Question about installing games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UglyMoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UglyMoi
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi all,

I recently got my new PS3 console. I have two questions:

1- I was wondering how to install games on PS3 HDD

2- I have PES08 game, it has install option. I used it and it installed the game on my PS3 HDD, but i couldnt figure out how to run it from there.

Your help will be really appreciated.

BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BoobyUnger
Member since 2004 • 1305 Posts

lol ok you got it all wrong. the install option is for loading up some of the game onto your ps3, so that when you play the game it loads faster than normal rates because it does not have to get it all from the disc because it can refer to you hard disc.

in short this allows for faster loading times

UglyMoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UglyMoi

so what i did was right? and i only have to run the game from CD

thanks alot Booby

BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BoobyUnger
np man. just saves time on loading thats all.
Who_Said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Who_Said
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts

When you pop in a new game the first message you should get is the option to install data to the hard drive (if the game has that feature). Just click YES and let the PS3 take care of the rest.
It's not mandatory for all games but it does help with reducing load times. The space that is taken up is generally half a gigabyte to two gigabytes so you don't have much to worry about. The install time normally isn't long but unfortunately you can't do anything else on the PS3 while the data is installing. It might take a little bit but I believe it's well worth it. Makes the game a better experience overall. Shorter load times are always a plus.

BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BoobyUnger

When you pop in a new game the first message you should get is the option to install data to the hard drive (if the game has that feature). Just click YES and let the PS3 take care of the rest.
It's not mandatory for all games but it does help with reducing load times. The space that is taken up is generally half a gigabyte to two gigabytes so you don't have much to worry about. The install time normally isn't long but unfortunately you can't do anything else on the PS3 while the data is installing. It might take a little bit but I believe it's well worth it. Makes the game a better experience overall. Shorter load times are always a plus.

Who_Said

games usually take more than 2 gigs. skate took like 5gigs ut3 takes 5.5 oblivion take 3 warhawk like 1.2 ac is like 2. its just how big the game is on the disc or what it needs to process or load.

Who_Said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Who_Said
Ah, didn't read the last part of UglyMoi's post. Like BoobyUnger mentioned you still need the blu-ray disc to launch the game. Only part of the game data is installed but it does make a difference. Being able to copy the game completely to the PS3 would be a great feature but we'd need way bigger hard drives for that.
BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BoobyUnger

Ah, didn't read the last part of UglyMoi's post. Like BoobyUnger mentioned you still need the blu-ray disc to launch the game. Only part of the game data is installed but it does make a difference. Being able to copy the game completely to the PS3 would be a great feature but we'd need way bigger hard drives for that.Who_Said

if i plug my external hd in can i instal on there or no?

Who_Said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Who_Said

I didn't know that there were any other games besides Devil May Cry 4 that took up that much space on the hard drive. My games haven't needed more than 2 gigs. It's a great feature but I was really pleasantly surprised by Uncharted. No need for an install and hardly any load times.

UglyMoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UglyMoi

thanks alot all,

Being able to copy the game completely to the PS3 would be a great feature but we'd need way bigger hard drives for that.Who_Said

I need to copy one game only. So hard rive space is not an issue really.

Who_Said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Who_Said

I don't think you can. I'm pretty sure you can't transfer that information just like you can't transfer games and demos off the PS3 onto something else (like an external hd). From what I know I think you can only transfer game saves, videos, pictures, and music.

Who_Said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Who_Said
What you're copying is just part of the data. I meant the whole game. Since a blu-ray disc is 25 gigs or so it would take up a lot of space. But I don't think you have to worry about space on your ps3 unless you own +6 games. And you're welcome! glad to be of help UglyMoi.
BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BoobyUnger
worth a shot guess i can buy a terabyte drive if they have 2.5" can get a 1 teabyte external for like 200 bucks
UglyMoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UglyMoi
Thank u so much man. We the new comers here :P 4 posts each lol
Who_Said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Who_Said

Thank u so much man. We the new comers here :P 4 posts each lolUglyMoi

Yeah, you're right. Just joined up half an hour ago myself. These forums are a lot of help most of the time so I decided to join and see if I could be some sort of help. Plus it's great reading up about what other people have to say when you share the same interest.