ps3 not accepting or taking in discs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yarduatssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yarduatssss
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
okay so one day i was playing raging blast online and decided to take the game out while it was still playing because i wanted to play naruto ultimate ninja storm. so it ejected the disc, i go to put naruto in the drive and it acts as if it wont go in. opened the ps3 and re alined everything and then i could slide in a disc but the ps3 didnt grab it. so me and my friend took it apart and realined the gears again yay i can play games i move the ps3 on too another peice of furniture and then i cant play games i take it apart again i make sure everythings aligned and try a game it has the same problem okay so i leave the disc tray open and the ps3 laser is moving back and forth sometimes with the light blinking and everything seems normal except the tray doesnt raise when trying too put a disc in it doesnt eject a disc but it if i hold the eject button down it ejects them when i hold the eject button the motor spins fine so i know the motors not dead sometimes when i put the lid back on the drive it will eject discs but only a little so what could be my problem? im not amitting defeat and sending it too sony ps: dont worry theres no bologna in there hahaha
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

okay so one day i was playing raging blast online and decided to take the game out while it was still playing because i wanted to play naruto ultimate ninja storm. so it ejected the disc, i go to put naruto in the drive and it acts as if it wont go in. opened the ps3 and re alined everything and then i could slide in a disc but the ps3 didnt grab it. so me and my friend took it apart and realined the gears again yay i can play games i move the ps3 on too another peice of furniture and then i cant play games i take it apart again i make sure everythings aligned and try a game it has the same problem okay so i leave the disc tray open and the ps3 laser is moving back and forth sometimes with the light blinking and everything seems normal except the tray doesnt raise when trying too put a disc in it doesnt eject a disc but it if i hold the eject button down it ejects them when i hold the eject button the motor spins fine so i know the motors not dead sometimes when i put the lid back on the drive it will eject discs but only a little so what could be my problem? im not amitting defeat and sending it too sony ps: dont worry theres no bologna in there hahahayarduatssss

You should have send it sony tbh

yarduatssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yarduatssss
yeah but for $150
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

yeah but for $150yarduatssss

Wow.. I though it would be like 40 for something that small... but 150 is just a ripoff

yarduatssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yarduatssss
exactly why i wanted too do it my self and i read a post saying that the 150 is just for them too look at it lol no thank you and i loose all my game saves and some you cant back up
Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts

maybe you should quit games before you eject maybe ever thought of that and i imagine messing with your ps3 isnt good for it. But mostly why wouldnt you quit the game first? It sounds like you just ejected it while your playing online kudos buddy kudos!

yarduatssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yarduatssss

its not as if i was playing against someone the only reason i mentioned online is that some people has has blu ray drive problems after going online

Foxdies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Foxdies
Member since 2010 • 233 Posts

thats what happens when you pick your console apart...or move it around too much even...

the two things you should really look out for is not moving it too much, and if you do, do it really carefully without shaking it too much, and not putting it in confined spaces so that the air can ventilate..

never take your console apart unless you really know what you're doing and have all the right tools for the job...if you open it your warranty is gone too

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#10 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Your PS3 is just being stubborn. Try distracting her by rubbing her gently with a smooth cloth, then shove in the disc when she doesn't expect it. Seriously though, I'm not sure. You should have sent it to Sony.
Emurozii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emurozii
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts

-If you have a CECH-2001A, CECH-2001B, CECH-2101A, or CECH-2101B PlayStation 3, you can manually eject a disc yourself: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1783

-Touch the eject button on the PlayStation 3 system front for 10 seconds or longer to force the disc to eject. After removing and before reinserting a disc into the PlayStation 3, turn off the system, and then turn on the system again to resume use.

-Open up the PS3 and inspect on wether or not any cables have fallen out or come loose from the Blu Ray Drive. The Blu Ray Drive's ribbon cable fell out frequently on one of my old PS3's; the ribbon cable switch had broke. I had to use blu tack and sellotape to fix it. Make sure all cables are in nice and tight.

yarduatssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yarduatssss

thats what happens when you pick your console apart...or move it around too much even...

the two things you should really look out for is not moving it too much, and if you do, do it really carefully without shaking it too much, and not putting it in confined spaces so that the air can ventilate..

never take your console apart unless you really know what you're doing and have all the right tools for the job...if you open it your warranty is gone too

Foxdies

i build computers nd have fixed my share of dvd drives before so i at least have i little experience and yes i have the tools for it

ive fixed the drive before some how but i tried doing it the same way this time and got nothing

i fixed the eject button but the disc comes out a quater of the way, ive heard it can be the motor but i know thats not the case as it spinns when i use the manuel eject button

yarduatssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yarduatssss

-If you have a CECH-2001A, CECH-2001B, CECH-2101A, or CECH-2101B PlayStation 3, you can manually eject a disc yourself: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1783

-Touch the eject button on the PlayStation 3 system front for 10 seconds or longer to force the disc to eject. After removing and before reinserting a disc into the PlayStation 3, turn off the system, and then turn on the system again to resume use.

-Open up the PS3 and inspect on wether or not any cables have fallen out or come loose from the Blu Ray Drive. The Blu Ray Drive's ribbon cable fell out frequently on one of my old PS3's; the ribbon cable switch had broke. I had to use blu tack and sellotape to fix it. Make sure all cables are in nice and tight.

Emurozii

yes ive used the manuel eject as i said when i first posted, i dont have either one of those models but i can still manuale eject.

btw when the ribbon cable falls out theres a black latch that you have too raise the cord doesnt slide in like a regular cord does all you have too really do is latch it, i know for me this isnt the case as ive checked all the wires and i still get a blue light when i turn my ps3 on and when i open the drive i can the that the blu ray light comes on.

yarduatssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yarduatssss

Foxdies

umm i didnt take my console apart before this happend all i did was ijust tried too put in a different game i guess my ps3 just hates naruto

PS3 ASS KICK NO JUTSU! lol

TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

[QUOTE="Foxdies"]

yarduatssss

umm i didnt take my console apart before this happend all i did was ijust tried too put in a different game i guess my ps3 just hates naruto

PS3 ASS KICK NO JUTSU! lol

All I could think of when I read this was you trying to put a Naruto game in your PS3 and then it saying "No thank you. I am no longer accepting any new games" :lol:

yarduatssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yarduatssss

well i left it off for a week and some how its working so.... yeah...