PS3 lacks some good quality JRPGs. :(

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Truvietplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Truvietplaya
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts

JRPG is one of my favorite gaming genre and I noticed that PS3 is lacking in this area. The last RPG that I've played was Tales of Graces F and I'm looking forward to Tales of Xillia next year coming to stateside. Final Fantasy been crap but I think I heard somewhere that they are remaking Final Fantasy 0 for the ps3? Have anybody heard that? And with news of the new ps4 and xbox system around the corner is Final Fantasy Versus XIII and the next Kingdom Heart really coming out for the ps3? I know the next Metal Gear Solid is coming to the PS3 and it looks really awesome and it's open world. Anyway what are your opinions. AFter owning the ps3 up to this point are you somewhat disappointed that it lacks in this area?

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

Try Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls. They are both amazing JRPG's.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I bought the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata for my kid. She likes it a lot.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

They're there:

3D Dot Game Heroes

Ar Tonelico

Demon's/Dark Souls

Disgaea

Dragon's Dogma

Eternal Sonata

Folklore

Nier

Resonance of Fate

Star Ocean

Tales of Vesperia/Xillia/Grace F

Valkyria Chronicles

White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

Yea, it's damn disappointing. There are several good ones, i.e. Valkyria Chronicle, Resonance of Fate, Tales of Graces F, Eternal Sonata and to some extent Ar Tonelico: Qoga. Sadly, the old staple Suikoden is missing :( . Star Ocean was a chore to play.

Sega made/published great new IP but they're bad at marketting them. SE is lost cause. No news on Tri-Ace, Atlus and Konami. At least Bamco came to their sense and Falcom is doing good but future looks bleak for console JRPG. I might not even buy next PS if not for Yakuza and Way of Samurai series.

In 2013, there will be Ni no Kuni, Xilia and possibly the great Legend of Heroes: Trails in The Sky if localized. Hopefully they are going to be good.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Ni no Kuni is almost here, it's sad it's taking so long but that one title will be worth the wait. FFXIII Vs is hopefully, eventually coming as well. But, I do agree, we need more quality JRPG's.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Kinda thought people this gen were over this

Japan fvcked up hard this gen and there's nothing really of note.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

yeah ive been saying this the whole gen. this is the gen of fps shooters and online multiplayer. im hoping next gen they get back into jrpgs.

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts
Ni No Kuni looks simply amazing, Star Ocean is a fully capable JRPG and I know most people will brush this off, but there is no other game like White Knight Chronicles 2 on the PS3. I put in over 900 hours into it online, I almost overlooked it due to sub par reviews but I took a chance, and it was pretty great doing quests & upgrading gear online.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

There's a few out there, but they lack the greatness JRPG's have had the last two genes, I would love to play a JRPG that is even remotely as good as Chrono Cross.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

They're there:

3D Dot Game Heroes

Ar Tonelico

Demon's/Dark Souls

Disgaea

Dragon's Dogma

Eternal Sonata

Folklore

Nier

Resonance of Fate

Star Ocean

Tales of Vesperia/Xillia/Grace F

Valkyria Chronicles

White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2

Gxgear

I'd say this is a pretty good list of what's currently out there and good.

But I can sympathize with you. It seemed like I played so many more epic RPGs on the playstation 2. But we can always hope for the future with Persona 5, Versus, Tales of Xillia, Toki to Towa, Disgaea Dimension, The Witch and the Hundred Knights, Ni No Kuni, etc. etc.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Ni No Kuni in January.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
This generation as a whole lacks good JRPGs, period. I personally don't consider Valkyria Chronicles much of an RPG, and while Demon's and Dark Souls are JRPGs, I doubt it's something that a normal JRPG lovers are looking for. And what does MGS got to do with JRPG?
maAaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 maAaxx
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Resonance of Fate , Star Ocean , Tales of Vesperia/Xillia/Grace F , Valkyria Chronicles , White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2 ....are the best JRPGs games
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#15 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Play Valkyria Chronicles and be satisfied for life.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Japan is more into handhelds now, so that is where all the JRPG's are going.

