i snipe about half the normal chimera with the carbine, and unless they see me, which they usually dont unless im out in the open, and actually posing a threat to them, i take em out with a good head shot most of the time. i had one point where i was on a top level, and i could see one of the chimera through the boards, and i took a aimed shot, and he noticed me before i could aim, and ducked. thats not the only time, just an example, also we are talking a mutated creature, they might have better eyesight, and maybe that is reflected in game, but it is never unrealistically far. i have a good feeling your biased against Sony for some reason. while you say you own it, seems like there is a good chance you dont own it, if you dont like it, why not sell it?

Keep doubting...it's sitting in the living room... I just get angry when a bunch of fanboys say a game is so amazingly great, when in fact it is not.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rakuho

[QUOTE="DarkNeji14"]i just played GoW today at a gamestore and my resistence is x2 better espiscally the online GoW's online sucks so bad (my opinion). But GoW does have better graphics and sound effects maybe why it got a better score. The gameplay of resistence is way better than GoW , the weapons are sick and creativeblue-fish

HAHA, so now we know you're biased, lieing too maybe? So you played it for 10 min at a store and you judge it aginst a game you paid $600 to be able to play? Not only that but you judge it's multiplayer which you have just confessed to never touching.

Same here man. Resistance changed it for me, and yes i played both halos b4 (completely overrated, i got the 1st one for pc tho). i gave resistance a a perfect 10, simply because it made me truly appreciate the FPS genre, and it's a hell of a game too Rakuho

*sigh* So Halo is "completely overrated" but you gave resistance a perfect score...  *breaks down and weeps at the ignorance of his fellow man*

Resistance is a great game, leave Gears, Halo and your inner fanboy on your home page please.

Not ignorance but preference my foolish friend. Halo didn't do it for me Resistance did. End of story. (on a side note halo is a good game but not worth the rating it recieved i gave it 8. And gears, haven't played it so why should mention it. read again why i gave it the score... I'm not a fan of FPS's Resistance made it fun for me, so don't argue or judge my preferences. it has nothing to do with what system the games on, trust me there is no fanboy blood in my veins.

thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Odissius"][QUOTE="socomn00b"]And the guy who said the A.I. blows doesn't know a thing. For once I'm playing a FPS where the enemies actually TRY to get out of the way of my bullets by either moving side to side or ducking behind cover.Odissius

Keep doubting...it's sitting in the living room... I just get angry when a bunch of fanboys say a game is so amazingly great, when in fact it is not.

OMG Resistance is an amazingly great game. OMG Resistance is an amazingly great game. Your Logic? 2 cents Your Pride? 11 cents Getting angry over a video game? Priceless
blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blue-fish
Not ignorance but prefferability my foolish friend. Halo didn't do it for me Resistance did. End of story. (on a side note halo is a good game but not woth the rating it recived i gave it 8) And gears, haven't played it so why should mention it. read again why i gave it the score.. sigh.Rakuho

Just because you say you're biased doesn't mean you're not being hypocritical. And true, you didn't mention Gears, but the bazillion Sony fans before you did, it was a more general statement.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Odissius"][QUOTE="socomn00b"]And the guy who said the A.I. blows doesn't know a thing. For once I'm playing a FPS where the enemies actually TRY to get out of the way of my bullets by either moving side to side or ducking behind cover.Odissius

how am i fanboy, i liked halo a lot, played 1 and 2 all the time with my friends, to the point to where i would go over to the LAN parties they had with 16 people or more, it was a blast. you seem a bit more of the "fanboy" since all you do is discount it when your reasons have no basis, id love to see this amazing feat where the chimera know exactly where you are, and shoot from so far away. anytime they shot at me, i could always hit them in the head back, so they werent that far away. sights do help you shoot further, and seeing as most rifles have a 300 or so yard range, its hard to discount them as shooting from too far away, lemme guess, never shot a military rifle before? much less a rifle at all. ive got a Bushmaster M16A2 carbine sitting in my room, very similar to the rifle used in the game, and it deffinately is very easy to shoot far even with iron sights, so i wouldnt think the chimera weapons should be less accurate since they are supposed to be more advanced i didnt think this game was very good at first, till my brother lent it to me. i played the demo, it was ok,. but not spectacular, till my brother showed me the final levels, all the weapons, and i got to see more of the game. it impressed me, sorry my opinion doesnt fit with yours, apparently anyone who disagrees with you is a "fanboy", pull the stick out of your ass, i enjoyed the game for those reasons, and it seems to drive you crazy. it was good enough to get good scores from lots of reviewers, so it did something right.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rakuho
Why? is it because i think resistance is better than halo? well i didn't mean to make xbox fans cry but that's my opinion. nothing hypocritical here. Halo is still good and my score of perfect 10 for Res. had nothin to do with graphics, sound, etc. just my fun level w/ the game. (Res=10 Halo=8 ) how can you agrue opinion? It's a bad habbit.
red_fire4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 red_fire4
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts
i;m agree
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rakuho

i;m agreered_fire4

W/ who?

Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

[QUOTE="red_fire4"]i;m agreeRakuho

W/ who?

with batman of course

socomn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 socomn00b
Gzuz covered everything I was going to say.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Maybe their opinions are differents then yours?? Ohh wait a minite I forget people aren't allowed to have opinions now adays:roll:... imo...its a good game buts its not a 9+ game.