One Question about Metal Gear Solid 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

One little thing has been bothering me about metal gear solid 4. In the original Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation One the game had 2 different endings. One ending is where you save Merryl and escape with her while Otacon is blown up inside the complex by the fighter jets. The second ending is that Merryl dies before you can save her and you escape the complex with Otacon. So basically whichever ending you get to either Merryl or Otacon dies but in the new Metal Gear Solid 4 game Both Merryl and Otacon are in it. Am I missing something? I thought (going into Metal Gear Solid 2 on PS2) that the story arc Kojima went with is the ending that Merryl dies as she didnt appear in MGS2 but Otacon did.

Thoughts????

gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gera34
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

One little thing has been bothering me about metal gear solid 4. In the original Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation One the game had 2 different endings. One ending is where you save Merryl and escape with her while Otacon is blown up inside the complex by the fighter jets. The second ending is that Merryl dies before you can save her and you escape the complex with Otacon. So basically whichever ending you get to either Merryl or Otacon dies but in the new Metal Gear Solid 4 game Both Merryl and Otacon are in it. Am I missing something? I thought (going into Metal Gear Solid 2 on PS2) that the story arc Kojima went with is the ending that Merryl dies as she didnt appear in MGS2 but Otacon did.

Thoughts????

jon_cia

Its too simpl... merryl never dies... when she died... occurred a time paradox... that solve that... jajajaja joking... i really dont know... good question :O

Sony_Patriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Sony_Patriot
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts
I'll take your word for it that MGS1 had multiple endings because I can't remember but I don't think Meryl has been confirmed for MGS4. But if she has good point.
mojojojo23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mojojojo23
Member since 2004 • 2219 Posts
OMG Teh KerNh0Le kald of teh AiRsTr1k 0caGoN iZ Al1vE
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 FstBrk342
Member since 2005 • 1527 Posts
the ending where meryl dies has been stated to be non-canon. so according to the official mgs universe, u save meryl.
Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Poster_11
Member since 2003 • 438 Posts

I'll take your word for it that MGS1 had multiple endings because I can't remember but I don't think Meryl has been confirmed for MGS4. But if she has good point.Sony_Patriot

I think shes in a Game play Cinematic Trailer

numbersss101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 numbersss101
Member since 2007 • 421 Posts
Otacon = Kane from C&C series :shock: He fond a way to not die from nearly every single weapon known to man and alien just like Kane
Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Poster_11
Member since 2003 • 438 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/video/926596/6174329/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-official-trailer-7

yup that's her talking to snake unless I'm mistaken and Otacon isn't confirmed dead he's assumed dead.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
it is supposed to be the folowing of the meryl ending, but strangely how come that snake and otacon became close friends then? when did they re-encounter after the shadow moses incident?
numbersss101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 numbersss101
Member since 2007 • 421 Posts

it is supposed to be the folowing of the meryl ending, but strangely how come that snake and otacon became close friends then? when did they re-encounter after the shadow moses incident?DealRogers

They met in a bar and started to talk and get drunk

jquest123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jquest123
Member since 2007 • 765 Posts
im pretty sure meryl is in MGS4, i saw a pic of her she was in the "NEW FOXHOUND"
pistolplatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pistolplatypus
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

[QUOTE="DealRogers"]it is supposed to be the folowing of the meryl ending, but strangely how come that snake and otacon became close friends then? when did they re-encounter after the shadow moses incident?numbersss101

Yeah, Otacon started telling snake how he would bone any female with a heartbeat and Snake thought that sounded "pretty good"

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

otacon was assume dead because shadow moses was supposed to blow up ... but it didnt (forgot why) ... therefore otacon lives and meryl lives

also the meryl living ending is supposed to be the real one, because meryl dies if you cant stand the torture, but since snake is so bad ass they assume that he's good enough to avoid giving into the torture, therefore meryl lives because he doesn't give in to the torture (as in your not supposed to give in to the torture in-game)

Necollix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Necollix
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Yeah, the colonel calls off the air-strike as I recall. Meryl's ending is the "real" ending.
Na_G4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Na_G4life
Member since 2005 • 515 Posts

it is supposed to be the folowing of the meryl ending, but strangely how come that snake and otacon became close friends then? when did they re-encounter after the shadow moses incident?DealRogers

Yea, the airstrike never occurs because the president is notified of the DOD president's actions (Jim Houseman). Houseman is arrested and the airstrike that he ordered without the president's approval was called off. So Otacon doesn't die.

jeffdanno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jeffdanno
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
ok um this is the REAL thing the sequels ignored the meryl dying ending and had the other ending where she survives and otacon stays at shadow moses + colonel calls off the air strike, so meryl and otacon both survive. thats the ending if you won the torture thingy
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

ok um this is the REAL thing the sequels ignored the meryl dying ending and had the other ending where she survives and otacon stays at shadow moses + colonel calls off the air strike, so meryl and otacon both survive. thats the ending if you won the torture thingyjeffdanno

Year old thread? Really...??

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
[QUOTE="numbersss101"]

[QUOTE="DealRogers"]it is supposed to be the folowing of the meryl ending, but strangely how come that snake and otacon became close friends then? when did they re-encounter after the shadow moses incident?pistolplatypus

Yeah, Otacon started telling snake how he would bone any female with a heartbeat and Snake thought that sounded "pretty good"

:lol: The picture in my head is just too awesome.