Aren't there games like Tales of Graces, Vesperia (japan only) Eternal Sonata, Reonance of Fate, Star Ocean, Ar Tonelico, Atelier, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea out now? Next year Ni No Kuni, Tales of Graces, Tokitowa are due to release. Where is the lack of RPG's now. Granted, there are not as many as on the PS2, but the first sentence at the top of the post explains why.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#17 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

JRPG is one of my favorite gaming genre and I noticed that PS3 is lacking in this area. The last RPG that I've played was Tales of Graces F and I'm looking forward to Tales of Xillia next year coming to stateside. Final Fantasy been crap but I think I heard somewhere that they are remaking Final Fantasy 0 for the ps3? Have anybody heard that? And with news of the new ps4 and xbox system around the corner is Final Fantasy Versus XIII and the next Kingdom Heart really coming out for the ps3? I know the next Metal Gear Solid is coming to the PS3 and it looks really awesome and it's open world. Anyway what are your opinions. AFter owning the ps3 up to this point are you somewhat disappointed that it lacks in this area?

Truvietplaya

Man this is exactly why I bought a 360. Ps3 literally has sh!t rpg's. FF blows now.

The only ones I could reccommend is Trinity: Souls of Zill Ol' (exclusive), Dragon Age Origins (non exclusive) or Nier (non exclusive). I loved Tales of Graces Battle system, but the story and the whole "friendship" theme was and is ridiculous.

Check out Valkyria Chronicles too. Its a ps3 exclusive tactic, third person shooter, rpg.

I have been very disappointed in the ps3 with their lack of rpg's. Its one of the main reasons I bought it. Ps2 had/has the best rpg's ever and ps3 just doesnt even compare to the ps2 in the rpg department. Severely disappointed.

O ya, do not buy Star Ocean. The one on ps2 was good, but the ps3/360 is comepletely ridiculous. Lymle will have you punching your tv screen whenever you see her stupid little annoying face.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

this gen lacks that many jrpg titles...but i wouldn't say quality....

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Japan is more into handhelds now, so that is where all the JRPG's are going.

gamenerd15

I agree with you on that.I'd love to have a Dragon Quest game on the PS3. Sadly that won't happen and I don't want to spend the cash for a DS.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Ni no Kuniis almost here, it's sad it's taking so long but that one title will be worth the wait. FFXIII Vs is hopefully, eventually coming as well. But, I do agree, we need more quality JRPG's.

Sokol4ever

I came here to say exactly this, the trailer already blew me away with it's beautiful art and music.

Also FF XIII and XIII-2 are also pretty good JRPG's, just not good Final Fantasies.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

Ni No Kuni looks simply amazing, Star Ocean is a fully capable JRPG and I know most people will brush this off, but there is no other game like White Knight Chronicles 2 on the PS3. I put in over 900hours into it online, I almost overlooked it due to sub par reviews but I took a chance, and it was pretty great doing quests & upgrading gear online.Nophoria88

900 hours wtf!

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lucky_Krystal

Man this is exactly why I bought a 360. Ps3 literally has sh!t rpg's.

ristactionjakso

What kind of JRPGs does the 360 have that the PS3 doesn't? The only one I can think of is Tales of Vesperia.

Or did you mean all rpgs, Western and Japanese?

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

Lucky_Krystal

What kind of JRPGs does the 360 have that the PS3 doesn't? The only one I can think of is Tales of Vesperia.

well there is Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and Tales of Vesperia...but that's still nothing to write home about if that's the only exclusive Jrpgs they have(admittedly Lost Odyssey and Vesperia being good though)
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ristactionjakso

Lucky_Krystal

The Witcher 2, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey (my favorite rpg ever) Blue Dragon, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Fable 2 & 3 (dont listen to the bad press, the games are still good in their own right) Dark Messiah, Divinity 2.

