Playstation 4 Universal voltage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Ahmed_Abdelatif
Ahmed_Abdelatif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ahmed_Abdelatif
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

It was a major inquiry by me and others,if PS4 will continue having multi-voltage power supply unit on it. And there were no confirmations on the topic, even GS staff couldn't answer the question yesterday in the launch event. [And yes @Chris_Watters, you said my name correctly]. So, I asked Amazon CS on the topic and their answer was the following

11:50 AM(GMT) Aswin(CSA): I checked and see that PS4 has universal voltage ratings. So you can use it any where in the world.

11:51 AM(GMT) Ahmed: This applies to the power cable provided in the box as well?

11:51 AM(GMT) Aswin(CSA): Yes, Ahmed.

Credit Amazon CS chat manuscript

So, I guess this answers the question once and for all that PS4 has universal voltage

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

most products use this system. its cheaper to provide one for all, rather then tailor it to specific regions. Heck, a lot of products even ship with the over seas plugs inthe box (sony laptops included!)

walterg74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By walterg74
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts

@Ahmed_Abdelatif: yeah, while it's probale that the internal psu will be multi voltage like the ps3, this kost certainly will NOT apply to the power cord...power cords typically have the plugs for the country they're sold in, so while you may not need a voltage adapter you will definitely need a simple plug adapter if your country doesn't have american style outlets.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Ahmed_Abdelatif: Its 2013 people, 99% of devices can work anywhere in the world.

Ahmed_Abdelatif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ahmed_Abdelatif

@GTR12 You haven't met most Samsung products, then

Ahmed_Abdelatif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ahmed_Abdelatif

@walterg74 Yea, true.. but that's an easy part

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Ahmed_Abdelatif said:

@GTR12 You haven't met most Samsung products, then

LOL are you serious? I have an S2 and I know people with an S3, S4, Note 2 and 3 as well as some Samsung BD player, they all work overseas and on different voltages.

220 here in Australia and it works fine with the 110 in US, 120 I think in Japan, I can't remember what UK and Germany are but works there as well.

Ahmed_Abdelatif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ahmed_Abdelatif

@GTR12 Well but not most of them, I got a home theatre that only works on 110V, even though it is being sold here in Egypt where we use 220V. but it's good we're sure that most are universal