PS VITA.. TSK TSK

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rookerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Rookerman
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

I'm pretty pissed about the Vita. I bought it when it came out. But no games ever came out. Sure there's a few, but not a good library of games. Unless you go onto the Playstation Network. I'm talking AAA titles.

Sony recently said PS Vita is now really a Remote Play device. Which PISSES ME OFF because where I live I can only get .75mb upload speed max, and can't use remote play with my PS4. o now my Vita just sits there..

Anyone else agree with me?

crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 crazypal
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

its really heart breaking what happened to the Vita. I thought it was a dream come true for handheld gaming. I don't know what went wrong or if us gamers let it down? anyways you can't expect them to keep pumping AAA games if only handful gamers own the device.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Its pretty apparent what my opinion of the Vita is. I liked the psp and thought it was a pretty solid device. I didn't even mind UMD even though the format didn't go anywhere after psp. Proprietary memory cards and ps+ pretty much sealed the Vita. It led to fewer game sales, and to less developer support. Which of course led to fewer sales and the cycle continues. Sony should have stood behind their device with new IPs the way that Nintendo did with the DS and the 3DS. That's what it pretty much boils down to.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Sony did not put hardly any of its own developers to work on the handheld except a small team from Media Molecule, Studio Bend, and a small portion of Guerrilla Games to work on the device. The other first party studios such as Liverpool, Zipper, and Bigbig are now gone. Sony relied to heavily on third party support, and now Vita has bitten the bullet to a degree. I still want one to play all the PS Plus games I missed out on. The Vita does have a solid library of games. I just named 29 games without even naming any indie games. I am pretty sure that there are titles that I missed as well. People really should do more research on systems before they buy one.

Uncharted

Wipeout 2048

Lumines

Blazblue

Gravity Rush

Unit 13

Mortal Kombat

Little Big Planet

Tearaway

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Muramasa

Persona 4: Golden

Dragon's Crown

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Killzone Mercenary

Ys 4

Final Fantasy X

Borderlands 2

Hot Shots Golf 6

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2

Mutant Blobs Attack

Soul Sacrifice

Virtues Last Reward

Street Fighter X Tekken

Modnation Racers

Escape Plan

upcoming games include

Tales of Hearts R

Freedom Wars

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

Viita is great, no games, PS3 was great, not many games, PS4 great.... no games, Wii U great, no games. Microsoft destroyed the entire console market, predicted it 13 years ago when they announced the original XBOX would be launched. With the advent of XBROKE and iOS devices it has devastated all of gaming. Aside from a handful or less of platform exclusives all we have is FPS Windows type crappy shooters, online tea bagging retards etc. My PS4 is collecting dust, my Vita collecting dust, my Wii U collecting dust. The last time I logged into my Wii U the personal log data said I hadn't turned it on in almost 3 months and on that occasion it was just to use the web browser.

The reasons gaming is dead? Microsoft and iOS/Android mobile gaming. It's all hardcore idiots FPS retards, or casual Bubble Blip Popper gamers.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

I enjoyed my Vita. I been playing a lot of the older PSP games tho.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I love gaming on it... but I'm almost out of games to play. I have one more from PS+ that I'm probably going to start soon, then I'll have nothing that I haven't played yet that I own or was interested in playing when it appeared on the Instant Games Collection. I suppose I'll have to dig deeper into its library. Need for Speed is one game I have in mind... but yeah, I can't think of any future games on it I'm looking forward to, unless Gravity Rush 2 is still happening.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#8  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

I don't agree at all: if asked whether I prefer PSV-exclusives or PSN cross-buy, cross-play games I'd certainly go for the latter...

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#9  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@SoNin360: I found Borderlands 2 pretty good on the PSV; also: my Vita backlog is looong already, including also several PSP titles, though

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

I'm still in a backlog so I guess I'm pleased that I decided to purchase the platform so late in the game. It'll be a bummer if they don't decide to follow through on the Vita but I'll take the time to finally earn some platinum trophies.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I'm so backlogged on the thing it's madness. The total library on the thing is very large for such an unpopular/dead device. But yeah, Sony's treatment of it has been a damn shame.

BravoOneActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#12 BravoOneActual
Member since 2010 • 799 Posts

I was somewhat coerced -- incessantly browbeaten one could say -- into getting a Vita, but I certainly don't (entirely) regret it. I hedged my bets a little by buying a Craigslist Special with a good sized card for $150.

Yes, the "indie declaration" seems like a fallback position, but I blame economics more than Sony itself. In some ways it looks like the PSP all over again, but I think currently there is still an excellent library to be explored. Lastly, there is no rule that says games developed by lesser known, or smaller devs can't have the "meat" and creativity of AAA titles. That said, I don't judge anyone for their heartburn over the recent news.

I remain glass half full at this point and I'm glad to have my Vita.

guitarpete462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 guitarpete462
Member since 2013 • 124 Posts

Well, I really still love my Vita. I don't get to game that much, so it's perfect, lol. I actually have quite a Vita backlog at this point. I really love the remote play feature because it allows me to game on my PS4 sitting by my wife in the living room while she watches Bravo, and everyone's happy!

I understand some of you who have tons of time to game might be dismayed at the Vita's library, but I'm still trying to finish Persona 4 Golden a year later, and have still not played a bunch of the games they've offered on Plus.

Rookerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rookerman

Here's the thing, Sony is pretty much done. But if people buy a lot of Vitas due to Remote Play, who's to say other companies won't make AAA titles.

I agree with PS4 having no Games, but there will be so many PS4 games, it's outselling Xbox One, and I bought PS3 at launch, took about 1.5 years for any good games to come. But now PS3 has TONS of GREAT games.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I am totally addicted to the Atelier series right now, so yeah, I'm enjoying my Vita.

final_lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By final_lap
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

We might not be realizing that Vita has become sleeper hit for downloadable titles. Those who are complaining about it failing are too focused on retail or "AAA" games.

And if this is true, that means the Vita will only get even better from here on out.

Rookerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rookerman

@final_lap: I really love to own cases to display. But I will say I do enjoy playing PSP games on the vita with the two joy sticks. I haven't played much else besides Uncharted, Assassins Creed III Liberation, Unit 13 and Metal gear Solid HD.