Need some advice please!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KILLER_LEGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KILLER_LEGS
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

hi, recently my PS3 has had some issues. I've had it a year or so, maybe a little bit longer and I play everyday. I love it, so I'm playing a lot everyday. And about a week ago I was watching a movie and my PS3 started making a weird sound and I couldn't power it off from the power button so I unplugged it, I waited a minute and then plugged it back in the sound it was making before happened again only for a second and then stopped and then my PS3 proceeded to power on as usual.. Normal picture and sound. But I turned it off after all that anyway just cause the whole situation worried me. It's been a week since all that and I go to plug in my PS3 again and it powers on but no picture and no sound. At first there were like white lines and like white areas of whatever but then I did the power button for 5 seconds and now it's just a blank screen. But it turns on and off like normal? I really would like to know how to fix this, I'm electronically inclined.. Meaning just show me what to do and I'll be able to do it on my own. Someone please help if u can, I really hope my PS3 isn't a goner. Thank u

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@killer_legs:

Its the GPU