ps4 Batman with arkham knight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -

I will be getting this one for sure from rocksteady. I skipped last yr since it wasn't a next gen game nor from rocksteady. Now we have the batmobile which will expand the gameplay significantly. I can't wait for this one.

Probable release in october.

#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2846 posts) -

Yea im getting this too no doubt. I didn't play origins but im going to pick it up for cheap and play through it before this game comes out.

I really hope this game delivers.

#3 Posted by porkchopxp (1157 posts) -

Origins got a lot of flack but I never experienced bug one(guess I'll consider myself lucky) and I had a great time with it. I'll definitely be ready for more this fall. One thing though, can Rocksteady switch game engines already? I love what they did with the Unreal 3 engine but it's really showing it's age and this being a next-gen title should warrant an upgrade.

#4 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

It's at the top of my list of must-have games, my jaw DROPPED when I saw the Batmobile!!!

#5 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6244 posts) -

Awesome!!! Definitely on my most wanted list!

#6 Posted by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@porkchopxp said:

Origins got a lot of flack but I never experienced bug one(guess I'll consider myself lucky) and I had a great time with it. I'll definitely be ready for more this fall. One thing though, can Rocksteady switch game engines already? I love what they did with the Unreal 3 engine but it's really showing it's age and this being a next-gen title should warrant an upgrade.

Yeah hopefully it is UE4 or a custom engine.

#7 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -

@marcheegsr: playing with the helicopter, bike with big wheels or bat jetplane would be lovely too but the mobile would be enough if user in a lot of missions with it's weapons etc. I also want to see more hand to hand combos and even playable robin or catwoman too

#8 Posted by MondasM (1286 posts) -

with the scarcity of new titles on ps4 i'll definitely give it a go...

#9 Edited by CTR360 (7116 posts) -

i cant wait day one for me for PS4

#10 Posted by bezza2011 (2577 posts) -

Watching that trailer honestly When Batman is walking to the Batmobile I honestly thought thats an actor. The Realism in that trailer was true next gen, Also heard the Batmobile itself couldn't be rendered on a PS3

#11 Posted by aei500 (10 posts) -

Just showed the trailer to the office - couldn't believe it was game footage! Well done rocksteady

#12 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

@aei500 said:

Just showed the trailer to the office - couldn't believe it was game footage! Well done rocksteady

I posted in my timeline on FB...I couldn't believe all the likes and comments I got!!! lol

#13 Edited by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

Watching that trailer honestly When Batman is walking to the Batmobile I honestly thought thats an actor. The Realism in that trailer was true next gen, Also heard the Batmobile itself couldn't be rendered on a PS3

The Batmobile looks like a Badass version of the Mark V from Speed Racer!!!

#14 Posted by Arb0rv1r (19 posts) -

@porkchopxp said:

Agreed. I have played all 3 and origins gets way more hate than it deserves in my opinion. Not as good as the previous 2, but still a great time. I do hope however that Batman Arkham Knight becomes the pinnacle of the series.

#15 Posted by cooolio (498 posts) -

@aei500: I am pretty sure they said that it was cgi

#16 Posted by Coolyfett (5088 posts) -

@ewalthour said:

@marcheegsr: playing with the helicopter, bike with big wheels or bat jetplane would be lovely too but the mobile would be enough if user in a lot of missions with it's weapons etc. I also want to see more hand to hand combos and even playable robin or catwoman too

Coolyfett agrees with the last sentence.

#17 Edited by BH14 (1717 posts) -

The trailer looks amazing. It has game of the year written all over it. I would like to see a PS4 bundle with this game. I would buy it!

#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72482 posts) -

I am really looking forward to the game, i hope Rocksteady make a Justice League game after this

#19 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13750 posts) -

Too Bad theres no co-op