Red Dead Redemption Sequel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jacen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jacen22
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

anybody hear any news on when or if they are even working on a red dead sequel. i loved red dead redemption and am really hoping the come out with another one hopefully this year

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

anybody hear any news on when or if they are even working on a red dead sequel. i loved red dead redemption and am really hoping the come out with another one hopefully this year

Jacen22
not yet, they too busy workin on L.A Noir at the moment
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I dont want a Red Dead sequel,i think they should invent a world of thier own rather than base it on existing worlds since its the only area they havent exploited yet. Lets see what Rockstars take on the futuristic world would look like

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="Jacen22"]

JoKeR_421

I believe RockStar San diego made RDR and Rockstar North is making L.A Noir.
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
L.A noire has nothing to do with Red Dead Redemption, not even the same devs. Anyways, not sure if there could be a sequel, it was pretty much then end of "far west" in RDR already.
SicklySunStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SicklySunStorm
Member since 2009 • 2004 Posts

I agree that another game in the RDR setting would be great, but as another said, we're really at the end of the old west in the RDR story. They could either go the prequel route, or like they did with GTA IV's episodes, just set another RDR title in the same period, with some of the same characters being involved, but giving you a new protagonist's eyes to see-through. I love how Rockstar's writers intermingle the characters and stories when they did this with GTA IV, so it could work really well for RDR.

However, I wouldn't like to see such a game too quickly - that's an indication of it being rushed out if you ask me. Luckily, Rockstar hardly have the reputation for ever doing that, so I trust when they do decide to do something more with the RDR universe, it will be something that's truly epic and worth the wait.

mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 mental_case_5
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

Does anyone even know that Red Dead Redemption is already a sequel to the game Red Dead Revolver. Not many people seem to know this. There will bea sequel. I gaurantee it

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="Jacen22"]

Fightingfan

Team Bondi is making LA NOIRE. (Go Aussies. We're actually making ahigh budgetbig game now!8))

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

L.A noire has nothing to do with Red Dead Redemption, not even the same devs. Anyways, not sure if there could be a sequel, it was pretty much then end of "far west" in RDR already.jack00

Whoever says it has to be set in a latter time period? GTA3's two "sequels" were both set years before that game.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

Does anyone even know that Red Dead Redemption is already a sequel to the game Red Dead Revolver. Not many people seem to know this. There will bea sequel. I gaurantee it

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="JoKeR_421"] not yet, they too busy workin on L.A Noir at the momentmental_case_5

Team Bondi is making LA NOIRE. (Go Aussies. We're actually making ahigh budgetbig game now!8))

Red Dead Redemption isn't a sequel to Red Dead Revolver. Besides being set in the West and have a similar dead eye mechanic, they're nothing alike both in gameplay and story. That's like saying GTA4 is a sequel to GTA3, it's not.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I want some AGENT news and GTA V news also.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="mental_case_5"]

I believe RockStar San diego made RDR and Rockstar North is making L.A Noir.Fightingfan

Red Dead Redemption isn't a sequel to Red Dead Revolver. Besides being set in the West and have a similar dead eye mechanic, they're nothing alike both in gameplay and story. That's like saying GTA4 is a sequel to GTA3, it's not.

GTA4 is a sequel to GTA3. it doenst have to follow the same story, but it is a the same game...updated. RDrevolver and RDredemption, both by rockstar, both in the west with the same idea. i guess Super Mario galaxy 2 isnt a sequel to SMG1 just because mario has some new suits and levels to play. I guess that COD doesnt get sequels every year as well uhhh?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="mental_case_5"]

da_chub

GTA4 is a sequel to GTA3. it doenst have to follow the same story, but it is a the same game...updated. RDrevolver and RDredemption, both by rockstar, both in the west with the same idea. i guess Super Mario galaxy 2 isnt a sequel to SMG1 just because mario has some new suits and levels to play. I guess that COD doesnt get sequels every year as well uhhh?

I see what you're saying but they're not "sequels" they're just a next alliteration in the same series.

NerdyDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NerdyDonut
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts

Team Bondi in Australia are developing L.A Noire, Rockstar are just publishing it. As for Red Dead Redemption, I would love to see a sequel following on from where RDR left off.

hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts

I dont want a Red Dead sequel,i think they should invent a world of thier own rather than base it on existing worlds since its the only area they havent exploited yet. Lets see what Rockstars take on the futuristic world would look like

megaspiderweb09
Yea, would love to see this.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="Jacen22"]

Fightingfan

ohhh, i thought they ONE company lol. well there u have it i guess
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Im not sure how else they can make the gameplay better. Maybe incorporate you getting your own posse and in control of it during SP. A sequel will be fine but they need to figure out how to make the game exciting and fresh and something new to explore.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I don't think we'll see a RDR sequel any time soon. There'll probably be a new GTA before another Red Dead. Both games are probably being made now. LA Noir won't effect their development because R* isn't developing it. Prediction; New GTA (R* North) in 2012, new RD (R* San Diego) in 2013.
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

google is your friend.

http://gamingbolt.com/red-dead-redemption-sequel-headed-our-way

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
[QUOTE="jack00"]L.A noire has nothing to do with Red Dead Redemption, not even the same devs. Anyways, not sure if there could be a sequel, it was pretty much then end of "far west" in RDR already.

