Regretting buying the PS3....

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chickener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 chickener
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts

I kinda regret buying a Playstation 3 last november when they first came out, because now it seems like you can get it for much much cheaper. The version most of the true sony fans, as well as i,bought was most likely the 60gb version, sold last november, and now you see people spending only $400 bucks for the same thing. It seems to me that people who are buying them now are actually really lucky as a ton of great games will finally be coming to the PS3 this holiday and they can also get free blu ray movies, games, and other bundles for still cheaper than what it cost us just a year ago. Like you can get a 80gb version with a free motorstorm game for only $500. If i knew this dramatic price drop was gonna happen i probably would have just sold my 60gb version last year on ebay so i can make a huge profit for this holiday season, and get a reasonable price for a PS3 bundle.

pacomontoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pacomontoya
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
I don't regret it. I wouldn't have had all the great fun I have had with it.
mastamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mastamo
Member since 2007 • 387 Posts

Haha I think of that quite often too dude, I got my PS3 Jan 2007. Well we still have backward compatability =]

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
Well thats always the same with new consoles when they come out.I paid £300 for the old X-Box when it originally came out+bowt 6months later it was reduced by about £100.But i didn't regret buying it,cos I had it more or less from launch+my mates were well impressed.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
i regret coming into this thread just to read another "poor me" thread. boo hoo. You were an early adopter just like a lot of the people out there. You take the chance. i'm happy with my 60 GB that has the EE chip.
aaron6581230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 aaron6581230
Member since 2005 • 2133 Posts
Try sending in you 5 movie form and see if it works. I remember one person on this board getting their movies with a launch ps3
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

Haha I think of that quite often too dude, I got my PS3 Jan 2007. Well we still have backward compatability =]

mastamo
atleast u got to play resistance for a year and own everyone ^_^ and can still play ps2 games
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
Try sending in you 5 movie form and see if it works. I remember one person on this board getting their movies with a launch ps3aaron6581230
yea a few people have said they dont even look at the date you bought it, just want the receipt to makesure u didnt just steal a box and cut it out lol
pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I was thinking of buying the PS3 when it first came out but then decided to wait for a price drop. It worked since the PS3 is now $400 for the system and $500 for the bundle with motorstorm.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
i spent 842 $ on my PS3 and i dont regret it one bit!
jn2002dk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jn2002dk
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
Everyone knew that a price cut would come eventually. It doesn't bother me at all, i wanted one at launch so i got one. Besides, price cuts attracts more customers and a larger ps3 player base benefits all ps3 owners
cjbieva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cjbieva
Member since 2007 • 304 Posts

I don't regret my 60gig I'm loving it.

NOW STOP CRYING!!!

xooco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xooco
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts
I got my PS3 last week and even with the new options I still chose the 60gb. Of course I did take a free game and a blue ray remote with it for $500.
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
If you look at any hardware, it will go down in price after a year or 2. You chose to buy it in Nov., you pay the price. What, did you think it was going to stay $550 USD forever?
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

You never never never buy things when they first come out. I for one do not feel sorry for you. I love seeing these types of posts, because you are the same type of people that say during launch...OH YEA FIRST ONE WITH PS3 I OWN.

I mean come on unless this was your first system you brought you had to know price would drop. Truthfully yea you should have sold it on EBAY because there were people who would have paid $1000 for it or more. Wonder how they feel now at least ur not them.

P.S. change ur topic to regretting buying PS3 early.

Have a nice day.

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
i dont regret it either... glad i got my 60gb and PS2 BC. also definately enjoy the times I spent playing resistance, motorstorm and marvel ultimate alliance... good times.
bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 bjhean
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

pricedrops can never be avoided, and different bundles and such.

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
If you've got to have it at launch you are always going to pay a premium price. It's been like this for decades in console gaming.
gunnlaugur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gunnlaugur
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

yeah, i kinda regret now because some shops have now like packages with some games and my computer 100$ more than that amount without games. but still i feel good about buying it in the first place

necrosugarbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 necrosugarbear
Member since 2003 • 118 Posts

thats what you get for being an impatient americanized consumer.

gotta have it.

gotta have it.

gotta have it.

and i got a 60gig for the same price so dont feel bad.

DarkHandlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkHandlez
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts
well those of us with the 60 gig have the best of the best.:D
Insideous_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Insideous_rex
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

I don't regret it at all. I get full backwards compatibility and I've been enjoying blu-ray movies and PS2/PS3 games for most of this year. And since I bought it earlier, it motivated me to get an HDTV a few months ago, so now I'm all set for what's coming out this season.

If I waited until now, I probably wouldn't be getting an HDTV until next year, and games like HS wouldn't have been the same.

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
You want the privledge of being one of the first to own something, then you are going to pay more.
Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
this is what happens when you are early adopterbad deal, pay more, less games than a year laterthat ps2 had a life for a year later
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
That's the cost of having it early. Your time is worth something.
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
If you regret it, you should really just sell it asap instead of wasting time posting this. Obviously, you are still holding onto your ps3.
Nightrain76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nightrain76
Member since 2003 • 334 Posts
Your're regrettin getting a 60 gig last November? And to think there are people starving on the streets. Visit myspace.com/earl31 and you will feel better.
KoolEmpty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KoolEmpty
Member since 2002 • 1081 Posts
why, you have one of the best skus, and you've had lots of time to play it...ifI had to do it again I would...I don't mind having paid 300 bucks for the last year of PS3 gaming, and I'm quite happy to have a PS3 that is fully capable compared to the new 40Gig models...
KoolEmpty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KoolEmpty
Member since 2002 • 1081 Posts
why, you have one of the best skus, and you've had lots of time to play it...ifI had to do it again I would...I don't mind having paid 300 bucks for the last year of PS3 gaming, and I'm quite happy to have a PS3 that is fully capable compared to the new 40Gig models...
BrianC6234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BrianC6234
Member since 2002 • 245 Posts
I always laugh when people say something like this. Don't be an early adopter then. Like people who bought the iPhone. Three months later Apple already dropped the price. Why buy it at the start if you get upset over a price drop? The early models have all the features. The newer models are missing stuff. I bought a 60GB back in January and don't regret it at all. I never got into gaming to make money.
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

i dont regret anything..
i have had fun while
i have owned my ps3..
nothing can diminish.
the fact i own one..
maybe if gta4
was a 360 exclusive :P

Magusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Magusi
Member since 2004 • 369 Posts

I'm buying it tomorrow and I'm going for the 60g. I want the EE chip.