I will say Lost Odyssey is the best RPG i have ever played. It beats every rpg I have played on the ps2 too. (and it's really hard to beat DQ 8 and Rogue Galaxy)

Most of the ps3 rpg's look like they were made for 4 year old and/or they have over the top cheesy stories and/or have really ridiculous characters.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

supa_badman

I personally blame Sony. Console was way too pricey and hard to dev for in the beginning years of this gen. I think if the slim had been the original PS3 we would have seen another gen of quantity and quality of JRPGS on another Playstation system. Hopefully PS4 sees the return of console JRPGs. Not that I dislike the DS and PSP but sometimes I just want to play a good JRPG on the big screen.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 whiskeystrike

Blue Dragon was so boring, got to the part where you warp through some portal with the airship and just never finished it. Lost Odyssey was what FF13 should have been. Didn't like Fable 2, too buggy, glitchy and easy for me.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]

whiskeystrike

I personally blame Sony. Console was way too pricey and hard to dev for in the beginning years of this gen. I think if the slim had been the original PS3 we would have seen another gen of quantity and quality of JRPGS on another Playstation system. Hopefully PS4 sees the return of console JRPGs. Not that I dislike the DS and PSP but sometimes I just want to play a good JRPG on the big screen.

blame sony for what? ms bought those exclusives from jrpg developers because they wanted to get into the japanese market. slim iterations is sony finding a way to make the console cheaper....but with all that r & d you think they would have done that in the beginning if they could? tisk tisk
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]

jsmoke03

blame sony for what? ms bought those exclusives from jrpg developers because they wanted to get into the japanese market. slim iterations is sony finding a way to make the console cheaper....but with all that r & d you think they would have done that in the beginning if they could? tisk tisk

Regardless of what MS does (which obviously didn't work) Sony alienated all their faithful third party developers and promptly sent them running to handhelds. And considering Sony's vacation in the red this gen it's not like more R/D would matter at this point. It's all speculation at this point though, so it hardly matters. The only thing I can hope for is the return of JRPGs on one console or another next gen.

Truvietplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Truvietplaya
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts

Yes I agree with you all. I love Tales of Graces F. It was probably my most favorite rpg for ps3 this whole generation. I'm most excited for Tales of Xillia next year. The characters look more grown up or mature and gameplay looks good as always. One of you guys mention Legend of Heroes. I played that on psp and loved it but it just got kind of repetitive. Still loved it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
tales of graces f final 13 final 13-2 demons souls dark souls valkyria chronickles and next year tales of xillia ni no kuni final 13 the lighting return
Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

True that!! Looking back at JRPGs for the PS2, this gen seems like peanuts:(

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Yes TC I agree. JRPGs are also a favorite of mine and as much as I like my PS3, it sucks major ass in the JRPG department.
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#33 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

Yeah I know what you mean dude. The last JRPG I played and enjoyed was Valkryia Chronicles and that was a while back.

I'm really looking forward to Ni No Kuni (I think that's what its called :P) though. It's being created by Level 5 and the team of Miyazaki (the same people who created Spirited Away:shock:). It's gonna be EPIC!

And don't forget Persona 5! :D Now when that game comes out, all heck is going to break loose:lol:

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="Truvietplaya"]

ristactionjakso

Man this is exactly why I bought a 360. Ps3 literally has sh!t rpg's. FF blows now.

The only ones I could reccommend is Trinity: Souls of Zill Ol' (exclusive), Dragon Age Origins (non exclusive) or Nier (non exclusive). I loved Tales of Graces Battle system, but the story and the whole "friendship" theme was and is ridiculous.

Check out Valkyria Chronicles too. Its a ps3 exclusive tactic, third person shooter, rpg.

I have been very disappointed in the ps3 with their lack of rpg's. Its one of the main reasons I bought it. Ps2 had/has the best rpg's ever and ps3 just doesnt even compare to the ps2 in the rpg department. Severely disappointed.

O ya, do not buy Star Ocean. The one on ps2 was good, but the ps3/360 is comepletely ridiculous. Lymle will have you punching your tv screen whenever you see her stupid little annoying face.

