Playstation Vita advice needed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

Hello, I'm a long time Nintendo gamer - ending at the NDS lite and my last Playstation device was the PS2. I'm a bit clueless as to what games are coming out for the Vita which is what's holding me back from buying it.

The games I'm really interested at right now are Dragon's Crown, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Picotto Knights, Little King's Story. I think almost all of them will come out in 2013 which is sad. Ranting is not the point of this thread so...what big high quality titles can I expect for the Vita? Is there a chance that Dead or Alive 5, Tekken, Soul calibur will come out?. I'm mainly aiming for games that's morethan 20 hours of gameplay and or has a good amount of replay value. I know that we are all still wondering about upcoming games, but I'm hoping that there will be games that's on the PSP and will have a sequel for the Vita. Problem is, I only played 2 games for like 30minutes each on my friend's PSP(monster hunter and metal gear) and the rest I dont know.

I really, REALLY do not give a **** about modern FPS/TPS(except metal gear) games unless I'm playing as a girl in school uniform with thigh high socks and high heels in third person.

----------------------------------------------------

Games/genre I'm not interested at:

Uncharted

Little big planet

Racing games

Sports games except the Hotshot golf thingy and the Fish on next.

==================

Games/genre I like:

JRPG

Fighting games except mortal combat and marvel vs capcom.

Multiplayer games but it depends on what kind.

------------------------------

TLDR: What big high quality 20 hours+/good replay value Vita titles can I expect. Thank you!

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

@slashkice I would recommend UMvC3 and MK over all other fighters for Vita. SFxT is still beyond broken, and Blazblue gets too many iterations for my liking.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

@slashkice I would recommend UMvC3 and MK over all other fighters for Vita. SFxT is still beyond broken, and Blazblue gets too many iterations for my liking.

Slashkice

Yeah, but those are the two fighters the OP ruled out. :p Though I do think MK is worth it since all of the content, especially the tower stuff, lends itself to handhelds very well.

SFxT I just mentioned since the OP brought up Tekken, and BlazBlue does have several releases, but it's a quality fighting game, and a quality port from what I've heard.

With Blazblue, I just don't feel the value is there when another one is already announced for consoles, and likely making its way to PSV.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
You should try little big planet, ratchet& clank, or ragonork odyssey. Just look up vita game videos on YouTube and see if there is anything you like. Also don't forget you can download many psp games on the store. Since you haven't owned a psp before there are some good games you can find for $10 and under (like Megaman x).
dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

I've read everything here, Gravity rush looks really good, the fighting games are okay as long as there will be online play, Ragnarok odyssey I'll probably just wait for some reviews because the game doesn't feel like the way it should be, god eater and soul sacrifice looks interesting and lastly project diva and djmax is fine i guess, but I use my pc for rhythm games. There isn't really enough games that will excite me more so I'll have to think about it with my tight budget before jumping in the Playstation bandwagon.

I highly appreciate the recommendations, so thanks to everyone.

EDIT: I just found out about the 250$ bundles that's coming, are they worth the price? Oh and I'm aiming for the assassins creed bundle one because sports and FPS doesnt appeal to me that much. @Slashkice who is the girl in your banner?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

You should check out New Little Kings Story. The originally on Wii was one of the most overlooked gems this generation of consoles, and with a new/deeper story, more content, and better controls, it looks to top the original!

Sarge1442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sarge1442
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

Hello, I'm a long time Nintendo gamer - ending at the NDS lite and my last Playstation device was the PS2. I'm a bit clueless as to what games are coming out for the Vita which is what's holding me back from buying it.

The games I'm really interested at right now are Dragon's Crown, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Picotto Knights, Little King's Story. I think almost all of them will come out in 2013 which is sad. Ranting is not the point of this thread so...what big high quality titles can I expect for the Vita? Is there a chance that Dead or Alive 5, Tekken, Soul calibur will come out?. I'm mainly aiming for games that's morethan 20 hours of gameplay and or has a good amount of replay value. I know that we are all still wondering about upcoming games, but I'm hoping that there will be games that's on the PSP and will have a sequel for the Vita. Problem is, I only played 2 games for like 30minutes each on my friend's PSP(monster hunter and metal gear) and the rest I dont know.

I really, REALLY do not give a **** about modern FPS/TPS(except metal gear) games unless I'm playing as a girl in school uniform with thigh high socks and high heels in third person.

Uncharted

Little big planet

Racing games

==================

Games/genre I like:

JRPG

TLDR: What big high quality 20 hours+/good replay value Vita titles can I expect. Thank you!

dsownge

Persona 4 the golden comes out november 20th and assassins creed lady liberty (thats the japenese name and kicks the crap out of its generic us title) comes out november first I believe. The MGS collection and Gravity rush you can get 20 hours out of both and if you like puzzle games enough same with Lumines. Also Persona 3 portable is a psp game and you can download it to Vita along with all the old Final Fantasy PS1 titles

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

Uncharted

Little big planet

Racing games

==================

Games/genre I like:

JRPG

dsownge
Frankly, the PS Vita is not for you, at least not at this time. No hard feelings. Possibly a year from now when more titles have been released you may want to think about investing the $200+ for it. From what you have described as far as your game preferences you're better off finding a 3DS.