PS3 Cheat Devices

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Le-Beave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Le-Beave
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

Now i've never been a fan of cheating, but i'm missing the old things that made games fun for me like 'big head mode' or 'slow motion kills' and cool stuff like that. So, anybody have any news on a potential Cheat Device to be released for PS3 in future or like now?

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
they need to hurry up and release the action replay for both Wii and PS3.
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts
i want the one where people shoot you up and they be like " WTF MAN THIS GUY WONT DIE" and get all wet about it LMAO =]
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
I was a member of the Codebreaker forums and the last I heard, PS3 used a 128bit encryption that couldn't be cracked. But since PS3 is so online driven, I think we aren't going to see cheat devices. Even if they were to make one, it would be a violation to use cheat devices online and Sony would can those companies in a heartbeat cause they would be directly responsable for selling it to those cheaters that would abuse it, driving all the other players away, hence Sony losing money. I'm against online cheating, but offline cheating is fun. Especially messing around with things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Ut3 has big head and slow down lol
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
The main reason I could never enjoy online gaming is because of people using those cheat codes. I'm sure that there are thousands possibbly millions that feel the same about these codes.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Im kinda wanting them but i can see why they wouldn't though. I miss my gameshark :(. I dont even know if their are still in business.
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
Cheat devices are basically hacks into the system. As was already said, the ps3 is supposedly "unhackable," at least for now. I think I remember Sony saying they would give a free ps3 to the first person to hack the system, and I don't think anyone has done it yet.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Now i've never been a fan of cheating, Le-Beave

Of course you're not, of course.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

Cheat devices are basically hacks into the system. As was already said, the ps3 is supposedly "unhackable," at least for now. I think I remember Sony saying they would give a free ps3 to the first person to hack the system, and I don't think anyone has done it yet.MyzeDivine

Well then, what the hell are we waiting for?? Let's get hacking!:lol:

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

Cheating can sometimes create glitches in your game.

I remember I used a cheat in Ratchet and Clank 1 which let me get the Telsa Claw right away. That ended up messing me up as I could never buy Telsa Claw amo because I had to buy the gun first, but anytime I bought it, it would be replaced by another one I needed to buy...

After that, I'm going to stay away from cheating for a while

Le-Beave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Le-Beave
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts
[QUOTE="Le-Beave"]

Now i've never been a fan of cheating, GreenGoblin2099

Of course you're not, of course.

I'm fluent in sarcasm too you know ;)

Believe what you want but i don't see what i could possibly accomplish by lying to you?

djHaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djHaQ
Member since 2005 • 1872 Posts

i'm missing the old things that made games fun for me like 'big head mode' or 'slow motion kills'Le-Beave

Uhh usually codes like this are in some games without a device.

ZippyDSMLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZippyDSMLee
Member since 2002 • 1924 Posts

Now i've never been a fan of cheating, but i'm missing the old things that made games fun for me like 'big head mode' or 'slow motion kills' and cool stuff like that. So, anybody have any news on a potential Cheat Device to be released for PS3 in future or like now?

Le-Beave

My 2 cents, since the new consoles are online and have online focused play I think that a chat device will have to be online as well to limit and lock out bad code and trim/warn on corruptive code, if they can get the OK from the console maker and show they can protect the "network" as it were they can start off by selling mini cheats for each game on digidistro for a buck a cheat set(2-5 cheats) then sale a retail pack with disc for 50$ then finish it off with optional 2 or 3 levels worth of subscriptions that get you all game cheats you'll need for that system, I am all for single player cheats because devs never finish a game right now a days there's always something wrong and even if there is not having cheats to make the game more fun or harder it just makes gaming better, even in controlled MP settings it would be fun ,having the server allow certain cheats or run the cheats themselves, but there needs to be online oversight of cheat devices because CP rights have degraded over the years and gaming is far more sue happy that it once was.

auron1801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 auron1801
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i cheat but its mainly for fun never save a cheat on a game
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
Cheat devices are basically hacks into the system. As was already said, the ps3 is supposedly "unhackable," at least for now. I think I remember Sony saying they would give a free ps3 to the first person to hack the system, and I don't think anyone has done it yet.MyzeDivine
Why would Sony give an incentive to hack their own console ... sounds like a rumor from the rumor mill if I have ever heard one. That being said I dont know if there will be an AR or anything like it any time soon with the big influx in Online gaming.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

