PS4 Lagging (Not online console itself) HELP!!!!

alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alanissak320
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

Lately my PS4 is lagging more then usual not online. My dashboard will lag when moving around, my songs will cut up and lag, and party chat cuts off every second. It mostly happens on advanced warfare and minecraft. Any help??

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

maybe you have a bunch of crap going on at once? Maybe clear up the browser cache? Im not sure this is a new one.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Booting via Safe Mode on the PS4

1. Power off the PS4 by holding down the power button for several seconds. You will hear a beep and see the power light turn red.

2. Power on the PS4 by holding the power button down and keeping it held down. You will hear an initial beep when you press the power button. Wait about 7 seconds until you hear a second beep.

3. Once you hear the second beep, release the power button and the Safe Mode screens should appear. You will need to connect your DualShock 4 controller via a USB cable to the PS4 since Bluetooth is not active when in Safe Mode.

Choose:

Rebuild Database – Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.

http://segashiro.com/2014/10/09/ps4-cutscenes-running-choppy-time-to-clean-up-that-hd/

Try this perhaps? Delete some of the content too, don't fill the hdd up to the brink.

alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alanissak320
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

@Bikouchu35: will this delete anything

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

I'm guessing you use the power saver option when you finish your session, this happened to me to, games and even streaming video lagged, Powering it off an back on completely will fix this.

Daimonninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Daimonninja
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@alanissak320: Did you ever get a resolution for this? Mine's just started pulling the same tricks... >_<

optrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By optrix
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts

@daimonninja: I just experienced this issue as well. I followed the steps in @Bikouchu35 post (rebuilding the database) and it seems to have worked

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

hi You can u-se a desktop fan to cool it . That works!