That's true for the story, unless it's all set in Mexico or something. I don't see them doing it again so soon. With LA Noire, Infamous2, and possibly GTA5 coming soonish, I imagine Rockstar doesn't want to flood the open world market too much. Anyways, I played it almost a year ago so I could play it again without it being too familiar.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#22 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm sure there'll be another one in the future, but I'm hoping for GTA V first.

Jacen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jacen22
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

I'm sure there'll be another one in the future, but I'm hoping for GTA V first.

Venom_Raptor

i played GTA IV for a while but i lost interest about halfway through. i think theres alot of people out there that started but never finished GTA IV, my friends included. only know of 2 guys that beat it completely

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#24 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
It's one of those games that shouldn't be milked or sequel-ed. Honestly, RDR was an epic and amazing game, it should just stay the way it is.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
GTA V and redemption 2 i want see on the future
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#26 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I hope it doesn't come out because I want Agent and [spoiler] I couldn't stand playing an entire game as Jack. [/spoiler]

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I don't think you could justify making one. Unless your going to do a modern story.

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

I think the future story idea is a great one. I would like to see a GTA/Red Dead style game set in kind of a total recall enviornment. Futuristic mars or something. That would be alot of fun.

mattguy_c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattguy_c
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

These guys have made such great outlaws in their games, I'd like to see them take on other period-piece anti-heroes; Vikings, Pirates, Ninja's, Robin Hood, whatever.

LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

I wouldn't mind a sequel but I'd prefer a new game with a different setting and story. I wouldn't expect a sequel anyway anytime soon though because GTA V and L.A Noire are in the works.

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

google is your friend.

http://gamingbolt.com/red-dead-redemption-sequel-headed-our-way

POPEYE1716

looking at the date of the article, and actually reading the content of it is also your friend. its from september of last year, and the story has no source. someone just made "red dead revolution" up.

WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WhorrorLoLz
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts
To be honest; I wouldn't expect one any time soon.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#33 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well rockstar is busy with wii 2 devkits at the moment with that said i wouldnt expect one not to soon

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

It better not have a direct sequel. If it does have a sequel I would want new characters.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

The next game in the Red Dead series will be called Red Dead Revolution and will chronicle the involvement of John Marston's heroic escapades during the French Revolution.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

The next game in the Red Dead series will be called Red Dead Revolution and will chronicle the involvement of John Marston's heroic escapades during the French Revolution.

Scianix-Black

With a Special appearance from Ezio.

swiftninja360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 swiftninja360
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Red Dead Revolver was mostly developed by Capcom and Capcom was going to cancel the game so Rockstar took over the development and added to what Capcom had already developed. Red Dead Redemption is no sequel! If anything you can say it's a reinventation.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

If I was a betting man, I'd say you won't see a direct sequel to Red Dead Redemption. I truly believe that the story of John Marston is done, and he won't be featured in the next game. [spoiler] I also don't think Jack will be in a sequel, seeing as how the Wild West was dying [/spoiler] I also don't think we will see another Red Dead game until next-gen, and if we did see another one on the PS3 I would be VERY surprised. I would expect, however, a spiritual successor of sorts - however something with completely different characters.

emphaticleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 emphaticleech
Member since 2010 • 1113 Posts

[QUOTE="da_chub"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Red Dead Redemption isn't a sequel to Red Dead Revolver. Besides being set in the West and have a similar dead eye mechanic, they're nothing alike both in gameplay and story. That's like saying GTA4 is a sequel to GTA3, it's not. Fightingfan

I see what you're saying but they're not "sequels" they're just a next alliteration in the same series.

The term you're looking for is "Spiritual successor".

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I'd love to see another Red Dead game, but only if they put as much effort into it as they did with RDR. If it's going to be some rushed, half-assed thing, no thank you.

A prequel featuring John Marston while he was still a 'true' outlaw in the gang would be interesting, but I'd also be open to a new storyline following someone else. I think it'd be cool to see Marston towards the end of his gang days, falling out of favor with his old outlaw friends and lead in to the story of RDR.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#41 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