[QUOTE="MyzeDivine"]Cheat devices are basically hacks into the system. As was already said, the ps3 is supposedly "unhackable," at least for now. I think I remember Sony saying they would give a free ps3 to the first person to hack the system, and I don't think anyone has done it yet.ColdfireTrilogy
Why would Sony give an incentive to hack their own console ... sounds like a rumor from the rumor mill if I have ever heard one. That being said I dont know if there will be an AR or anything like it any time soon with the big influx in Online gaming.

Wow, old thread Batman!

Anyways, it wasn't Sony that made that offer. It was some guy that issued a challenge to any hacker around the world to break into the PS3. He left it on for 24 or 48 hours I think (one of those) straight running Linux. Not one person could touch it. I think also because PS3 has no exe apps. Since hackers are more along the lines of anything Windows related.

Darthsikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darthsikk
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

It was a sony rep that made the offer over the hacking. And to answer the above question about "why would sony give incentive for someone to hack their system, that doesn't make sense", not to you. But lots of software companies give out such incentive to "prove" that their platform/software is "unhackable". If sony's 128bit encryption was so "super serial" then the pentagon (who's encryption is much larger) would be "super unhackable"... Yet it happens. The ps3 has been hacked as well, but the people that do/did it aren't doing it for notoriety, they are doing it because they want to cut corners, or say "I did that".

As for cheating, it wouldn't be nearly as hard as you guys seem to think to come out with a viable and amiable "cheating device" for the ps3 or 360. All the maker would have to do is supply sony with the initial boot code used by the disc(s), and wham... You dissenclude any system transmitting that code from being able to connect to the PSU servers. But the net is full of pompus uneducated idiots who like to tell all of you that these things aren't even options. Just like sony making a patch that allowed you to replace the in game music, with your own playlist, they absolutely could, easilly; or the people that say microsoft can't add an equalizer to the Zune because they didn't install and equalizer chip..... Equalizers in mp3 players are digital now days, not analog, (or "virtual" not "physical" just in case someone out there thinks they know the full spectrum of comp talk) they just don't want to do it. Just like they don't feel like writing a patch that would make the zune work their own formats and software, and sony doesn't feel like doing any of this. And they don't have to, because their consumers are sissies and pushovers that will stand up for their laziness, and applaud their stupidity.... Instead of boycotting, or banding together and demanding they be treated right for the money they paid over a crappy console.

M

carage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 carage
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts

Bravo, I think what they really need is just a "go-ahead" from the console makers, but the cheat device has to have some built-in mechanism that disables online play. I don't care about online play, online play caters too much to hardcore users anyway, unfortunately both M$ and Sony seem to be much more interested in the hardcore market today. If they haven't learned a lesson from Nintendo, that is the light user market is actually quite strong out there.

I need a cheat device to enjoy my games, and I am sure there are a lot of ppl out there who think the same way.

We buy games to play games not to be played by the games.

Nedders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nedders
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
If you're gonna make a cheat device for any of the next-gen systems, it absolutely HAS to disable itself for online play. The cheats I would use are the ones for extremely hard/near impssible sh** like Combo Challenge modes in a lot of fighting games. I've got a full-time job & I'm older (30, my fingers aren't as dexterous with gamepads as they used to be!) now, so I don't have the free time to spend frickin' 12 hours a day getting Shang Tsung's 10th Kombo Challenge in MK vs DC for example...Nowadays the really hard stuff needs to be completed to unlock a character or option you really want so you can't enjoy the game anymore =P
Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
if u r too powerful at the beginning of the game..wht's the motivation to play...? then the gameplay (training..level up..so on...) should have been meaningless..if i were the devs i would probably gv up my career to produce games anymore
1hungguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 1hungguy
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

I don't know why Sony isn't making a cheat device themselves. They're really missing out on a wad of dough. They're missing out on a wad of dough not allowing a third party company to do so as well. It's really simple for the device to disable for online play. It's nothing wrong with someone wanting to tweak the game playing amongst themselves.

1hungguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 1hungguy
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

Bravo, I think what they really need is just a "go-ahead" from the console makers, but the cheat device has to have some built-in mechanism that disables online play. I don't care about online play, online play caters too much to hardcore users anyway, unfortunately both M$ and Sony seem to be much more interested in the hardcore market today. If they haven't learned a lesson from Nintendo, that is the light user market is actually quite strong out there.

I need a cheat device to enjoy my games, and I am sure there are a lot of ppl out there who think the same way.

We buy games to play games not to be played by the games.

carage

You're right, it's truly their loss if they don't take advantage of the demand for such an item. There are millions who feel the same way.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

i was just talking about how i want a gameshark for the ps3, ah good times back in the day... i miss it.. damn you online!!

mattistalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mattistalkin
I want a cheating device badly. I dont care what people say about cheating. For me, cheating is what made games fun. Now that Im older, It's definately easier to play through games without cheats, but I think whatever the consumer wants, the companies should produce. Heck, if SONY wanted all the money, they could make their own cheating device and never have to license it to anyone. Anyway, Id love to play through Resistance 2 and Resident Evil 5 with infinite ammo, not infinite health cuz that's lame.. but you know.. and I'd love to use it for GTA 4 and Dead Space. Anyway, the truth to the matter is I dont think they will ever make a cheating device. I think SONY has decided there is no way they can 100% be certain that people couldnt find a way to cheat online. Cheating online should be the 11th commandment by the way. THOU SHALL NOT CHEAT ONLINE. So, i think a cheating device should only be used OFFLINE, but they simply cant be sure that people wouldnt find a way to cheat online as well. So, I think I personally am going to try and make a conscious effort to forget my days of cheating on the original Resident Evil for the original playstation.. and GTA 1 and 2 when the gameplay was shown from the over the top.. haha good times..
wreconize89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wreconize89
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
Remeber those Gameshark things you'ld plug into the back on your PS1? Classics!
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#27 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
well then people would probably cheat for trophies, but there could be a way that could be avoided as the online would. but people cheat on DS and Wii online and I hate it.
Avatar image for playstationboy7
playstationboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 playstationboy7
Member since 2008 • 756 Posts

[QUOTE="MyzeDivine"]Cheat devices are basically hacks into the system. As was already said, the ps3 is supposedly "unhackable," at least for now. I think I remember Sony saying they would give a free ps3 to the first person to hack the system, and I don't think anyone has done it yet.ColdfireTrilogy

i like your sig its from dodgeball aint it

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
The main reason I could never enjoy online gaming is because of people using those cheat codes. I'm sure that there are thousands possibbly millions that feel the same about these codes.jimm895
yea this
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

The main reason I could never enjoy online gaming is because of people using those cheat codes. I'm sure that there are thousands possibbly millions that feel the same about these codes.jimm895
agreed. online cheaters are the scum of the hobby. they ruin the fun for real gamers and people with more than half a brain cell. I put them right down there with software pirates. complete POS. Now off line a whole deffernt matter. if cheating lets you enjoy your game then im all for it. as your not taking the fun out of it for any one else.

itsahellclarky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 itsahellclarky
since u can download psx games from the playstation store now, the ppl who make the cheat devices should build something so that we can use them on ps3 for the psx games
Shotgunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shotgunner
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I agree with you pro-cheat device guys. Sony & M$ know their consoles so their is no reason cheat devives are impossible to make that can disable online access until the console is shut down. All I can think is Sony & M$ don't want to risk a consumer backlash by having such a device/app. But the funny thing is more than half of the gamers worldwide are not "hardcore" so the backlash would be minimal.
davidjr35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 davidjr35
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I agree with you totaly
4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts
I also agree, that this thread is old.
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
This thread has been brought back from the dead far too many times.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
As long as it doesn't allow trophy cheating then it's fine.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#37 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

If it has absolutely no effect for online, then yeah that'd be cool. Otherwise hell no.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
3 year old thread.
doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

Only thing i would like is infinite ammo, like R3 you can unlock it. Its hilarious to kill everything with a magnum only lol.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Wow, this is like a quintuple zombie thread..