RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RoniHot
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts

I'm sorry, I know this has been posted a few times but I've tried a lot of things and I've not had any luck. I'm trying to connect my PSP to the internet and I keep getting this error: "A connection error has occured. The connection to the access point timed out."

Here's what I've done so far:
1. Reset my router

2. Made sure the PSP system is up to date (it is)

3. Called Comcast to make sure my router was set up correctly. Changed security from G,N to B,G,N. My password is a series of numbers, so there aren't any capslock issues or anything.

4. Reset the router again.

Before I called Comcast, nothing was happening when the PSP was testing the connection. After I called, the PSP says it's "exchanging key information," then gives me the time out error. I'm really afraid I'm going to screw something up if I turn the security off on my WiFi, but EVERYTHING else in the house is connected to the WiFi,including my PS Vita. Also, I had no issues connecting my PSP before Comcast sent a new router.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

The PSP has problems with newer routers. You may need to re-do the setup manually.

Under 'Settings > System Settings > System Information' you can find the PSP's MAC address. Then, add that to your router's DHCP Static list. Enter an IP address to allocate for your PSP.

Now return to your PSP and setup a new connection manually, adding the IP address you just allocated from your router. Now test.

If still no work-y, switch your security to WEP if you haven't already, or turn your WLAN security off altogether and try again. If still no luck, then I don't know. Sorry. If you're not able to get any connection anywhere, it could be a hardware issue. To confirm, you could try accessing WiFi at a local McDonald's, or library, or wherever else in your area that you can get public WiFi access.