megaspiderweb09
I couldn't agree more. That would be amazing!
Avatar image for rockyreckless20
rockyreckless20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rockyreckless20
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I don't see a reason why Red Dead can't have a prequel/sequel just like GTA Series had. Understood, today's hardcore gamers armed with ultra swish weapons, encore,accessories, futuristic setting, space jets would not want to go back being a Wanted Outlaw shooting & being shot by outdated single calibur Revolvers. But RDR is different, such a unique experience amongst a bevy of FPS (all looking like same) including COD, Kill Zone, Medal of Homor, Crysis, Mass Effect, etc. I think a prequel to a RDR is definitely possible. We all know what John Marston did as a part of being an outlaw belonging to the "Dutch" gang in company of Bill Williamson, Javier Esquella et al, but we don't how, why & where he did this. I mean we can have a prequel of the game dating about 5-10 years before Red Dead Redemption timeline started.That would make a very interesting prequel where we come to learn more about John Marsten in his prime of youth, how he met his wife, how he met the gang, what circumstances made him join the "dutch gang", what all adventures he did as a part of the looting & killing he did as an outlaw. That would make a perfectly interesting game. I Suppose, Rock Star supposedly would have had this in mind while they made RDR, that's why not a lot is revealed about John's past except from the usual pre-action NPC conversation John had with various characters in beginning of each chapter.If ever Rock Star decide to build a prequel to RDR series, I would like to see them incorporate following theme/story lines in the new Game: 1. Some new Regions/Countries that fit the times of Wild West including desert clad Las Vegas, Some adventure in the Contiguous US consisting of Canda & Panama, icy Alaska, beach clad Hawaiii & so On. 2. Chapter 1 devoted to John's child hood, his story about being an orphan, the little works he did while growing up. The economic/social setting of that time including Politics, on-going socail/domestic revolution. 3. Chapter 2: John as an adult (21 years). Story about joining the Dutch Gang, Meeting his wife. 4. Chapter 3: His training as a Gun Slinger, his gradual rise as a PLAYER in the gang igniting the jealousy of fellow much older & experienced Bill Williamson & Javier Escuella. 5.Chapter 4: John Marston's graduation & his prime as an OUTLAW. The gang's adventure loots including some train robbery, bank robbery, forest robbery, Some Businessman Kidnapping, Attack on Police Station/Sherrif's Office to rescue fellow outlaws being captured. 6: Chapter 5: There could be a whole chapter devoted to how the gangs of those times fared. How Dutch's gang fought with other gangs, what was the silent code of operation, territory sharing, code-violation, eventual fights, break-ups, traitors in the gang, back-stabbings, jealousy, etc. 7.Chapter 6: There could also be some sub-characters that could be introduced to the plot just like Bonnie McFarlane, Nigel Dickens, Irish, etc each suffering from their own miseries & issues & how John comes to help them sort out their issues. 8.Chapter 7; Some story built around John's "Robin hood " nature of helping poor men/women, people in need of help, his eventual dis-illusion with being an "outlaw". There could be small sub-plots built around this just like it is in RDR of completing small tasks. 9. Chapter 8: John's eventual dislike for the in-fighting between Dutch, Bill W & Javier Esquella for leadership control of the gang. The gang's eventual realization of John's thoughts, further isolating John from other gang members including the top 3 members. 10. Chapter 9: Plan by Bill Williamson to get John killed in a robbery encounter. There could be some plot diversion built around here to stretch the stroy line further including failure on part of Bill Williamson getting John killed, cause on ever occasion the opposite happens, John coming to the rescue of the gang. Disagreement between Bill, Dutch & Javier whether to assassinate John or not given his good-will & popularity amongst other gang members. 11 Chapter 10: The gang finally coming over their predicament of not killing John due to a recent event/twist in plot, that causes the gang to almost being captured by Sheriff. Again there could be some sub-plot being developed which goes like this: In one of the loot encounters, the gang accidently injure Sheriff & his family, the sexy daughter of the sheriff is captured while John foils a rape attempt on the girl by one of the top 3 villains. John rescuing the girl, returning to safe harbor. Sheriff's encounter with John, forcing him to surrender, John refusing & leaving. Sheriff betraying John by following his hide-out & attacking Dutch Gang. 12 Chapter 11: Finally, the gang succeeds in getting John almost left for dead in a Bank Robbery. Dying John captured by Sheriff, sent to Jail. Encounters Edgar Ross. 13 Chapter 12: John serving jail sentence, while his kid & wife now taken under Edgar Ross custody. 14 Chapter 13: Gradual decline of the Dutch gang due to in-fighting between top three villains, foiled robbery attempts, growing mistrust between gang members, killing of some gang members by police & rival gangs. Finally the gang disbanded, Bill goes to Fort Merce hideout, Javier to Mexico & Dutch hiding in Tall Trees. 15 Chapter 14: The Game Ends with a linking up to Red Dead Redemption.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#43 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I'd love to see another Red Dead game, but only if they put as much effort into it as they did with RDR. If it's going to be some rushed, half-assed thing, no thank you.

A prequel featuring John Marston while he was still a 'true' outlaw in the gang would be interesting, but I'd also be open to a new storyline following someone else. I think it'd be cool to see Marston towards the end of his gang days, falling out of favor with his old outlaw friends and lead in to the story of RDR.

J-Man725

I agree with this 100%. Honestly, that would be the next logical step. I'm interested to see how Grand Theft Auto V turns out first then another Red Dead Redemption would be in order I think.