playstation plus free games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kounterfeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kounterfeit
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

im thinking of picking up playstation plus but have a question. i was thinking of buying a couple of games that i see are free this month mainly nfl blitz. now my question for that is...will i still be able to play all the free games i download in the future eventhough they are no longer listed as free games as long as i am still a plus member.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
as far as i know you cannot access the free games after your subscription is up...
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
As long as you keep your PS+ membership current you can play any game you downloaded for free until the end of time.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
I think you can only play them free as long as you're subscribed.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

As long as you're subscribed you keep all of the games you have downloaded until your subscription runs out. You can still play NFL Blitz next month and the month after and so on if you are still a PS+ member. If you decide to cancel your subscription for a period of time and then renew it in the future you gain access to all the games from your past subscription back, since they are in your download history.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
You can still download them even after they are not free anymore, just go to your download history. As long as you are a member, eveythin that was or is free while you were or are a member is still free too you at anytime you wish to redownload them. You could be a member from October 2012 -October 2013 and rejoin in January 2014, and the stuff you had back in 2012 are still there for you.
kounterfeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kounterfeit
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

thanks to everyone looks like ill be picking that up. seems like it could pay for itself real quick. especially when the vita stuff gets included

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#8 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

As long as you keep your PS+ membership current you can play any game you downloaded for free until the end of time. dalger21

End of time? Did Sony agree to that anywhere?

I think it'll be pretty interesting to see what happens when the PS4 finally gets released.

When I first bought my PS3 you could download on up to 5 systems and it didn't take long for that to change.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
Of course Sony could change their minds in regards to that but for now, as long as you keep your PS+ membership, the games you download for free are available for an indefinite amount of time.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

[QUOTE="dalger21"]As long as you keep your PS+ membership current you can play any game you downloaded for free until the end of time. d_parker

End of time? Did Sony agree to that anywhere?

I think it'll be pretty interesting to see what happens when the PS4 finally gets released.

When I first bought my PS3 you could download on up to 5 systems and it didn't take long for that to change.

probably because people misused the service to share games with players who didn't buy the game.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
will i still be able to play all the free games i download in the future even though they are no longer listed as free games as long as i am still a plus member.kounterfeit
As long as you have DLed them and they appear in your DL history, you can always go back and DLed those games again for free and as long as you're a Plus member. Also, a protip: If you want to DLed a game but you don't have enough space but you don't want to delete anything right now, you can still start the DLed process for the game you want and then quickly cancel it. This way it will show up in your history as DLed, and when you're ready you can go back and DLed it again.