PS3 Last of Us already owned, discount on PS4 version?

#1 Edited by Squeets (8184 posts) -

Anyone know if they have mentioned this at all?

I would like to get it, but I don't really want to drop $60 for it again.

Thanks

#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2579 posts) -

@Squeets said:

Anyone know if they have mentioned this at all?

I would like to get it, but I don't really want to drop $60 for it again.

Thanks

They said " they are looking into it" so it hasn't been confirmed yet.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71246 posts) -

They might do something like they did with Battlefield, Need for Speed, NBA 2k14 and COD. They all got discount

#4 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

yea they said they were looking into it. i hope they do because i have the ps3 version and the season pass so if they don't i most likely won't get it.

#5 Edited by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

i hope they do a discount

#6 Edited by MarcRecon (5616 posts) -

I'm glad I dragged my feet and didn't buy the PS3 version, it won't be an issue for me to buy the PS4 version with all the bonuses!!

#7 Posted by BattleSpectre (5982 posts) -

I'm glad I dragged my feet and didn't buy the PS3 version, it won't be an issue for me to buy the PS4 version with all the bonuses!!

I envy you being able to enjoy it for the first time. I'd give anything to have that moment again.

#8 Edited by MarcRecon (5616 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

I envy you being able to enjoy it for the first time. I'd give anything to have that moment again.

Sometimes it pays to be a procrastinator! lol

#9 Edited by The_X_Factor_9 (500 posts) -

The first play though where you just let it flow was awesome.

The second play through on the hardest difficulty while actively looking for things was the best experience.

I could see them doing what they did with AC4, BF4, and CoD: Ghosts.

If you have the physical copy, you pay $30 for the upgrade code and use your PS3 disk as the unlock. Remember, not everyone owns the DLC. So yes, I predict Season Pass owners will get the shaft.

I could picture a scenario were owners of the digital version plus season pass could upgrade for $10-20.

Not holding my breath though.

This is a rare exception where I'll probably rebuy the game at full price.

#10 Edited by dalger21 (1082 posts) -

As much as I love The Last of Us, I can't see myself spending another 60 dollars on a game that is the same as the PS3 but with better graphics. The 'free" DLC won't entice me to purchase it unless their is an upgrade option at a reduced cost...something like if you have the PS3 version, you can buy it for PS4 for 20 dollars. Something like that.

#11 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@dalger21 said:

As much as I love The Last of Us, I can't see myself spending another 60 dollars on a game that is the same as the PS3 but with better graphics. The 'free" DLC won't entice me to purchase it unless their is an upgrade option at a reduced cost...something like if you have the PS3 version, you can buy it for PS4 for 20 dollars. Something like that.

^^Same. Love the game, it's amazing. I own the PS3 disc, and wanted to play through again after changing my PSN ID when upgrading to PS4. If I can't play it for close to or less than $20, then I'll pass (and I'd be a bit disappointed, Sony has been doing so well with their core lately).

#12 Edited by BattleSpectre (5982 posts) -

Already recently have The Last of US Remastered on pre-order. More than happy to buy this game as many times as needed to show my love and support to Naughty Gods.

#13 Posted by KingSlayer047 (10 posts) -

I have not had the chance to play this game yet but I can't wait to play it on my PS4. They should give a discount to people who have already purchased the game on the PS3.

#14 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8424 posts) -

I haven't played it yet. It was coming out as I was waiting on ps4 release so I didn't bother. Can't wait to play for first time.

#15 Edited by CTR360 (7040 posts) -

i have last of us on ps3 and i buy ps4 version after price drop