ps3 laser problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chain__Saw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chain__Saw
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have a 60 gig ps3 that won't read anything. I stick the disk in and the icon appears in the top right hand corner but never loads. The disk is not spinning when inserted and now makes a funky clicking noise ever since I took the drive apart. Everything went back together alright but it just sounds different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DeathTemplar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DeathTemplar
Member since 2005 • 172 Posts

I have a 60 gig ps3 that won't read anything. I stick the disk in and the icon appears in the top right hand corner but never loads. The disk is not spinning when inserted and now makes a funky clicking noise ever since I took the drive apart. Everything went back together alright but it just sounds different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chain__Saw

Ummm, maybe you shouldn't have done that. I would call sony and ask them nicely to fix it, maybe send them some baked goods too.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
send to sony will cost $150 to fix and take about a week to get back, but because you took it apart they maynot fix it who knows.
GaaRa1881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GaaRa1881
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts

well i had my ps3 repaired not long ago, and when i played a ps2 game (60g), it was working fine and soon as i truend it off and on and tryed play a ps3 game, the ps3 wasnt reading any games...

clance1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clance1
Member since 2009 • 292 Posts

I have a 60 gig ps3 that won't read anything. I stick the disk in and the icon appears in the top right hand corner but never loads. The disk is not spinning when inserted and now makes a funky clicking noise ever since I took the drive apart. Everything went back together alright but it just sounds different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chain__Saw

one time i rented a game that was doing the exactly same thing. throw it out.

clance1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clance1
Member since 2009 • 292 Posts

oh sorry. read wrong:oops:

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

You may be able to repair it yourself or if you can't you may be able to find a repair shop close by that can fix it for maybe less than it would cost to send it in. And you might be able to just wait for a while and take your system home the same day.

freekninjinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freekninjinc
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts
Yeah theres a gear in the top half of the drive that has to be in the right position when You put the drive back together,or it will do that.You migt want to fix that as every time it does that it can do damage to the gears in the mechanism.I remember letting gravity pull it(the gear/lever) towards the back of the drive after i turned the lever/gear into that position,while putting the top back on.been awhile though so i cant remember.Theres some guides which mention this problem if you search