All I save is $100, I'm passing up the bundle.

antiredcap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 antiredcap
Member since 2007 • 1757 Posts

i spent 842 $ on my PS3 and i dont regret it one bit! jackle2071

In some Countries the going rate is still a LOT more than that, you were lucky!!!

Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

Buy in on a console at launch and you are almost guaranteed to get screwed. The early PS2's had disk read erros, the 360 had RRoD and the PS3 dropped 33% off the price in 6 months. None of them had games worth playing in the first year either.

That's the price you pay, remember it next time with the XBOX 420 & PS4.

Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

To me, this argument is really only valid for broke people, and honestly, if your so strapped for cash, then you don't belong spending hundreds of dollars on a new generation gaming system and software. Any gamer worth his or her salt shouldn't be worrying about the price drop.

I mean if your going to game that way, then why ever buy a game when it'snew? Just wait 2 years until you can buy said game for 20 or 30 bucks, and then your all good, you can enjoy everything way after it's prime. Because it's the same philosophy, you know in advance that the game and the console are going to drop in price in x amount of time, so either you get with the program and play it now and enjoy it for that extra time, or you wait. If you take option A, you have be ready for that drop and deal with it.

I just don't see what the big deal is, I'm spending 170 bucks on Rock Band alone this month, and my entire game cost for PS3 and 360 just this month, is going to be 650 dollars, just for games, and I'll be enjoying them all winter long. I'm not waiting two years so I can halve that amount. If that's the kind of attitude your going to take, then maybe you shouldn't be gaming. I realize that I'm an adult and have a good paying job and a wife who likes gaming as much as I do, so I probably am in a position to spend more aggressively than a lot of people, but it doesn't change the philosophy.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#36 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I kinda regret buying a Playstation 3 last november when they first came out, because now it seems like you can get it for much much cheaper. The version most of the true sony fans, as well as i,bought was most likely the 60gb version, sold last november, and now you see people spending only $400 bucks for the same thing. It seems to me that people who are buying them now are actually really lucky as a ton of great games will finally be coming to the PS3 this holiday and they can also get free blu ray movies, games, and other bundles for still cheaper than what it cost us just a year ago. Like you can get a 80gb version with a free motorstorm game for only $500. If i knew this dramatic price drop was gonna happen i probably would have just sold my 60gb version last year on ebay so i can make a huge profit for this holiday season, and get a reasonable price for a PS3 bundle.

chickener

`

You can never call your self a real gamer.

Sandmaester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sandmaester
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts
you guyz do realise these price drops happen ALL the time. thatz the one thing guaranteed with technology - wateva u buy 2day will be cheaper and otudated 2morrow. just a fact of life that as gamers we have 2 accept
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

You know this would happen would you. It always happen. Why didn't you wait?

I bought my 60GB in the European launch and I don't regret it one bit, because I knew that price cuts were going to happen in a short time because of the competition.

freak_c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freak_c
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

chickener

Where have you been?? Any new technology costs tons at the beginning and things always drop in price as they become more mainstream and cheaper to make. Hell I bought a HDTV and a month later it was already 1000 bucks cheaper. and I got at a good price.

Azuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Azuki
Member since 2004 • 1096 Posts
I regret bothering to get a 360, I could have had a ps3 so much sooner, sigh, live n learn.
ICEMAN9800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 ICEMAN9800
Member since 2006 • 657 Posts

chickener

Blog it

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#42 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

i regret coming into this thread just to read another "poor me" thread. boo hoo. You were an early adopter just like a lot of the people out there. You take the chance. i'm happy with my 60 GB that has the EE chip. tgschmidt

exactly...you should've waited if that was the case...like me...I purchased my 60Gb in September and have been having nonstop fun with it since...

bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bluegender
Member since 2006 • 1145 Posts

Drama queens.... you need to man up.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

I don't regret it. I wouldn't have had all the great fun I have had with it.pacomontoya

What he said..

nerdman60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nerdman60
Member since 2003 • 310 Posts
can i have your 60gb then?
degobah77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 degobah77
Member since 2006 • 1048 Posts
Early adopters always get the fatty end of the meat stick, it's the price you pay for having it before everyone else.
email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
I regret in reading this lame topic from a PS3 hater!
GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts
I figured, well everyone probably figured there was gonna be a price drop on the PS3 when it launched at 600 bucks. I took that into consideration and went on and bought the PS3 anyway. I don't regret getting a 60 gb for 600 because, if I had waited I probably would have ended up buying the 'over-hyped' Wii and would have been regretting it this holiday season (because the majority of games are being released for the PS3 and 360).
MGSPS3Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MGSPS3Freak
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

I have had no problems with my 60GB!

Would recommend the PS3 to everyone...

fntsycloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fntsycloud
Member since 2002 • 748 Posts
Stop whining, you knew a price drop would come and could have waited, but like me you probably HAD to have it. That being said, that entitles people like you and I to zero regret - so get over it and start enjoying your console.