If you are going to complain about the PS3 having no RPG's then the 360 should be right there with it. Blue dragon and Lost Odyssey were not that great. They both suffered from techinical issues, and the stories for both games weere very by the numbers. Infinite Undiscovery was also pretty average. I am not seeing the preference for once console over the other in regards to JRPG's.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

This generation as a whole lacks good JRPGs, period. I personally don't consider Valkyria Chronicles much of an RPG, and while Demon's and Dark Souls are JRPGs, I doubt it's something that a normal JRPG lovers are looking for. And what does MGS got to do with JRPG?funsohng

Maybe in a wierd twisted way MGS is an RPG? .....Naw lmao

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Everiez

Ni no Kuni demo will be up this tuesday on PSN.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Everiez

Pleasantly suprised by this news. I can't wait to download it.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="Truvietplaya"]

gamenerd15

If you are going to complain about the PS3 having no RPG's then the 360 should be right there with it. Blue dragon and Lost Odyssey were not that great. They both suffered from techinical issues, and the stories for both games weere very by the numbers. Infinite Undiscovery was also pretty average. I am not seeing the preference for once console over the other in regards to JRPG's.

Man, if you are goin to diss on Lost Odyssey then you arent a rpg fan. But still, its your opinion.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Demons/Dark Souls is all you need :)

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]Man this is exactly why I bought a 360. Ps3 literally has sh!t rpg's. FF blows now.

ristactionjakso

Man, if you are goin to diss on Lost Odyssey then you arent a rpg fan. But still, its your opinion.

First off Fable 2 and 3 are not even JRPG's at all. Lost Odyssey had quite a few technical issues holding it back. The main characters barely says anything on the first disc. The guy did have amnesia, but the developers could have at least made him say things such "who am I?" Lost Odyssey was not a bad game, but so many other RPG's have that exact same setup, so why bother with Lost Odyssey in the first place? Blue Dragon was dumb. The characters themselves did not even attack at all, but summoned a dragon to do basically every move. Infinite Undiscovery was so boring. The combo system was not deep at all. The dungeons had stupid puzzles. Having to kill a bat and snake in a specific area for the boss door to open up was tedious, and not fun at all. Vesperia was an awesome game. but all the rest of the JRPG's that the other system offers are not that great at all. Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia look to be better than any of the JRPG's mentioned above. If I want medieval game like Lost Odyssey on PS3, then I will just play White Knight Chronicles. The second game is supposed to have an updated version of the first game on the disc, so why should Playstation owners even care about Lost Odyssey.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Lost Odyssey was a great game. Some powerful moments in that game. There were a few technical issues, but no where near the point to where it really hurt the game. Prolly the best RPG I have played in the past 6, or so years. Blue Dragon only had a few good songs going for it. Namely (The Ruined Village, and Ruins)

But I too want to delve into some great RPGs on the ps3. (I just got one too)

We will be getting Folklore, and going through the FFXIII games. Reasonance of Fate, (even though played a little of it on 360 was kinda fun, but had to cut it short.)

But is there not an Atlus RPG on PS3, that isn't just a sequel to another? like a new original SMT? Is there one planned?

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

gamenerd15

First off Fable 2 and 3 are not even JRPG's at all. Lost Odyssey had quite a few technical issues holding it back. The main characters barely says anything on the first disc. The guy did have amnesia, but the developers could have at least made him say things such "who am I?" Lost Odyssey was not a bad game, but so many other RPG's have that exact same setup, so why bother with Lost Odyssey in the first place? Blue Dragon was dumb. The characters themselves did not even attack at all, but summoned a dragon to do basically every move. Infinite Undiscovery was so boring. The combo system was not deep at all. The dungeons had stupid puzzles. Having to kill a bat and snake in a specific area for the boss door to open up was tedious, and not fun at all. Vesperia was an awesome game. but all the rest of the JRPG's that the other system offers are not that great at all. Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia look to be better than any of the JRPG's mentioned above. If I want medieval game like Lost Odyssey on PS3, then I will just play White Knight Chronicles. The second game is supposed to have an updated version of the first game on the disc, so why should Playstation owners even care about Lost Odyssey.

You should care about Lost Odyssey because it's still a great game. Just give credit where credit is due, but at the same time while I sincerely really want Lost Odyssey for my PS3...3 or 4 Jrpgs don't warrant an entire console purchase to me.
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#44 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

Everiez

Wow, I had no idea, thanks for letting us know :)

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lucky_Krystal

Lost Odyssey was a great game. Some powerful moments in that game. There were a few technical issues, but no where near the point to where it really hurt the game. Prolly the best RPG I have played in the past 6, or so years. Blue Dragon only had a few good songs going for it. Namely (The Ruined Village, and Ruins)

But I too want to delve into some great RPGs on the ps3. (I just got one too)

We will be getting Folklore, and going through the FFXIII games. Reasonance of Fate, (even though played a little of it on 360 was kinda fun, but had to cut it short.)

