Ps4 buy now or wait till launch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

voodoocanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 voodoocanzo
Member since 2012 • 55 Posts

Ok so I never pre ordered the ps4. Now I've decided on the ps4 over x1 I tryed a few local shops today and they all said no pre orders left. So it looks like eBay for me, seen them start at around 500 all the way upto 1300 should I grab 1 at 500 the now or wait till there released ? I don't want to wait incase the price keeps going up.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

At this point you are basically screwed because it will be highly, highly unlikely that you will find one at retail any time before the 1st of the year. Also, buying from Ebay is going to get you hosed because those people will prey on people like yourself. If you can get one on Ebay right now for $500, Id do it because once the PS4 launches and becomes very difficult to find, that $500 PS4 is going to jump to $750 minimum.

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

Good luck getting one before Christmas.

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
Cynical_Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cynical_Buzzard
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Waiting is your best bet.

voodoocanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By voodoocanzo

Decided to wait till the day they come out and just buy 1 from eBay but from a local seller so I can pick it up the same day.

MoeAlza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MoeAlza
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

I would avoid Ebay. Just keep checking with retailers and wait it out. Don't overpay on eBay, that's just stupid.

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

I purchased an amazon pre-order and got a good deal for $625 for ps4,BF4 and ps+ subscription (retail $540 w tax). I didn't want to go to ebay but i do not want to risk not getting one by the years end. With ebay, I would only get an amazon preorder because by the seller changing the shipping address you can receive the ps4 on your doorstep on launch day. Also, i wouldn't pay over $100 retail and only buy from a seller with a lot of perfect reviews. But its your decision in the end. Good luck!!

Wallyh08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Wallyh08
Member since 2008 • 535 Posts

I missed all the preorders too, but am going to try and see if I can get one at a midnight launch at either ASDA or Sainsburys (can't decide)

I'd never use ebay for something like this, but thats down to personal preference

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

I would just wait...Don't pay extra to jump into something.

voodoocanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 voodoocanzo

I tryed all my local shops there all saying after Xmas so eBay looks like the best bet least ill have a ps4 on day 1

hazzyahmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 hazzyahmad
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Wish I could afford these consoles right away. Saw this thing online about earning free gifts. Googled it and the reviews make it seem legit. Take a look yourself and sign up with the link below!!

http://freebievideogames.tk

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'd advise against purchasing a PS4 early especially if you'll have to pay above the retail price on Ebay. The system isn't backwards compatible and the vast majority of its library are on current gen consoles. Then there is always the risk of launch systems having a laundry list of technical problems. Why pay more for a potentially faulty console that you can do very little with?

I'd wait until around 2015. By the there should be a decent handful of titles you'll want to play and they should have any problems with the system ironed out. Perhaps there will even be a nice bundle for you that will save you a few extra bucks as well.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Actually, Sony has kept a few back just to have on Launch Day for people like you. I, myself canceled my pre-order once Watch Dogs was delayed so someone got mine or it will be available at GS at Midnight.

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

I believe gamestop has a signup list to be contacted if someone doesn't claim the PS4 they preordered within 48 hrs. That is also an option