Playstation Plus... NOW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ericklobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ericklobos
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

I was just checking the gaming news today, and I like the Gamespot article "Rental vs Buying Full Games". I started to realize that if you had PS Plus from the beginning and if you are lucky to have all Sony consoles, you could have access to a number of titles in different formats for $50 a year. After that year you have to decide to keep the membership and buy another year, or forget about all the "free" games. Therefore, this means that somehow we are renting the titles, in away.

Maybe Sony needs to change the whole business approach regarding PS Now, if they tell me you are going to pay $120/year to have all the titles you had in PS Plus for all these years ready to stream in your tv, I would probably say yes. ( I don't have to worry about changing consoles or HDD space)

On a second thought, maybe Sony is not approaching people that own all their consoles; they are probably going after those who doesn't even have one. I see the point of not renting something for $5 dollars if I know I can buy the same exact game used for the same (or less). However, I can imagine a casual gamer that just wants to try a ps3 game on his new TV (with PS Now), this guy doesn't own a console and he just wants to try it for 7 days. Someone mentioned that we already rent movies for $5 dollars, maybe this guy will do the same for a game title.

Long story short, I think that Sony could make this initiative be a success if they take different venues to approach both casual and hardcore gamers. Sony could stay with the rental approach and add a membership if people decide to go that route instead.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Umm yeah?

What are we meant to discuss?

SolidTy

Forum Posts