But is there not an Atlus RPG on PS3, that isn't just a sequel to another? like a new original SMT? Is there one planned?

Lach0121

Atlus has mostly been focusing on handhelds for a while (P4 Golden on Vita, SMT IV and Devil Survivor Overclocked on 3DS, and Devil Survivor 2 on DS). Persona 5 is coming out for the PS3, but we don't know when at this point. I think its still in the early stages of development. Other than that, I'm not sure if they have anything else planned for the PS3.

Although, there is still Catherine for the PS3 and 360. It's not an RPG but its still pretty good. I'd reccomend it.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

josephl64

You should care about Lost Odyssey because it's still a great game. Just give credit where credit is due, but at the same time while I sincerely really want Lost Odyssey for my PS3...3 or 4 Jrpgs don't warrant an entire console purchase to me.[/QUOTE

Lost Odyssey was a very traditional and typical RPG with technical issues. The main character did not react to much in the beginning, and it almost felt like I was playing with a souless being. The game stuttered a bit too much. It is kind of funny that Mistwalker did not learn anything when making The Last Story. That game suffers from the same problems and adds a bad camera to boot. I never said Lost Odyssey was bad, but it does not deserve the praise it receives. The game is ok, but you can pretty much find an experience just like it in past RPG games. Namco and Level 5 are the cream of the crop for RPG's on consoles this generation. I heard White Knight's story was not that good, but the online portion is supposed to be quite fun.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="Everiez"]

pspitus

For real? I've been waiting so long for this game it has slipped my mind
Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Everiez

[QUOTE="pspitus"]

[QUOTE="Everiez"]

AdamPA1006

For real? I've been waiting so long for this game it has slipped my mind

Yep, here is the link I forgot to post.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

gamenerd15

So? Fable counts as legit RPG's. And I've yet to see any of these technical issues in Lost Odyssey. It is probably the most story heavy and emotionally powerful game Ive ever played. Ive beat WKC 1, the story and characters are the most boring compared to any rpg you can think of. WKC 2 never fixed any of that. You havent obviously made it past the first disc in Lost Odyssey if you think it shouldnt be cared about. Its basically what FF 13 should have been.

The only ps3 exclusive rpg's I can recommend are Valkyria Chronicles and Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll. Tales of Graces f is a ps3 exclusive in USA, has a awesome combat system, but the emphasis on "friendship" is really over the top and kills what could be a great game. It's good, not great. Tales of Xillia looks good, hopefully better than Graces.

But I have both 360 and ps3, so I can buy the best games on each console.

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]Man, if you are goin to diss on Lost Odyssey then you arent a rpg fan. But still, its your opinion.

ristactionjakso

So? Fable counts as legit RPG's. And I've yet to see any of these technical issues in Lost Odyssey. It is probably the most story heavy and emotionally powerful game Ive ever played. Ive beat WKC 1, the story and characters are the most boring compared to any rpg you can think of. WKC 2 never fixed any of that. You havent obviously made it past the first disc in Lost Odyssey if you think it shouldnt be cared about. Its basically what FF 13 should have been.

The only ps3 exclusive rpg's I can recommend are Valkyria Chronicles and Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll. Tales of Graces f is a ps3 exclusive in USA, has a awesome combat system, but the emphasis on "friendship" is really over the top and kills what could be a great game. It's good, not great. Tales of Xillia looks good, hopefully better than Graces.

But I have both 360 and ps3, so I can buy the best games on each console.

I don't know where Fable came into this, but it doesn't really have anything to do with JRPG's. Though I did try out Lost Odyssey and it was pretty cool, characters could have looked better but it had nice towns, good combat and slick visuals to my memory. White Knight Chronicles 2 is known for its online, not horrible single player, like I said before, there's no game like it on PS3. I think if they would have showcased the online better in reviews, because they only mention it in passing (and that's what 90% of the game is consisted of) more people would have seen that.