This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Kukurochan
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
im a new PSVita owner, what can you suggest me on my new PSVita? tips for newbies
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Bite the bullet and get a good memory card. Some great games are only on PSN.
Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kukurochan
I was told to turn off my bluetooth for it drains battery very quickly.. i have a list of games based on what i have read on some feedback.. Dokuro Ragnarok Odyssey Call of duty
Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts
How are you liking your vita? I am looking at purchasing one in the next month of two.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Granpire
There's no reason to keep your bluetooth on anyway, unless you've got a headset.
Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kukurochan
How are you liking your vita? I am looking at purchasing one in the next month of two.Habsrule31
vita is awesome! i tried to play my very first game..which is Dokuro its a puzzle game.. planning to add up several games like call of duty ragnarok odyssey (since im an RO fan) and some games advised by my friends As far as games: LittleBigPlanet Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation Gravity Rush Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Need for Speed: Most Wanted Persona 4 Golden
Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts
[QUOTE="Habsrule31"]How are you liking your vita? I am looking at purchasing one in the next month of two.Kukurochan
vita is awesome! i tried to play my very first game..which is Dokuro its a puzzle game.. planning to add up several games like call of duty ragnarok odyssey (since im an RO fan) and some games advised by my friends As far as games: LittleBigPlanet Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation Gravity Rush Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Need for Speed: Most Wanted Persona 4 Golden

Sweet thanks. I'm looking at getting one on Boxing Day or for Christmas and I have heard nothing but good things! I think what really is going to make me get one is that I travel a lot for sports and sometimes my ipod just doesn't cut it on those long car rides. I've seen some of the games as well and I would really like to play them since they aren't on PS3.
JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

I just picked up my Vita 2 days ago with Uncharted, and picked up 4 more games today.

WipeOut 2048.

Unit 13.

Hot Shots Golf.

Silent Hill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Tip # 1: There are some decent free games for the Vita on PSN. These are Frobisher Says and Treasures of Montezuma Blitz. Neither game is going to take your breath away, but they are both fun in their own way. Next year another free game is coming out called Picotto Knights, which looks like it could be fun. Keep an eye on it.

Tip # 2: Some Vita games are released as both cartridges and digital downloads. Others are released purely as digital downloads. You should probably get the biggest memory card you can afford so you have space for these digital-download-only games, and DLC. There are also older PSP and PSX games that you can download which will also take up space.

Tip # 3: The Vita library is still growing, but there are a handful of more popular games on the system. I think generally speaking, Little Big Planet Vita is one of those games on the system that will appeal to a lot of people.

There are some other retail games with varying levels of popularity: Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Lumines, Disgaea 3, Metal Gear Solid HDC, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout, Ragnarok Odyssey, Virtue's Last Reward, and maybe even Black Ops are all pretty recommendable games off the top of my head.

And on the digital-download-only side of things: Dokuro, Retro City Rampage, Escape Plan, Super Stardust Delta, Mutant Blobs Attack, Motorstorm RC, Little King's Story 2, When Vikings Attack, Soundshapes and Zen Pinball are pretty popular.

Tried to cover as many of the big favorites as I could think of, but there may be others.

Tip # 4: Look for Black Friday deals. There are bound to be some.

Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kukurochan
Oh thanks! this is what im looking for! currently i already have Dokuro, Ragnarok Odyssey and Gravity Rush Love Dokuro from all of the games coz it gives my mind a little workout.. planning on CoD maybe mid this week
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
deactivated-5b19dc46a4767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
Member since 2012 • 118 Posts

GO buy these games:

Virtue's Last Reward

Little Big Planet Vita

Rayman Origins

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (wayyyy better than reviewers' scores)

Persona 4 Golden

Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kukurochan
thanks for the suggestion..i have heard about Little Big Planet on the most anticipated game together with Dokuro..
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Easily LBPV. Maybe UMVC3 if you like fighting games.

Pantheon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pantheon2
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Just picked up my Vita 2 days ago, its my first Sony system and I'm loving it! I have: AC3:Liberation Lumines: Electronic Symphony Persona 3 Portable Gonna pick up P4G for Christmas methinks. Can anyone help me turn off the bluetooth?
Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kukurochan
check this blog..how to turn off your bluetooth http://mashtomatoes.blogspot.com/2012/11/ps-vita-bluetooth-settings.html
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Granpire
[QUOTE="Pantheon2"]Just picked up my Vita 2 days ago, its my first Sony system and I'm loving it! I have: AC3:Liberation Lumines: Electronic Symphony Persona 3 Portable Gonna pick up P4G for Christmas methinks. Can anyone help me turn off the bluetooth?

Congrats man. Good choices. Bluetooth is in Settings(Bubble/app)>Network>Bluetooth Settings, then Uncheck "Bluetooth Feature"
Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kukurochan
congrats btw on your vita..you should try Dokuro im really into this game..lol
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

this is what I was looking for. Probably going to pick up my vita today (Black Friday Price). Only thing I'm not too happy about is the price for those D@mn memory cards.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

this is what I was looking for. Probably going to pick up my vita today (Black Friday Price). Only thing I'm not too happy about is the price for those D@mn memory cards.

Terrencec06
Yeah, and even the 4gb one the bundles come with really isn't big enough to do anything on. I've had my Vita for 3 days and I've almost filled it up. IF Sony would drop the insane prices for the memory stick I'd bet they'd get some more sales.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Welcome to the PSV family :)

Its a great handheld and surely those using PS+ / PS Store will be even happier with PSV..

My gaming library is still small with only a few games Fifa, Uncharted, Rayman Origins, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, BlazBlue, Assassins Creed & Modnation Racers..

However next week should get two more titles SF vx Tekken & Persona 4 :)

Looking forward to more details on Killzone while hoping Sony will announce new titles such as Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank and Patapon :)

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

[QUOTE="Terrencec06"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Yeah, and even the 4gb one the bundles come with really isn't big enough to do anything on. I've had my Vita for 3 days and I've almost filled it up. IF Sony would drop the insane prices for the memory stick I'd bet they'd get some more sales.

So far got a 4GB card that came with the bundle but as you said its not enough..

would an extra 16Gb be enough to go along the one (4gb) i got or better go for 32GB?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
would an extra 16Gb be enough to go along the one (4gb) i got or better go for 32GB?Malta_1980
It depends on how much you game, and how many games you plan on owning down the road. If you think you'll be interested in a lot of download-only games, or you plan on only buying digital versions of games, then the 32GB card is probably a good idea. If you only want to keep a couple of big games and a few smaller ones stored on your system for variety, then the 16GB might cut it.