shinzon0689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shinzon0689
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I was just wondering other people thoughts on this? i think i'm going to start leaving my ps4 off.

thanks!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The only time I leave it in standby is when I'm downloading something or I'm recharging my controller.

Noblecowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Noblecowboy
Member since 2014 • 44 Posts

I would just leave the PS4 in standby. It uses like 8 watts in standby which isn't a lot at all and I doubt it would cost you that much per month. Gameplay on the PS4 can use up to 150 watts.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@shinzon0689 said:

I was just wondering other people thoughts on this? i think i'm going to start leaving my ps4 off.

thanks!

It's not bad i think, Sony knows how to make hardware. I bet it uses less than the X1

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I wouldn't leave it in standby except when charging a controller or wanting to download a game over the day or night while away.Those are excellent uses of standby. But when not doing those things...

...Not only are you wasting power (which is a bigger problem than just the size of your electric bill), but it's actually still running and the fan's still on; You're burning out your fan motor and wearing out your hardware just to have it sit there doing nothing (ok, maybe installing an unexpected update) while you're off at work. I don't know how long the components are rated for, but I would never leave my laptop on 24/7. Moreover, if you lose power or the dog knocks the cord out of the wall or something then you'll have to do a recovery when turning it on and there's the off-chance that something got corrupted in your system.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@shinzon0689 said:

thanks!

It's not bad i think, Sony knows how to make hardware. I bet it uses less than the X1

Doing what ?

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/182829-new-report-slams-xbox-one-and-ps4-power-consumption-inefficiencies-still-abound